Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
    Not really into teenagers either, unless they are piloting mecha.
    How about Patlabor? The movie and/or the series.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
    One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
    The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

• Found a letter in my mailbox today addressed to "Estate of [former tenant]."

Um ... I'm pretty sure that if it's dealing with his ESTATE, he's no longer in this apartment.

At least I damn well hope not.
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Quoth Pixelated View Post
        Found a letter in my mailbox today addressed to "Estate of [former tenant]."

Um ... I'm pretty sure that if it's dealing with his ESTATE, he's no longer in this apartment.

At least I damn well hope not.
        I wonder if their Last Will and Testament reads as follows:

"I name the present occupant of my former apartment to be the executor of my estate."

Most likely it was the only address they had for the deceased, may they rest in peace.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Best compliment(s) I ever got were when I read a novel to my writing group and at one point the feedback I received included "I HATE THIS", "Why?!" and a drawing of a heart with a jagged line through it. #amwriting
          https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Fuck it, I have too many problems and too damn much anxiety of my own to deal with other people's tendency to create drama out of nothing.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• There are phrases that should never be possible to use.

"Look at the air" is one of them. Air is not supposed to be VISIBLE.

Thanks to a massive wildfire a couple of hours away, my area's had hideous air "quality" for over a week now.
              "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

• Local outlets seem to be all out of the N95 masks now. I picked up a couple of paint respirators with P100 filters. They actually filter more particulates and even other stuff the N-series masks miss.

I look like a total goofball, but at least I'm keeping most of the crap out of my lungs!
                “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

• Jesus, Rhonda Rousey. It's called World Wrestling Entertainment and it is NOT entertaining watching you flail around like you're in a bar brawl. You can't even sell a solid hit, and Charlotte gave you plenty.
                  https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Finally got around to watching the Detective Pikachu movie trailer. (I have yet to actually get the game, but I plan on doing so once the trade-in price drops a bit)

The only thought I have on this: why the hell is Jigglypuff FLUFFY?!

Comment

• Aren't your jigglypuffs fluffy
                      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                        Aren't your jigglypuffs fluffy
                        but mine don't sing!

Comment

• They do if you squeeze them hard enough...well you'll sing for sure
                          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• That's not singing; that's called a fart.

Comment

• Still, I'm hoping that they don't include Castform in the film - the last I need to be pondering is whether Castform's er... "Weather balls" are smooth or not.

Comment

• Quoth morgana View Post
                                Why am I trying to eat dinner while watching reruns of "Dirty Jobs"? He's cutting up lampreys . . .
                                Someone made a comment on Facebook about "blowing up the bathroom."
                                I responded, "That'll teach me to check Facebook while eating lunch."
                                This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Working...
                                X