This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth MadMike View Post
    Agreed. Some people are ugly on the inside, and that's the worst kind of ugly there is.
    True. And the only way to make themselves feel better is to put down others. Unfortunately that's the only way small minds work.

Screw her. She's not worth the time or effort.
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
      Screw her. She's not worth the time or effort.
      Not me! And Yeznofski won't touch her either. (He's a 6-foot Pole)
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
        Physical beauty is only skin deep
        I once met an ultrasound tech who disagrees with you there. And I, apparently, have a very pretty uterus!

More seriously:

To someone shallow, 'pretty' requires a barbie doll look. I'm sure you know the standards they set. Yet if you look at artistic representations of beautiful women over the centuries and across cultures; you'll see just how varied standards of beauty are.

I, personally, think that beauty comes out in how a person uses their body. In expressions, mannerisms, behaviours.

My grandmother, who I knew from ages 70-ish to 90-something, was and still is the most beautiful woman I have ever known: and there was no way she could ever meet the barbie doll look. Her facial wrinkles were those of someone who smiled and loved a lot, and even when she was old and in pain, her mannerisms and movements and expressions showed love and care. (just .. also pain.)

Anakah, I have no idea what you look like. But if you live beautifully, lovingly, caringly, then that is what will develop in your face as you age. If Ms Shallow remains shallow, she'll probably become a 'cat-butt-face lady' as she ages. Guess who'll be beautiful then!
        Last edited by Seshat; 07-08-2013, 10:31 PM.
        Seshat's self-help guide:
        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
          I once met an ultrasound tech who disagrees with you there. And I, apparently, have a very pretty uterus!
          I remember a doctor who used to enthuse about a couple, who he was convinced should get together because of their skeletons - Lensman books?

Comment

"I can get plastic surgery. Sadly there's no hope for people like you."

Alternatively go for the classics with a bit of G&S: "I have a left shoulder-blade that is a miracle of loveliness. People come miles to see it. My right elbow has a fascination that few can resist. It is on view Tuesdays and Fridays, on presentation of visiting card. As for my circulation, it is the largest in the world. Observe this ear. Large? Enormous! But think of its delicate internal mechanism. It is fraught with beauty! As for this tooth, it almost stands alone. Many have tried to draw it, but in vain."

I doubt you'd get through it all, but have fun trying!
            "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

I agree with the others. Don't let these shallow, self-absorbed jerks dictate your own sense of self worth.
              At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

If this happens again, just remember Jamie's stinging reply. (Ads NSFW)
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                  If this happens again, just remember Jamie's stinging reply. (Ads NSFW)
                  I love that line.
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                  X