This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some People Are Just Lucky I Don't Know Where They Live

This man was irate when he got to me. I am honestly bewildered that there are people in this world who are so dumb that they get angry about shit that doesn't exist and wouldn't matter to them if it did ANYWAY.

SC: You have five hundred dollar lottery tickets?
    Me: The [ticket with 500 in its name]???
    SC: *getting more angry* The 500 dollar ticket!
    Me: Um, I'm not sure what you mean. The five dollar ticket called ["500 _____"]?
    SC: IT'S FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS.
    Me: It's five dollars.
    SC: *He jams his finger at the picture and he's yelling now.* IT SAYS FIVE HUNDRED RIIIIIIIIGHT HEEEEEEEERRRREEEEE.

I should note that right about now my face is portraying the classic "you're the dumbest person alive" expression and what is on the tip of my tongue is: "WERE YOU DROPPED AS A CHILD?" Here is what I actually said:

Me: Yes. It is possible to win five hundred dollars on a five dollar ticket, sir.
    SC: NOOOOOOOO.........
    Me: .....................sir......
    SC: .......oh there's a little five dollar sign right at the corner.
    Me: Yes. The most you could pay for a scratch ticket here is twenty dollars. But she has to ring up the lottery purchases if you'd like one.
    SC: No. I don't want one. I don't play the lottery.
    Me:

Woman comes up.

SC: I want XX on pump YY.
    Me: Do you have [company card]?
    SC: She does.
    Me: Who does? Is it with you?
    SC: She has it at the PUMP.
    Me: I need to scan it in here if you're going to prepay.
    SC: FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST. *stomps out like a child*

SC: Here. *rips out a check to pay for his purchase*
    Me: Could you fill out your signature and the price?
    SC: *snotty* I'm gonna get it back from your machine, why should I do that?
    Me: Corporate actually wants you to fill out the whole thing. I'm doing you a favor by not being a sadist.
    SC: UGH. *fills it out*

Me: Your total will be X.XX, do you have a--
    SC: NO. HOW MUCH?
    Me: .............................*starts bagging his shit.*
    SC: HOW MUCH?
    Me: *points to screen*

You interrupt me you get no more. You can figure your shit out by yourself OBVIOUSLY.

In the women's room:

SC: Oh good, you're mopping anyway. I just peed on the floor.
    Me: .....uh. Right...

Cups.

SC: I got this kind of cup but there are no lids for it.
    Me: *hands her a lid for that size cup.*
    SC: I tried that one, it doesn't fit.

She had a bigger cup size than she'd pointed to. Congrats on your stupidity, is it a boy or a girl?

I broke two fifties today with nothing but fives and ones. Mostly ones. 48 was the first and 47 was the second. Man it feels good to be the devil.

Three kids came in and ordered three specialty drinks. CW made them. Kids walked out without ever showing me the slip or picking up the drinks that were made. I bought one, CW bought another and a managed to sell the last to a regular who didn't know we made them and thinks they're pretty damn bangin' now. Success. But really. Some people's kids. For serious.

Quoth Gaki View Post
    [B]
    Congrats on your stupidity, is it a boy or a girl?
    1) can I steal this line for my sig?
    2) I believe the response to this question is "Well I think it's a little early to start assigning gender roles to it"
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Gaki View Post
      Cups.

SC: I got this kind of cup but there are no lids for it.
      Me: *hands her a lid for that size cup.*
      SC: I tried that one, it doesn't fit.

She had a bigger cup size than she'd pointed to.
      So she was pointing to the wrong place on the "rack"? I'm surprised Sheldon didn't pick up on this one.

Quoth Gaki View Post
      I broke two fifties today with nothing but fives and ones. Mostly ones. 48 was the first and 47 was the second. Man it feels good to be the devil.
      Just curious, but how would you break a $50 using fins and singles, with either 47 or 48 singles? I could understand 40 singles (and 2 fins), or 45 singles (and one fin).
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

wolfie, I think Gaki meant the total change given back was 47 and 48. Either of those could be done with fives and ones. Gaki... What is in the water where you work to make people that batshit insane? Just curious. Also, I loved the stupidity boy or girl thing, too!
        "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
          1) can I steal this line for my sig?
          INDEED, GOOD FRIEND. You may utilize all you wish.

Comment

Quoth Gaki View Post
            This man was irate when he got to me. I am honestly bewildered that there are people in this world who are so dumb that they get angry about shit that doesn't exist and wouldn't matter to them if it did ANYWAY.
            People flip their lids over the most asinine reasons. Seriously, what's the point? You make yourself look like a brainless lunatic, embarrass everyone who's with you, screw up your blood pressure, raise your stress level, possibly give yourself an aneurysm or heart attack...for what purpose? Pick your battles. Save your rage for what's important and don't freak out over trivial nonsense. You'll be loads happier and more pleasant to be around.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
              wolfie, I think Gaki meant the total change given back was 47 and 48. Either of those could be done with fives and ones. Gaki... What is in the water where you work to make people that batshit insane? Just curious. Also, I loved the stupidity boy or girl thing, too!
              That is in fact what I meant. That I was giving back 48 and 47 dollars in change from purchases.

As for what is in the water, goodness knows I actually wouldn't know, I live in the county over from where I work and there's a river between them. But a lot of the people we get who are real winners are from the state to the south of us. Like...who admits to peeing on the floor? I mean...what. Just...tell me that there's pee on the floor. I'm going to assume that it wasn't you...

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                People flip their lids over the most asinine reasons. Seriously, what's the point? You make yourself look like a brainless lunatic, embarrass everyone who's with you, screw up your blood pressure, raise your stress level, possibly give yourself an aneurysm or heart attack...for what purpose? Pick your battles. Save your rage for what's important and don't freak out over trivial nonsense. You'll be loads happier and more pleasant to be around.
                QFT. I once had a guy rant and yell at me for 10 minutes when I worked at a grocery store because it was snowing....in Alaska....in December. No shit Sherlock, it does that here. So sorry if it scares you but you are Native, you were born here or in a village where it snows more.

Comment

Quoth kpzra View Post
                  QFT. I once had a guy rant and yell at me for 10 minutes when I worked at a grocery store because it was snowing....in Alaska....in December.
                  And what the heck were you supposed to do about the weather?! Last time I checked, God does not work in a grocery store.
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth kpzra View Post
                    QFT. I once had a guy rant and yell at me for 10 minutes when I worked at a grocery store because it was snowing....in Alaska....in December. No shit Sherlock, it does that here. So sorry if it scares you but you are Native, you were born here or in a village where it snows more.
                    I think he was born in a village........and they're currently missing their idiot. People frakkin' kill me.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                      screw up your blood pressure, raise your stress level, possibly give yourself an aneurysm or heart attack...for what purpose? Pick your battles.
                      Having seen this and been around people like this on a personal level, I can say, the reason is that some folks BELIEVE that being RIGHT is the most GOSH DARN IMPORTANT thing in the world! Even when they're NOT! It's the SYSTEM that's screw'd up! NOT THEM BY GOLLY! If they're wrong about a lotto ticket, then they could also have been wrong about their other bad choices, the debt they got into, the wasted time, the opportunities they threw away because they weren't good enough.... nope, not their fault, the WORLD is out to get them, and HERE'S ANOTHER PERFECT EXAMPLE!!!!! It's 500! not 5! SEE? SEE!? SEE WHAT I HAVE TO DEAL WITH?!?

Once you've seen it, you no longer wonder why the obituary page lists people who drop dead from heart attacks at 43....
                      - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X