This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over two cents

My hubby and I were out at smith's at like midnight. Now we both HATE the self check outs. Despise them. I guess they're good when you have just a few items but we had like 17 and they were bigger items and the bagging area is pretty small there. Plus we had alcohol.

So there was one cashier open. I didn't notice until after we put our items on the belt that it said: "about 15 items or less" I thought two over the limit wouldn't kill anything plus it was a ghost town.

Of course like after she started to ring us up like five people got behind us. I could tell she was getting flustered and started screaming for help. I was like dude, I get like ten people in line by myself and nobody gives a fuck about me. It wasn't like anybody was complaining. We were all quiet and nice to her.

So someone else opened a line. Crisis averted. Right?

So, we get down to how much we owe. 60.02. Well I had my work purse where I don't keep change and hubby had no change either. The lady flipped her shit over two pennies.

Cashier: How could YOU not have two pennies?? Seriously? Who doesn't have pennies!

Me: .....

I didn't realize it would kill you to give us back .98 cents.

Cashier: Ugh! Are you kidding me? (she is yelling this as she is looking in her till)

Me:

Finally she says; I guess I can cover it then!

She hands me my change while my mouth is wide open. I manage a thank you (cuz its just something that flies out of your mouth out of habit) and she storms off all crazy.

Why are we getting attacked cuz oh noes we don't have two pennies! I give change ALL day long and I never get upset if someone can't give me change so I don't have to hand out .98 plus where I work we don't have dimes.

Wow...what the heck was her problem and where did she ever get the idea that she was in any way in the right?

Comment

Please tell me you had a conversation with a manager over that attitude. She needs a little retraining.
      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
      Save the Ales!
      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Maybe it's because she had her shoes on
        And that means she can only count to 10.
        "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
          Please tell me you had a conversation with a manager over that attitude. She needs a little retraining.
          She needs a LOT of retraining, and possibly as well.

I have asked customers, "do you have change?", and if they don't, I tell them, "well, you will in a moment!" and ring them through. A temper tantrum over two cents is not merited. (Wonder if she's related to the harpy I served a few days ago...)
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Honestly.. if it had been me I would've just said, "Meh, whatever" and give you the change as if your total had been an even $60.00

Most drawers are off by roughly a dollar in either direction, sooooo.... yeah not worth the tantrum.
            My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
            It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Is it possible she was having a crazy breakdown of some sort? That's all I can think of (aside from just plain out being batshit insane) that would lead to flipping out like that. Either way, two cents? Not a big deal. At all.
              "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

I always ask if my guests have the odd change, so I can relieve them of it (I know I don't like a pocketful of coins), and replenish my drawer without having to open a roll. I NEVER (and never would) flip out on a customer like that over them not having the change.

That kind of attitude could get someone fired PDQ.

SC
                "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

I hope you went to a manager and gave him your two cents.
                  To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Working...
                  X