This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feral woman at kennel

So I decided to look for a temporary part time job for some extra cash, and I look online at the job ads. I see this ad for a temporary part time job at a kennel, basically a dog daycare service. I've worked in one a few years back, so I fill out the application online and apply. The lady emails me back and asks if I can come in for an interview on Monday and I say sure. I write back asking for the address, something I always do when going to an interview.

The lady doesn't answer me, but says could I do Tuesday instead? I say sure and ask for the address again. Come early Tuesday she still hasn't replied and didn't leave a phone number. I sigh, and look up online for the place. All I know is that it's in this big maze like nearby city that I have gotten lost in before, and I really need directions. I refuse to get lost there again. I can't even be sure of the name of the place and if there's parking, because I know that there is not too much from my last trip there. I was a little upset but not too much, since I know I could just apply somewhere else. Then my phone rings.

I say hello and the lady asks for me. I say this is me and she yells "Where are you?!"

I say after a pause that I didn't know where the place was, so I had asked her, but she had never replied to my email.

She huffs angrily and says in this really snippy tone, "Welllll, there is a THING called the internet you KNOW!!!!!!!"

I say that I was looking on the internet but still couldn't be sure of the place, trying to explain that I had gotten lost in that city before and really needed directions. IShe just scoffs and laughs sarcastically at whatever I said.

Finally, after a very awkward pause, she says nastily, "WELLLLL, since you're too stupid to find us (yes she used those exact words), we don't want to hire you anyway!" And I say well, that's just excellent with me. And I hung up QUICK.

I was mad, but I was mostly in shock. No one has ever spoken to me like that outside of work, at least not a complete stranger I've never met. I felt very sorry for the dogs that she took care of, but relieved for the bullet I just dodged. Can you imagine what type of boss she'd be? One that bites your head off for sneezing I would think. Maybe she became feral after dealing with animals all day. I wish I could describe how nasty she was. Phew.
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Personally I feel that that deserves an online review. Everywhere.
    "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

I can imagine how she deals with her customers. And I'm pretty sure there is a high turnover of employees if she behaves that way with a stranger.
      It's not the years in you life that count, it's the life in your years! - Quote from the office coffee cup.

Comment

I agree, you dodged a freight train here. Be happy, be very very happy...

Comment

Quoth KatherineB View Post
          Personally I feel that that deserves an online review. Everywhere.
          Absolutely. That attitude is beyond unprofessional. Perhaps a letter to the higher-ups would be in order, as well.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

So, Amy's Bakery now has a sideline as a kennel?
            "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
              So, Amy's Bakery now has a sideline as a kennel?
              She finally found customers that could appreciate her food. Sometimes.

Comment

Well her sons are kittens and she does speak Feline. Maybe they invite friends over?

Comment

Seriously?? Find the owner and give him/her what-for. Unless she is the owner. Then, it's review time! I'd put out some kind of craigslist warning potential applicants. She doesn't want employees, apparently.
                  "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

She's an idiot. She ignored your question, didn't provide complete contact info, then ignored your second email. And that was before turning into a snarky twat on the phone. Completely unprofessional. Want to bet her business goes under really fast? With that attitude, I can't imagine anyone using her service more than once. And it's no wonder she was looking for help, probably can't keep employees more than a week at a time.
                    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I wonder if it was the same kennel as in this story?

http://unfiltered.notalwaysworking.c...terview-with-a

Comment

Quoth lilo View Post
                        I wonder if it was the same kennel as in this story?

http://unfiltered.notalwaysworking.c...terview-with-a
                        I almost hope it is; the kennel in the story closed. Sociopathic s like that deserve to be jobless.

OTOH, those poor animals...
                        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                        My LiveJournal
                        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth HotelMinion View Post
                          I wish I could describe how nasty she was. Phew.
                          I'd like to take a crack at it. How about "A bigger bitch than any of the animals unfortunate enough to be in her care" ...?

What scares me is, if she treats people like that, even those who want to HELP her at her business, imagine how she treats the animals themselves o_O
                          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

what a cunt. i won't say "bitch" cos that's an insult to female dogs. they at least have manners.

this cunt however... ignores your question and when she realizes her mistake she treats you like shit over it? fuck her.

and... i now worry about any dog left in her care. if she's that vicious just cos her ego is a bit sore, i'd hate to see how she treats animals.

Comment

I hope you went out and played the lottery, 'cause you just got LUCKY on that one...
                              "Announcing your intentions is a good way to hear God laugh." Al Swearingen (Deadwood)

Comment

Working...
                              X