Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wolfie, I have actually rented from them before, and we never had trouble. I put a 2" ball into the tow socket. They did cross the backup chains, but one of them came loose. I am familiar with the break away cable, since I have helped my dad hook up their travel trailer. If you think a runaway small rental trailer is bad, try a large runaway travel trailer.

However, I will admit that I didn't check behind them.
    This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

An adjuster by big orange called my mother. My mother thought she was extremely rude. The store manager went on vacation. The adjuster decided that big orange shouldn't have to pay since the repairs would cost more than $2,000.

Apparently, big orange doesn't believe that this kind of behavior promotes loyalty ... to their competition.

Comment

That's just corporate speak for "My boss wants me to try and make you go away.." You counter that by threatening to lawyer up or lawyering up and then asking for money for the stress, suffering and the downtime in which you could not use your vehicle. They want to pay as little as possible, or blame you. If they come off as assholes, they have saved $$ There may be a rider, limiting responsibility, buried in the fine print. NAL, but gross negligence and equipment failure on their part has been successfully argued to negate liability riders time and time again.
        You hold power over me and abuse it. I do not like it, and say so. Suddenly I am a problem.. FIND. A. MIRROR!

Comment

After three weeks, it seems that big orange will pay for the entire repair bill and the cost of towing minus $4. My mother can't wait to get the truck back so she can finally sell it.

Comment

Good news indeed.

Comment

any reason for the $4? sure, it's likely not to be worth pushing any further, but...

Comment

Quoth sstabeler View Post
                any reason for the $4?
                They initially refused to reimburse her for the towing fee. Thankfully, someone saw the logic of me not driving a potentially dangerous truck. Now, we wait for the body shop to fix the truck.

Comment

Good news, my mom finally got the truck back. The body shop did a great job fixing the truck and even clean the outside.

Comment

Working...
                  X