Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do have to say, that's a bit of a disaster area, but it's not a biohazard. Grandma was way overreacting. Still, if you're financially dependent on your family you may want to look at it this way: keeping Grandma happy is your job. It sucks, but you don't want to burn that bridge and you really don't want to get fired... so to speak.

Comment

It sounds like the best thing to do for the sake of mutual family sanity is to bear with it for now, and walk away when you can. As for Grandma...well, it's easy to criticise when you don't have to do the "suggested" work/fixes yourself.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

That doesn't look that bad. I've seen way, way worse. Some people just have an obsessive thing going on with cleaning & decluttering. I know someone who can't stand to see the newspaper (neatly folded up) left laying on the coffee table; he has to toss it in the recycling bin immediately after reading it. He once threw away the cap for a spice bottle as his wife was using the spice at the stove. She's as bad; she had to throw away a newspaper clipping that was lying on the (otherwise bare) counter because "I can't stand clutter."
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

My maternal grandmother was a SAHM; she kept her house so clean you could go to the darkest, most remote corner of the basement, and eat off the floor. I'd love to have a house like that ... provided somebody else was doing the work.

Comment

Working...
          X