This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jester View Post
    No, the difference is that I'm a freakin' IDIOT.

The drink I described is, in fact, the Dark & Stormy, not the Painkiller. Both are served over ice, and both use rum, but that is where the similarities end.

The Painkiller, as I know it, is rum (preferably Pusser's British Navy Rum), cream of coconut, orange juice, and pineapple juice, and garnished with ground nutmeg on top.

You would think after making both drinks for this many years, I would know the difference between the two. Which is why, of course, I'm a freakin' idiot.
    That does sound more like Teddy's drink, although he would still insist there was some secret ingredient or trick he was doing that he refused to tell anyone or share with the other bartenders. Patrons would come in and be a little disappointed if Ted wasn't working to make them a Painkiller, and the other staff would scoff and say that he took the recipe off some website. Yet no one could make it quite like he did. I should ask next time I see him, he quit the bar ages ago and basically gave the owners the figurative middle finger. They closed down to lack of business not too long after.

Damn, this thread has me wishing I could get Teddy to make me a drink. Last few times I hung out with him, he didn't drink at all and it was just me, his boyfriend, and Needy randomly and sloppily pouring LTD or Southern Comfort into diet Coke until we could hardly stand up.
    The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

LTD? I must have missed something. What is LTD?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
        Long Term Disability?
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/fleisch...prod4570184.ip

Canadian whiskey. It's my friend Biscuit's go to drink. He'll get Jack Daniels for special occasions or accept it as a gift, but LTD is cheap, kinda like him, so it's a match made in heaven.
          Last edited by ShinyGreenApple; 06-29-2013, 08:39 PM.
          The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

Quoth ShinyGreenApple View Post
            randomly and sloppily pouring LTD or Southern Comfort into diet Coke
            Quoth Jester View Post
            Quoth dalesys View Post
            Long Term Disability?
            In this context, probably not, and it's also unlikely to be a used Ford either (the Crown Victoria, which was discontinued earlier this year, was originally the "LTD Crown Victoria"). Just be glad he wasn't putting (what someone might think meant) Short Term Disability into the Diet Coke.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
              What does he do? I ask so that I can make sure I never, ever, EVER, apply for such a position.
              He is a conductor on the railway and as such is a safety critical person so you need to be unimpaired at all times. I.e. he will have to get out of the train assist at point of incident ie if the overhead wires (which are live) have come down and they need someone to inspect the rails to see what they can do, yes he has done this.

Also you deal with people who can't/won't/drunk of their skull and won't pay, aggressive people and racegoers (been drinking on the way to the track, drink all the time they are watching the horses and then drink after the races have finished and catch the last train home...) he says they are much worse then football (Soccer to you US peeps ) fans.
              Final Fantasy XIV - Acorna Starfall - Ragnarok (EU Legacy)

Comment

Working...
              X