X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth dalesys View Post
    Or Body weight / 32 = water weight

160 lb /2 => 80 oz. (A pint's a pound, the world around). pint = 16 oz. So 5 lb.
    I'm sure the Brits (and anyone else from a Commonwealth country still using Imperial measurements) on here would disagree with you. An Imperial pint is 20 oz.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
      I'm sure the Brits (and anyone else from a Commonwealth country still using Imperial measurements) on here would disagree with you. An Imperial pint is 20 oz.
      But a standard pint, which is what wolfie was referring to, is 16 oz.

And these differences are why the medical and scientific worlds stick to metric!
      Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Quoth 42_42_42 View Post
        But a standard pint, which is what wolfie was referring to, is 16 oz.

And these differences are why the medical and scientific worlds stick to metric!
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CG-AZzVE39s

I believe this is relevant....
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Plyometric exercise is a good way to go. But first, sort out your nutrition, then worry about exercise. Fourthing or fifthing the nutritionist suggestion.
          The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Update time: Doctor was barely caring about the weightloss and muscle problems. I did ask what I could do and they wouldn't allow a nutritionist referal or a physio. They did grudgingly suggest the nutrition shakes which I did buy (but haven't used yet as my appetite picked up a bit).

My weight has at least stabilized, much helped by two friends offering me a break in Scotland for a week and getting me to try the local specials! Whilst I was up there I also got to do a lot of walking as they have a big lovely German Shepherd (which also got my arms some exercise too!)

Starting to feel a bit less fragile now!
            I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Argh.

Are you able to get a different doctor? One who WILL care?

<insert rant about medical supervision of, and assistance with, extreme weight loss here>

<sigh>
              Seshat's self-help guide:
              1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
              2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
              3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
              4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

You need a physiotherapist. I'm in a similar boat albeit for different reasons where I have fuck and all core strength. I have similar problems with sitting and standing for long periods. But my doctor is also a nutrionalist and my doc and physiotherapist are in the same clinic.

But yeah, I've lost near 10lbs now to stress and anxiety stemming from my injury and inability to return to work.

Comment

The movements of bellydance - especially, of course, the ones for the core muscles - are excellent for core muscle strength. If you don't try to do the more extreme and dramatic movements, it can also be a very gentle workout.

Naturally, of course, consult with your physiotherapist.

And yes, GK, there are male forms of what we 'westerners' call bellydance.
                  Seshat's self-help guide:
                  1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                  2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                  3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                  4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Went into a chiropractor today as over the weekend we were at a UK convention and my back was so painful after a few hours and I realised I could feel my spine a lot more.

He was telling me that I should have been in months ago and was surprised I wasn't really expressing huge paid from the adjustments (neck each direction = 2 dozen clicks or so... ouch!). He's expecting that it will be a few months of weekly treatments.

Feeling much better but expecting to be feeling crap tonight.
                    I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Working...
                    X