This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• probably a self-sighting

My bathroom plumbing had issues and something needed to be done to the pipe in the wall, as apt manager guy--we'll call him Harry--discovered yesterday. He's an older man, and nice, but kind of bumbling sometimes. He's basically harmless, but has made a couple of comments that tell me he has a crush on me, which is kind of creepy. He was visibly trying not to look at me that way yesterday. So he's making some sort of an effort to be decent, at least.

He had said yesterday that the plumber would be here in the afternoon, so I gave permission for them to come in. I knew I'd be home. I had a late night, which I normally do, and awoke to knocking this morning. I don't feel well, either. I wish I'd told them to call first. I was in bed, not decent, and had to scramble to grab a sweatshirt because they came in. They were cautious, and calling my name, but still. So I was walking around in my pjs, having just woken up, and my contacts were not in and I was blind and I was irritated.
    Then Harry makes some comment about my pigtails (Why do people call them that?? Pigs don't have 6-inch braided tails....sorry, that in and of itself annoys me, lol). He must've thought they were cute, as most guys do for some reason, but honestly, at that point did I need any kind of comment about my appearance? From him? It annoyed me.

Next, I see Harry with me shower doors, intending to take them out to the porch storage. OK, we had talked about taking them off, but I wasn't planning on it today. I don't have a curtain liner. I haven't figured out what to do with the stuff hanging on the door rails. So I see him drag it into the living room, then try to fumble with the defective blind with one hand, then bend my TV antenna trying to get it out of the way of the door handle. Really? I didn't ask him to do this. He said he'd go get a curtain liner, so who knows when he'll be back up here. All I wanna do is go back to bed, as I don't feel well, but I'm waiting for him and typing this to you people. *sigh*

I know, I should schedule this stuff, because otherwise he takes over.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

You realize, of course, that now I'm imagining him as some bumbling doofus, like, oh, I don't know... a Chevy Chase character, or something. Stumbling around, wrecking your place.
    "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
    --StanFlouride

Comment

Imagine that character at 60 years old, and you have it. He's a nice guy, but I didn't need this today.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Oh, so, Mr. Furley, eh? Gotcha.
        "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
        --StanFlouride

Comment

Oh yes I love this. In the shower maintenance beating on the door 'we need to open the door to paint or lay carpet' and I am in a towel shouting through the door can I have half an hour and he says 'no five minutes'. And I pay for this crap too!
          ''Sugar cane and coffee cups, copper, steel, and cattle. An annotated history the forest for the fire. Where we propagate confusion primitive and wild. Welcome to the occupation''

Comment

Working...
          X