This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to rant.

I have been annoyed since I left work earlier at how stupid the process for worker's comp is. If I had just called my boss to get sent out overnight, I would've been sent right to the ER to be dealt with. Instead, I waiting until the morning since they needed help, and I got to go to Urgent Care to sit for almost 3 hours, before getting a non-committal "I dunno" and sent...to the fucking ER!

And now, since I've hit Urgent Care, my work status is "no activity" until this cluster fuck is over, so I have to jump my way through the three-ring circus of incompetence when I should be asleep. This would be annoying on its own, but I am now both tired as hell (been up about 19 hours) and HUNGRY (haven't eaten since 2am, it is now Noon). Your crazy Uncle Khiras is getting a bit more foul tempered than he usually is, and your crazy Uncle Khiras is a bit of a dick on the best of days.

Could someone just save me the time and head over here just to murder me, and get it over with? At the very least, a sucking chest wound would probably get my wait time at the ER cut down to a paltry 2 hours, instead of the 20 hour wait I'm probably destined to have...
    "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
    "What IS fun to fight through?"
    "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

That's the fun of ER: unless you are carried in, leaving a blood trail, you are unfortunately in the lineup until staff can get to you. I walked into the ER once of my own accord and was there for a good 90 minutes -- was fine by me as I had no energy to go anywhere else (and the only "anywhere else" I was supposed to go to was back to work anyway).

I won't offer to come murder you but will hope you get a short wait in ER and are over whatever it is that you have equally quickly.

Comment

Took about 2 hours to get a room, then another 40 minutes or so to even get blood drawn. Next come scans to confirm a hernia, plus a close look at my appendix for good measure. I don't blame the ER, really, I understand them being busy...but fuck I'd rather be asleep and healthy.

I'm admittedly antsy...I dislike hospitals to begin with. They're too sterile, and the few things they try to do to put people at ease have the opposite effect on me for some reason. I brought a backpack full of things to do (I get bored easily) and my fiancee will drop by later, but it doesn't make this suck less. Sigh.
      "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
      "What IS fun to fight through?"
      "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Working...
      X