This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So my boyfriend's workplace is...interesting

Quick background: boyfriend works for an ISP.

So apparently his workplace has no problem with Nerf guns. Needless to say, my boyfriend has taken to bringing his Jolt to work with him (very small, very powerful 1-shot gun. ). And a number of his coworkers have bought guns with them too.

It's resulted in a friendly email from the managers to please remind all staff "If you do want to shoot, please avoid doing it from the second floor to the first floor, or doing it during <other time I can't remember>, otherwise GO AHEAD."

As a result, my boyfriend has now commented that he needs to arm up for a Nerf war. He doesn't need to arm up, he has a collection that would rival mine and a friend's put together! (He has: Stampede, Vulcan, Raider, Recon, Maverick x 2, Jolt x 3, some crappy little 1-shot that I forget the name of, Titan, the newer Barricade (I forget the name), one of the disc guns and a 6-dart air-pump gun)

Oh and he wants to get the Rough-Cut Nerf gun as well as the Hail-Fire.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

I can get away with shooting the boss, on occasion. Not often tho. His sounds a bit more free fire than my work XD

Also I think I have about the same sized collection as him XD - Still to get the Rough cut, but I think the hail fire looks a bit silly.
    "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
    Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

Bring the Vulcan to work, construct a pillbox and have it pointed at the door. Any 'surprise' visitors will get a nice hosing down with nerf-based doom. =)

Comment

Quoth Hanzoku View Post
        Bring the Vulcan to work, construct a pillbox and have it pointed at the door. Any 'surprise' visitors will get a nice hosing down with nerf-based doom. =)
        That would work if the doors at his workplace weren't key-carded
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I used to have a teacher with a nerf gun or two for sleeping kids. She'd catch you sleeping and it was pow pow pow. Then I guess the higher ups said no more because she took to dictionaries dropped from high up behind you onto the floor.
          ACNL Dream Address: 5300-6013-1370

Comment

In my day we had to make do with rubber bands. Extra bonus points for ricochet splattering a fly all over your opponent. (Those flies were *HUGE* ... four engines & tail gunners ... there was a slaughterhouse across the street.)

John & John were lying in wait for the R&D tech one morning. He popped over, rubber band locked and loaded... Their bands were inch wide sections of car tire inner tube.
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

My work has the following.

T-shirt or Dress with *ABC Field*
              Dress pants or NICE shorts
              Sonic Screwdriver or Psychic Paper*(your choice)
              Nerf Gun with 1 set or reloads

>.> why yes, I do own the place, why do you ask.
              Frying pans! Who knew, right?

Comment

A workplace like this?
                The Great Office War
                No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

did you know you can modify a Vulcan ammo chain and add extras onto the end. Of course reloading after a 200 shot suppressing fire can take a while.

But that is what interns are for.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                    Those flies were *HUGE* ... four engines & tail gunners ... there was a slaughterhouse across the street.
                    Sort of like Northern Ontario bases for the Commonwealth Air Training Program (during WW2). I've heard reports that technicians went out to change an engine on a Mosquito - only to find out that THAT one had never been inside a DeHaviland factory.
                    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

does it have to be nerf? Can it shoot rubber bands?

cos i'm thinking of that rubber-band machine gun.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                        In my day we had to make do with rubber bands.
                        When my boss is out, the gumbands (rubber bands, for those of you not from Pittsburgh) start flying
                        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                          In my day we had to make do with rubber bands. Extra bonus points for ricochet splattering a fly all over your opponent. (Those flies were *HUGE* ... four engines & tail gunners ... there was a slaughterhouse across the street.)

John & John were lying in wait for the R&D tech one morning. He popped over, rubber band locked and loaded... Their bands were inch wide sections of car tire inner tube.
                          A small company I used to work for (we were literally in a converted garage) Rubber bands were the norm. One guy had the idea to use the cardboard box from a large server rack as a "fort" with hole cut out for shooting. it was SOOOOO easy to just walk up with a handfull of rubber bands and rapid fire them throug the "firing slit". it also did not help that he was in a corner.
                          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                            ... handfull of rubber bands and rapid fire them throug the "firing slit". it also did not help that he was in a corner.
                            Imagine suicide hill "go-cart" with baby-coach wheels a la Cosby. Plus sheet aluminum roofing for armor, tied behind a bicycle for our tank in the peach wars, with Long Sahm (6 foot 12 y.o.) as the tank commander inside, so cramped his fire-power is limited to limp-wristing peaches out the gun port.

Scoring:
                            Outbound: 15 peaches @ 6 mph
                            Inbound: 3 bushels of peaches circa 40 mph

Somebody 50 years later will puke at a whiff of peach...
                            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                            X