X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip to the ER

or How I Gave Up and Hated My Friday

Last Friday was not kind to me. In the morning, I hit a severe low in my depression. It was bad enough that when I went to work, one of the managers asked how I was. My response was bad enough that they immediately ended my day and shipped me off to the ER.

I swear. I was sent to the ER because they thought my depression was so bad, I would do something to myself if I didn't have medical help.

Have I mentioned I love my job?

Anyway, the ER finds that I am needing help but I'm not a suicide risk. Well, not immediate, any way. They gave me directions to a nice walk-in clinic with a good reputation.

Fast forward to today where my company says they require a doctor's note indicating I'm fit to work.

I should be angry or resentful. I know that corporate is covering its ass but everyone there has been so upfront with me, I can't bring myself to hate them.

Instead, I'm just frakking scared of losing this job. It's more than just the thought of losing the money (there's not a lot there anyway). It's that the thought that I'm going to fail again.

So I'm calling a doctor I used to go to around here. He's gone for the week. The best I can do is a PA tomorrow. Even then, I just started insurance today but my details may not be there yet. And until I have that note, I can't work.

I've never hated a Friday before.
    I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

First off, it sounds like you are doing better and I am glad to hear that.

Can you go back to the walk in clinic for the letter?
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Possibly. They mentioned needing a note from my primary care physician but I thought they wanted the doctor with access to all of my records. I'll check tomorrow if the appointment falls through.
      I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Since they're being so upfront with you, maybe you should be upfront with them. Get a note from the walk in clinic, tell them that your primary care physician is currently out of town and that you'll see him once he's back but for now the walk in says it's ok. They'll probably respect that, seeing as you put in the effort and were honest about it.

Comment

when they say 'primary care physician', they might just mean an official fulltime doctor, not some part-time temp/nurse, i.e. someone with enough clout to get the HR department happy. Good luck.

Comment

Any physician will do. Your PCP or the clinic doc you saw can write it for you. Your job won't care as long as it's from a doctor.
            They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
            X