X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deserted
    replied
    Quoth Food Lady View Post
    I just sanitize the light switch and door handle. Don't know what else to do.
    Get skin-safe spray-on sanitizer. Every time you see this person leave the bathroom, spray their hands.

Leave a comment:

• Food Lady
    replied
    Quoth El Pollo Guerrera View Post
    People who lick their fingers while counting money or turning a page. Even before the pandemic, it just made my skin crawl a little when someone hands me something that they just put a little saliva on...
    What's worse is not washing your hands after the bathroom. I live with someone who doesn't. I just sanitize the light switch and door handle. Don't know what else to do.

Leave a comment:

• Pixelated
    replied
    Pet peeve of the moment: Organizations that don't respond to your attempts to contact them.

I have two high school yearbooks that are in my "Get rid of" file. I haven't been in contact with anybody from my high school since, well, graduation day.

I found my high school's alumni group on Book of Faces. Sent them a PM.

No response.

I posted a question on their actual FB page.

It appears to have been deleted.

I have now sent them an email, as well as a message via the "Contact Us" link on their actual web page. The email was definitely testy, including as it did the phrase "If nobody wants these yearbooks, can somebody please just say so."

I suppose the next attempt is an actual phone call (they do have a phone number listed), and I might try that as the LAST attempt.

Those yearbooks are edging steadily towards the recycling bin. What is WRONG with these groups, that they can't even answer simple messages?

Leave a comment:

• Ironclad Alibi
    replied
    Quoth El Pollo Guerrera View Post
    People who lick their fingers while counting money or turning a page. Even before the pandemic, it just made my skin crawl a little when someone hands me something that they just put a little saliva on...

But it really pisses me off IF IT'S MY BOOK!!! I paid good money and I want to keep my stuff in good condition, I don't want your spit on it thank you very much!
    That reminds of the novel and movie The Name Of The Rose.

Highlight spoiler.

William deduces that Jorge - unable to destroy this last copy of the book - laced the pages with arsenic, assuming correctly that a reader would have to lick his fingers to turn them.

Leave a comment:

• Kit-Ginevra
    replied
    We live in an age where we are encouraged to do everything online... so why when I apply for a job does it require proof of address in the form of paper bills only?

Leave a comment:

• El Pollo Guerrera
    replied

But it really pisses me off IF IT'S MY BOOK!!! I paid good money and I want to keep my stuff in good condition, I don't want your spit on it thank you very much!

Leave a comment:

• Food Lady
    started a topic The Random Pet Peeve Thread

The Random Pet Peeve Thread

I'm living with people after almost 15 years not so yeah, stuff comes up. I figure we all need a mini-vent sometimes and this is the place for everyday annoyances.

Mine tonight: when people use hand towels/dish towels for cleaning. We have approximately 5,168,254,597,975 cleaning rags in the house. Don't use my nice towels to wipe gunk off the back of the sink or soak up water from the toilet. I know they can be washed but it bugs me.
Working...
X