This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of those "Kind of a small world" type stories

My first delivery on my Wed. shift. Yes I was at work but no SCs or bad co-irkers, or bubble-headed mangelment

I arrive at the address in a downtrodden neighborhood. Most of the houses are rentals and not well kept up but there are enough houses that have been kept up, rehab-ed, and look nice.

I notice that the front steps are being demo'ed so I head around the side to the garage area. There is a couple there and I approach. They are glad to see me. The husband jokes about the front steps and says he just got mad at them and Hulked them. I get the joke and laugh,. He says his wife wanted the stairs to look like they did when the house was built and he is demo'ing them himself.

As we do the pizza transaction we get into a discussion about fixing up houses and such. I mention some of the things me and now deceased GF were doing and planning to do. I mentioned that because GF had gotten sick we had to put a lot of those plans on hold. I then mention the particular name of the disease and they both look at each other then at me. They explain that a friend of theirs has a friend with the same disease.

Now this disease is pretty rare and to come across someone else (so to speak) is pretty freaky.

YUP it is a small world.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."
Working...
X