This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disgusting mess at the Corral

Ugh. Witnessed a disgusting sight at the Corral of the Gold buffet last night.

We get in, pay for our meals, and head to the dining room to find a table. It was fairly crowded, we found one large enough and clean. As we sat down, a large group got up and left . . . and left an ungodly mess behind.

Their group was about six or seven people. They had at least 20 plates on the table . . . most of which were filled with food that had been barely touched. There was stuff all over the table. It looked like a veritable herd of pigs had wandered in.

There was one waitress for the area trying to clean it all up. But every time she starts to make some progress, some EW interrupts wanting this that or the other (the attitudes of the customers was very EW in how they asked her for things).

The original customers did not leave her a tip.

Evil Empryss and I felt really bad. We both gave good tips, more than we would normally, and we gave it to her personally to make sure another waitress who moved into the area or a suckstomer did not lift it from her.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

What is it with buffets... they seem to bring out the worst in some people.
    Poor waitress, she very much deserved the good tips you gave.
    No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

That's why I love one of my local buffet restaurants. On their menu, it is printed in big bold letters: "If you leave a lot of food on your plate, you WILL be charged double on the bill!".

Granted, it may seem a bit over-board and perhaps even illegal, but it is a legal policy to run overhere, and it seems to keep the chronical hoarders at bay.
      A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

Brother and family and I went to a local family entertainment area over the weekend, which includes a buffet. We didn't eat at the buffet but I noticed a sign on the cash register in passing: "You must have a clean plate to get a second plate." Apparently they've had too many customers with eyes-bigger-than-stomachs syndrome too ...

Comment

Quoth NorthernZel View Post
          That's why I love one of my local buffet restaurants. On their menu, it is printed in big bold letters: "If you leave a lot of food on your plate, you WILL be charged double on the bill!".

Granted, it may seem a bit over-board and perhaps even illegal, but it is a legal policy to run overhere, and it seems to keep the chronical hoarders at bay.
          Not sure about legality, but for places like Golden Feedbag, etc., you pay on the way in. Kind of hard to charge after the fact.

I see the same behavior all the time at buffets. It's disgusting.
          "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Simple solution, which some people (who shall remain VERY unnammed) do...Bring a large bag/purse with you, line it will plastic wrap or freezer bags, and dump plates of food into it (esp. expensive stuff like seafood) when you think nobody is looking.
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Yeah, that's not exactly kosher....
              Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Used to be a kosher steak/burger type place on 72nd Street in Manhattan that did a buffet on Mondays. If you didn't want to eat it there, they'd give you an empty tin of specified size, and whatever you could jam in there and still get the lid on, you could take it out for the same price as the eat-in buffet (plus a free oatmeal raisin cookie, which they didn't make you put in the tin).

Unfortunately they closed the Manhattan location, and their other branches (Teaneck, Deal, Great Neck, Baltimore) don't have the buffet. I miss that.

Comment

Shalom, I'd love that place. I never, ever get my money's worth at a buffet, between not eating meat and not being able to eat much at a time.
                  "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

A lot of truck stop buffets do the same thing, as "buffet to go". You get a set of containers, each for specific food types (typically foam clamshell(s) for main table, clear clamshell for salad, bowl with lid for soup).
                    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
                      Brother and family and I went to a local family entertainment area over the weekend, which includes a buffet. We didn't eat at the buffet but I noticed a sign on the cash register in passing: "You must have a clean plate to get a second plate." Apparently they've had too many customers with eyes-bigger-than-stomachs syndrome too ...
                      What if it turns out you just don't like something?
                      Seshat's self-help guide:
                      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
                      X