This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Makes me really worry about the rest of our security

So today I found out that it was one of our general security guys at the outdoor mall I work at that was the one who did this.
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/m...0#.UcgACpwtxi0

I'm still mystified over why you'd get that much ammo but no guns. Thankfully it was not our regular pair who check in every other day.
    Tell a man there are 300 Billion stars in the universe and he’ll believe you.
    Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he’ll have to touch to be sure.
    -Unknown Author

I don't see where the ammo was mentioned. Just that he rigged the jeep to crash and planned on spray-painting a Gadsden snake on the Eisenhower building. Am I missing something?

Comment

Same here, no ammo mentioned. As for having some but no gun, I had plenty for my SCAR before I bought it because that caliber is hard to find right now.

*edit*

Here is an article that mentions him having 200 round of ammo (not a lot). The eight knives are a bit excessive though.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...tical-graffiti
      Last edited by kpzra; 06-24-2013, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Quoth kpzra View Post

Here is an article that mentions him having 200 round of ammo (not a lot). The eight knives are a bit excessive though.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...tical-graffiti
        Yeah I agree that's not really a lot. Although after thinking about it, I'm kinda not surprised that he didn't have the gun with him. If he had, it could have been an extra charge on him since DC laws are very strict about firearm transportation - neither can be easily accessible and neither can be stored in the same container.

Comment

200 rounds is a lot when you are breaking into the White House.

Comment

Quoth Teskeria View Post
            200 rounds is a lot when you are breaking into the White House.
            Add a few zeros and that's what I bring to the range on an average day (we reload). 200 to go against heavily armed Secret Service (I've dealt with them before)? Not at all, that's a light load. Heck, I have more in my closet than that, one brick of .45 alone is 250 rounds.

Comment

ah, ok then. I'm much better with martial weapons, only time I'm around guns is when I hang out with my friends from the army, so I'm really not sure what's normal for civilians to have.
              Tell a man there are 300 Billion stars in the universe and he’ll believe you.
              Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he’ll have to touch to be sure.
              -Unknown Author

Comment

Working...
              X