This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth fireheart View Post
    I can remember the whole "sun rises in the east/sets in the west thing" from when I was about 8 or 9.
    Either way I'd still get confused about which way's north
    REM "Stand"

Stand in the place where you live, now face north
    Think about direction wonder why you haven't
    Now stand in the place where you work, now face west
    Think about the place where you live wonder why you haven't before

Quoth Tanasi View Post
    On a state highway just a little ways from my office there is a stretch of road that according to the road signs you're traveling both north and south on different highways at the same time. Reality is you're traveling on a third highway east. No wonder the damnyankees get lost around here.
    I think that's pretty common anywhere on the East coast, North or South. Interstate highways were built on old state highways that were built on old state roads etc. When you go back far enough the original road was a path that was easiest to walk/ride a horse from one location to another and rarely took the shortest "as a bird flies" route.

The sister of a girl I dated used to drive about fifteen minutes out of her way because she refused to get off I93 South onto I95 North. She couldn't grasp the fact that at that point I95 North was actually heading dead East, the exact direction she needed to go!
    You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious.

Comment

Working...
    X