Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Vintage Car Owners / Lovers / Collectors Here?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Vintage Car Owners / Lovers / Collectors Here?

Are you? And if so, what have you owned?

My current collection includes:

1968 Mercury Cougar XR7. My old college ride, a basket case that I'm now trying to unload.

1975 Chevy Corvette Stingray. Weekend driver and future " flipper".

1972 Pontiac Ventura ( cousin to the Chevy Nova ) . A 1/4 mile drag car project, currently on hold.

1971 GMC Sprint ( rare GMC-badged version of the Chevy El Camino ). Purchased strictly to be a flipper.

1972 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royale convertible. My sunny-day cruiser until my other convertible is done.

1965 Buick Skylark convertible. An $800 basket case with no drivetrain that I'll be doing a frame-off resto on. A keeper, unless some wealthy collector gives me a crazy offer I can't refuse.

1977 Chevrolet Monza hatchback. A rare and unique sporty subcompact that looks like a miniature Camaro. Unique because of a factory small block V8 shoehorned into a subcompact econo-class body. Flipper.

1966 Chevrolet Biscayne two-door sedan. Rescued from a local junkyard's "death row". Currently undergoing a frame-off resto. Was originally a six cylinder / Powerglide car, going back together as a big block / 4-speed machine. KEEPER FOR LIFE!!!

Hm, my first car ever was a 1958 Nash Metropolitan. Cost me $200, sold it for $250.
    Then I had a 1973 mustang at the same time as a 1969 mg, the mg taught me to rewire pretty much anything =)
    then I had a yugo - which is actually a nationalized fiat 128. Abarth parts still fit on it
    then after a break of boring cars, I ended up with a minor collection of VWs -
    1958 beetle, 1974 not a super beetle, 64 squareback, 71 van
    and my driving cars at that time were the 79 IH scout 2 I picked up in 89 and a 79 opel 4 door 1.6 in line 4 that at the time a police buddy of ours [in 1995] said was one of 700 left registered and legal in the US, may it rust in piece.
    Since then we have driven jettas, the first new one we bought was in 96. Oh, and we recently bought a momvan, classic Grand Caravan well used, and you can tell the previous owner had kids
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I have a 1966 Plymouth Valiant Signet convertible (red with white top, red and white interior) The Mister has a 1967 Dodge Charger (ice blue with white interior).

Can't wait til nice weather so we can go to Cruise Nights.

Comment

Not mine, but I helped my dad restore a '31 Model A. Currently under the car cover in Mom's garage. Carburetor needs work, and since Dad died, nobody's driven it. I expect it will go to my sister & brother-in-law, since that's the car they drove away from their wedding in. My great uncle had a fleet of antique cars, so we're hoping to be able to buy 2 of them from my great aunt, so my other sister & I can get a car too. He's got them from the early 1900s to the mid-40s.
        That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

My neighbour has a couple of hot rods and YES he drives them. It's quite a hoot to see a bright purple hotrod (I'm not sure what make/model) trundling up the street.
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I used to own a '62 Rambler until the 3 on tree aggravated my back.(I have back issues, it just made them worse.)

Comment

I was raised to love the classic muscle. I've never owned any myself yet, but my Dad and brother have. Dad's first car was a 68 Dodge Charger R/T; he also had a 70 Charger R/T. My brother is, was, and always will be a Nova man. He's also had a Chevelle or two in his life, and his last car, which was a show car, was a blue Thunderbird somewhere in the 70s. Me? Camaros and Corvettes always catch my attention, and make me wish I had one to cruise around in. I love watching the Barrett-Jackson auctions on TV...there's always something there to catch the eye and make a person drool!
              "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

I love muscle cars. I just bought my first one last June. It's a 2013 Ford Mustang. I'm ashamed to say it's both six-cylinders AND has an automatic transmission. It's my only car though so with the amount of driving I do, an eight-cylinder (Which would also require premium gas over regular) would cost too much with gas. Also, insurance would have been too high (I was 24 at the time).

My wishlist includes a Stingray and a Shelby Cobra.
                "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

I lust after a Matra Bagheera ... a 3 seated mid-engine rally car from the early 70s. Or a 69 Abarth Scorpioni. I just like odd cars =) I have had my eye on a Jensen FF for a while...
                  EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

My father owns a 64-1/2 Mustang and 93 Mustang. Both are driveable at the moment, but aren't being driven because my parents are getting old and are having issues managing a clutch. Such a waste. The 64-1/2 was nearly destroyed years ago, but Dad put in a lot of time and money rebuilding/restoring it.

Dad nearly disowned me when I purchased a 96 Chevy Camaro. He said it served me right when I lost that car in my divorce.
                    At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Lessee.

I have two Ford Broncos, one a red '93 I got from my father, one a gray '94 I bought when the other one was in a collision and I didn't think it was repairable.

I have a 1978 Ford F800 heavy duty truck with a dump bed on it. Really need to get it running.

I also have a 1956 Kaiser-Jeep Centurion, better known as a deuce-and-a-half, which was retired from the Army. Also something I need to get running.

Comment

My "daily driver" is a '96 Elantra wagon. It's old enough to drive, and year after next it'll be OK (Ontario) to feed it ethanol-blended gas. Gets decent fuel economy, and runs great. With only around 250,000 km on it, it's just nicely broken in.
                        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Since we're talking cars, I can't mention the 1959 Radio-Flyer "station wagon" that serves as a tool cart in the garage. Or can I...

But seriously, I'm currently working on a 1970 MGB GT. Originally my uncle's car, then my dad's...and now mine. Since putting it back on the road in 2008-09, I've rebuilt the front suspension, fitted most of the interior, trim, and most of the smaller bits. Up until last September, I'd been driving the crap out of it. As I was attempting to leave for the last car show of the season...it refused to leave the garage. Seems the ignition switch broke. I've had that damn distributor off so many times, I can find top dead center and install points with my eyes closed
                          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

A friend of mine had a 65 Mustang given to her as her graduation present. She let it sit and rot in the driveway !!!! The floor was rusting. The engine didn't sound too happy!! BAH! Sacrilege.
                            Here in Seattle I don't see too many classics running around. So many more hybrids and electric cars, I don't get to smell the exhaust of a hotrod, the engine sounds...*sniffle*

But if I could, I'd get a Vette T top. Mid 70's, early 80s I think. And the Mustang. I do want an old Ford Ranger, F150? The little triangle windows hehe. I was a kid when we had that.

And with what money I'd get this, but hey. grr.
                            In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                            She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Working...
                            X