This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Need to Learn Some Manners

Yesterday, I rang up a customer, we both bagged, she paid, and I thanked her. She also said "thank you" and told me that I needed to learn some manners.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

Maybe she was talking to herself, people do that a lot.
    "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

Comment

What?? People are weird. One day some lady was sooo concerned about the wet hem of my shirt that she was holding up the line. I told her I'd been doing dishes, but she just couldn't get past it. People are weird.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Weird doesn't even begin to explain it.

I remember a co-worker who asked a customer for their name and the customer's response was, "Well, there's no need to be rude!" How the hell, "May I please have your name?" translates to "rude," I have no idea...
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I get this all the time

Why did I get towed?
          You didn't have a permit for that lot
          Well, you DON'T HAVE TO BE RUDE!!!!

Occasionally, if I'm in the mood, I'll ask exactly how I'm being rude, they never have a good answer. Or any answer in fact, they mostly just remind me again that I shouldn't be so rude....

I think some people live in such a cocoon of self absorbing importance, anything that punctures the illusion is an affront to them, hence, rude.
          - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Its customers, don't look for logic or common sense If its bad manners to say "thank you" or "have a nice day", I'd very much like to see what this lady thinks passes for good manners.
            When I worked at the movie theatre, I had an elderly couple come up to the concession stand, nothing unusual about them and they were not picky. I got them all their food and was nice and polite like I usually am, and then the old man says I had a bad attitude and my customer service skills sucked. I hadn't done anything wrong either.
            Last edited by BowserKoopa1; 07-02-2013, 04:04 PM.

Comment

See, I almost always get the opposite... old ladies coo over me (yes, I'm short, I know) and tell me what a wonderful job my mother did raising me. The tourists are the worst (American tourists mostly, because 99% of them think they're Irish and ask if I know X or Y because they're Irish too. Um, X lives in Mullingar and Y lives in Cork, while I'm in Belfast... we don't have an all-Ireland mailing list or anything.) They also tend to act like we're close family just because I'm Irish and they had some great-great-great-great grandfather whose mate once drank with a guy who may have been an Irishman once. I've come to dread the phrase "oh HONEY, I just LOVE your accent..."

Eh, my American friends are just as bad. Whenever I'm over there they wind up asking me to swear because "it's so cute when she does it!"
              "Asking an Irish girl to tone it down a notch is about the same as asking a wolf to leave the sheep alone. Good luck with that. " - Jester, about me

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
                Occasionally, if I'm in the mood, I'll ask exactly how I'm being rude
                Of course you're being rude. You're enforcing a law they they don't think they should have to follow. QED.

"For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Why did I get towed?
                  You didn't have a permit for that lot
                  Well, you DON'T HAVE TO BE RUDE!!!!
                  "I tow cars for a living. I'm not paid to be nice."
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I think some people live in such a cocoon of self absorbing importance, anything that punctures the illusion is an affront to them, hence, rude.
                    Like the hag that called me "rude" today....after I yelled at her for almost running me over when she started to back out without looking....
                    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

A good response: Perhaps so, but obviously NOT from YOU.

Comment

Working...
                      X