This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've joined the land of the employed

I was on here a while ago, posted like three stories, and disappeared. Sorry!

However, I do have a bit of news to celebrate; I have an official job now! (depending on your definition of 'job') I wash dishes at a restaurant on the weekends, which is so glamorous, right? Well, the cash in my wallet is, anyways.

So now on top of doing routine and frequent yardsales, we go to the flea market every saturday, and I wash dishes at a restaurant, and I'm putting in an application at a grocery store chain opening up in our town. Keep your fingers crossed for me on that last one, please!

Yay! You're back! Good luck with the job!
    Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

Nice work safire. And good luck w/ the grocery - getting in on the ground floor of a new place is almost always a good move.

Comment

Quoth Eevie View Post
        Yay! You're back! Good luck with the job!
        *bows* at your service!

Quoth sms001 View Post
        .. getting in on the ground floor of a new place is almost always a good move.
        That's what I'm hoping!

Comment

So how is the job going? I'm trying to apply to the local craft store, but their website has nowhere to apply! And that's where all the employees tell me to go! Gah!
          Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

It's easier to find work when you are working! Congrats on the new job!
            ''Sugar cane and coffee cups, copper, steel, and cattle. An annotated history the forest for the fire. Where we propagate confusion primitive and wild. Welcome to the occupation''

Comment

Quoth Eevie View Post
              ... their website has nowhere to apply! And that's where all the employees tell me to go! Gah!
              That's a lot like the local grocery store around here, everytime I'd go to the website they told me to go to, it had nowhere to apply, and everytime I'd go back to the store, they'd send me to the website! It drove me crazy

As for the current job, I love it! The people, the actual work, it's all awesome. Plus being in the back the whole time=no SC's They did give me an extra $7.25 on this last paycheck (which is how much I make per hour, so they must have just wrote me down for an extra hour) so I'm gonna have to give that back when we reopen (closed for the fourth.) I was so confused when I counted my money

Thanks RL!

Comment

Working...
              X