X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mind Over Matter

Dad told me this one tonight.

He was in the grocery store a few days ago. He was carrying two items (he didn't say what) and got in line for the cash registers. A woman with a half-full cart got in line behind him and was already making annoyed noises.

Dad approached the cashier, set his two items down, and asked for some dry ice (he makes his own root beer with it). The woman behind him groaned audibly. The cashier smiled and called for the dry ice, which a bagger immediately went to retrieve.

The woman spoke up.
    SC: Ugh! I'm in a hurry.
    Dad: I'm sure it won't take long.
    SC: I've already waited in line, and now I have to wait EVEN LONGER for you to get ICE?! How dare you. Don't you think that's horribly inconsiderate?
    Dad: Mind over matter.
    SC: Wh-- What?
    Dad: Mind over matter.
    SC: What the is that supposed to mean?
    Dad: I don't mind... because you don't matter.

According to Dad, the SC sputtered for a few moments, then moved angrily to another line.
    I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
    - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
    - IPF

I get the feeling that your dad and mine must be twins, separated at birth...
    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

that was bloody brilliant. im gonna try and remember that

Comment

my dad used to use that line too

Comment

Genius, sheer genius.
          Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

I'm cloning your dad lol. This is awesome.
            If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

Love it! I'll bet she fumed all the way home! And of course since your dad was another customer there wasn't a bloody thing she could do about it.

Comment

I'm sorry, I think I just developed a wild crash on your dad. I hope that's not too weird? He really does rock.
                "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
                  Love it! I'll bet she fumed all the way home! And of course since your dad was another customer there wasn't a bloody thing she could do about it.
                  There were plenty of things she could do about it, actually.

But nobody would mind them, because she doesn't matter.
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Brilliant!

What a twat. "Inconsiderate"? For another customer to request an item that he wanted to buy? She's nuts.

Notice how these people who are "in a hurry" always manage to cram a cart full to overflowing? It's going to take a while to unload all that crap, so if you don't have time to wait, you don't have time to shop!
                    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I'd bet my next paycheck she's one of those cows who decides it's appropriate to go to the grocery store 20 minutes before her kids are due to be picked up from school, loads up a cart of $200+ stuff, then has approximately 5 minutes left by the time she gets to the checkout....
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                      X