Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One more DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE?????

/bg
    my store is near a world famous temple of American football stadium. there are 6 hotels within 3 blocks of said stadium (along with an area and 2 large exhibition halls). In total my delivery area serves 26 hotels. there are a few clusters (like above) and some outliers. Most are national chain franchise places.

/end bg

I get dispatched on a order to one of the near stadium hotels. I look at the ticket and see that it goes to a local "one step above a flea infested donkey's ass " hotel. now this particular hotel only has 15 rooms on one floor. I look for the room number,. IT is 211. Not possible.

I talk to the person who took the order and they told me the customer said they are at the Arena Motel (not really the name) and they were in room 211. I explain that that room number is not a valid room number for that "establishment"

OK on the off chance that it is romm 11. I grab another close by order as a double.

I deliver the first order and head to said hotel. NOPE no one in room 11. So I make the rounds and check with the other hotels in hope that this brain damaged customer meant one of the other hotels in this cluster to see if they have a guest in room 211.

NOPE. Bring the order back to the store and have it canceled.

about 90 minutes later the customer calls wondering where their order is. WHEN asked what hotel they are staying at they give a completely different hotel name. Now this hotel is about 7 MILES from the stadium AND is out by the airport, the Windy Door hotel.

WTF?????? dude!!!!!! the AIRPORT is NOT near the arena or stadium. YOu drove to the hotel. you CHECKED in to said hotel. Your room has TONS of literature about said hotel. THe note pad on the desk has the hotel name and location printed RIGHT ON IT. There are signs on th door stating "Here are the rules for the Windy Door hotel, etc. Heck even the little bars of soap in the bathroom areprinted with the Windy Door name and logo.
    Last edited by Racket_Man; 06-04-2013, 08:37 AM.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Is there any way you can set up some kind of reverse lookup where you check the phone number against the hotels in the area for hotel orders? There are only so many hotels in the area, even a quick Excel chart or searching a Word document would suffice.

Comment

That would only work if they call from that phone and not their cell phone...

Comment

I live in a much, much smaller area than the OP, but whoever decided to zone this little city decided all the hotels have to be right next to each other. So, there's like 3 of them right by the highway.

Granted, in this little podunk farmville, only Dominos and Pizza Slut delivers, but I'm sure they have fun trying to find out which of the 3 hotels they are getting calls from.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Grendus View Post
          Is there any way you can set up some kind of reverse lookup where you check the phone number against the hotels in the area for hotel orders? There are only so many hotels in the area, even a quick Excel chart or searching a Word document would suffice.
          We keep begging for Caller-ID but alas that would kill off company mystery survey calls.

We do have a complet list of ALL the hotel phone number beside every phone BUT if some dim bulb can NOT figure out which hotel they are at, welcome to our hotel guessing game.
          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
          X