This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy way to get rid of lots of files?

I have a laptop that was my primary computer for a few years that has become solely my iTunes library. How can I get rid of everything but iTunes and whatever it needs to run?

Can it be done?

/not a techie
    What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

You can go through and uninstall everything that was installed and then go through and remove the leftover cruft from program files after words. Honestly, if all you want is your itunes library on the computer and nothing else, you're probably better of backing your music up and nuking windows and starting with a clean install. If anything, you should probably have your music backed up on a newer drive if the computer is already a few years old.

Comment

Quoth suburbandecay View Post
      You can go through and uninstall everything that was installed and then go through and remove the leftover cruft from program files after words. Honestly, if all you want is your itunes library on the computer and nothing else, you're probably better of backing your music up and nuking windows and starting with a clean install. If anything, you should probably have your music backed up on a newer drive if the computer is already a few years old.
      What s/he said. If all you're going to be using it for is essentially a hard drive with an interface then you might as well get rid of anything that's not needed. Back up anything you want to keep and check your laptop's documentation to do a factory reset. Then remove any preinstalled stuff you don't want, reinstall itunes (also have standard security stuff installed as well) and transfer your music back.
      I AM the evil bastard!
      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Have a look at the article below, it's a nice coverage of the basic way to clear out HDD space. Although as previously stated it might just be better to wipe and reinstall.

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/features/3828...ave-disk-space
        Not y3k compatible

Comment

Working...
        X