X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What exactly is a "cat butt face"...

and what does it look like??

I mean, I read that on here a lot, and I think I kinda, sorta know what it is, but my wife asked me the other day, and I didn't have a good answer for her.

And why a cat butt? Why not a dog butt?

Just asking...
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

^_^

It basically refers to someone making an unpleasant face as a way to express displeasure (often at not being treated as a diety-on-Earth).

Picture someone scrunching their lips together like they just ate a whole lemon all at once, then combine that with an angry/mean face in general. The net effect resembles the common depiction of a cat's...*ahem*...asterisk-shaped butt-hole, shall we say
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
      And why a cat butt? Why not a dog butt?
      Because cats are whiny creatures and dogs aren't.
      "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

GD - You obviously haven't met my dog >_> Big husky. Never barks. Can whine with the best of 'em
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

People never, ever know what I mean by it, but the first time I read it here I understood immediately, and because it's true.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

More traditionally, it can be described as "pursed lips".

Comment

I know what we actually mean by it, but that phrase always makes me think of this gif:

"If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

Go rattle a cage with a skunk in it. Sniff the result..the face you make...that is a cat butt face.. or at least in my mind.
                Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Working...
                X