This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I eat fat and drive trucks made of fat

So I casually mentioned to Coworker that I was not going to eat a salad, because I've eaten them about 6 days in a row and I've had enough of them. She goes "Oh, back to the fried food and chocolate cake, then?" Yes, because obviously since I'm a fat person:

1.) I was eating salad to try to lose weight
    2.) since I'm a fat person, I obviously don't try very hard
    3.) fat people habitually eat foods that other people don't
    4.) you never see a skinny mofo with a corndog
    5.) The only reason a fat person could eat salad is to lose weight.
    6.) I couldn't possibly just enjoy eating salad. I couldn't have been merely indulging a craving that lasted a week.

I just sort of shrugged it off and said I usually smothered it in cheese and ranch dressing anyway, so it wasn't any more or less healthy than fried food.

Later in the day, I asked another employee if he could go get me a milkshake. I do this maybe once a month, and today was a scorcher, so I was really looking forward to it. He gave it to me and said "I didn't know if you wanted whipped cream or not, so I made an executive decision and had them put it on." "Oh, she LOOKS like she wants whipped cream!" said the aforementioned coworker snidely. I've really had about enough of her mouth.
    "Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages." - Terry Pratchett
    Emissary of Minong - my blog and its Facebook page

I'd start documenting and then reporting for harassment.

Also salads can be unhealthy too! Caesar salad for example...
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post

Also salads can be unhealthy too! Caesar salad for example...
      reminded me of this: starts at 3:38
      http://youtu.be/IkMPZ7WeDck?t=3m38s

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
        *snip*
        Second this. Somebody higher up needs to have words with this person.

Comment

People can be real jackasses. "Oh, X wants such-and-such? MUST be because of my limited world view and clearly defined stereotype!"

But your comment about non-healthy salad reminds me of this.
          I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Nurian -- even before I clicked on the link, the ad was playing in my head ~ "I don't see no let-tuce!" ~ ^_^

I didn't know they had TV ads of those. I thought they were all radio-only. Now I have something to do to kill home this evening
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
            X