Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you tried ice wine? The ones I have sampled in the past were incredibly sweet.
    The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Cider, like red wine, has tannin. It's a preservative chemical found on fruit skin, and frequently is the cause of the much-maligned "bitter" flavour. The bitterness in beer is down to the hops - i can't remember the specific compound, but I believe it's the same one found in wormwood and other herbs (including those used in flavouring gin, which is why Jester made the comment about the Aviation).

In sweeter wines and ciders, as well as lambics, the sugar helps balance the bitterness. It's one of the reasons sweetened drinks are so popular amongst novice drinkers. You can choose to avoid bitterness entirely, but alcohol is like food; the more you try, the more your palate stretches, and the more you end up enjoying.

And I still haven't gotten the name of that creme de cacao.

Comment

Finally got the name of that Creme de Cacao. It's from Tempis Fugit. Gorgeous bottle. Would look great on anyone's home bar.

Comment

Trying various options. I want something I really like the taste of. Because to be honest, I don't get a kick from alcohol. The first time I try a new type (like totally new, not just a new use of a kind I tried before) I feel a little dizzy. just a bit. But within a few minutes I am normal again. And my body metabolizes alcohol pretty fast. I've had times where I have had 3 strong drinks (like 3 strong kamakizes <bar made them with lemon not lime, and half vodka not 1/3rd> within a 30 minute period in a 5'5" 124 lb female) and 30 minutes after having the 3rd, I tested totally sober on the breath analyzer. And yes it was working. the cop checked...

Comment

I normaly don't like chocolate flavored wines, but I recently found (in a grocery outlet no less) a chocolate wine that I thought was delicious - I tried the red one, but there are others that may be more sweet:

http://chocolateshopwine.com/wines

It is a little spendy ($12-14 a bottle), at least in comparison to price ranges in this state anyways, but well worth it IMO.

White rum and fruit juice (POG is best) is a great recommendation. Rum is stupid expensive here, but price wise Cruzan (about $17 incl. tax) is a much better choice than Malibu ($25 + tax). The unflavored Cruzan is slightly too sweet for me, and even unflavored tastes a little "coconutty".
            If you can affored it (again, WA prices) - I'm a big fan of Sailor Jerrys if you want a spiced rum with fruit juice.

Comment

If you can find Kilo Kai spiced rum, in my opinion it is far tastier than Sailor Jerry's. Cheaper, too.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

The up side of the change in the law is that I can ask to see if it can be ordered - so I'll ask to see if my fave shop can get it through their local distributor.* Thanks!

*Most places are still sticking to what the state was already stocking / ordering.

(maybe I'll ask for Bounty too!)

Comment

Working...
                X