Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth mjr View Post
    Why are "Cease and Desist" letters sent out? Cease and desist basically both mean "stop", so it's like you're sending out a "Stop and Stop" letter...
    "Cease" means to stop what you were doing. "Desist" means don't do it again. IANAL.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
      IANAL.
      ...but you play one on TV?
      Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
      OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
      she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
      Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

• Ellen Datlow liked a tweet I made about a neighborhood cat and I might be hyperventilating right now.
        https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• I need a good eyebrow tutorial. Mine keep ending up like Mr. Bean's.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Pulled up a dead perennial from the garden & learned too late there's a fire ant nest underneath it.

Then the kindergartener blundered over in bare feet & shorts.

After we were both hosed off & smeared with Cortisone, I caught my thumb in the gate latch & tore a chunk from it.

That's enough outside for today.
            https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• How much of Greek mythology wouldn't have 'happened' if Zeus had been able to keep it in his pants?
              Cheap, fast, good. Pick two.
              They want us to read minds, I want read/write.

Comment

• Quoth Ceir View Post
                How much of Greek mythology wouldn't have 'happened' if Zeus had been able to keep it in his pants?
                Pretty sure the answer is "All of it."
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• Quoth Ceir View Post
                  How much of Greek mythology wouldn't have 'happened' if Zeus had been able to keep it in his pants?
                  Had pants/trousers even been invented yet?
                  "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

• Quoth Seanette View Post
                    Had pants/trousers even been invented yet?
                    Pants were worn by the Persians. The Greeks saw pants as barbaric.
                    This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

• Actual question: tips for long, solo car trips? I have a couple days on the road coming up, and while I have water, caffeine, and good music already lined up, it's more driving than I've ever really had to do before. One thing I know is going to suck is that I don't have cruise control.
                      Cheap, fast, good. Pick two.
                      They want us to read minds, I want read/write.

Comment

• You might want something to snack on and tissues. Plan to stop every 2-3 hours. You should also pee before you leave and pee every time you stop.
                        This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

• My days of marathon driving are done. In 2010, I drove from Chicago to Atlanta, 900 miles. Stopped twice, lunch & gas. 12 hours later, pulled in to the driveway.

Now a days, it's two hours and I stop if I need it or not. Get out. Walk around.

I tend to stock drinks and snacks. However, if I stop at a gas station, as a courtesy, I buy something.

And most importantly, if you feel tired, STOP!

Be safe,
                          Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                          Save the Ales!
                          Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

• Quoth csquared View Post
                            Now a days, it's two hours and I stop if I need it or not. Get out. Walk around.
                            Correction:Now a days it's two hours and I stop if I need it or not. Get out. Walk around. Wonder what it was I came here for in the first place. Get back in car. Drive home. On arriving in home town, have epic moment of realization. Turn car around and head back in correct direction...
                            The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• I don't get why you are concerned about me taking a walk at dusk without a flashlight (I don't have an actual torch but there's one on my phone) yet you'll leave me home alone with the door unlocked. I do take naps. I don't want to be robbed or worse while I'm sleeping. Yes, it can happen in our neighborhood.
                              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                                I HATE FIRE ANTS.

I mean I guess I could wear shoes but why should I change? They're the ones who suck.
                                Ya know, people that don't live where Fire Ants are just don't understand...heard a story once of someone who got "attacked" by fire ants on her, uh, lady bits...

Feet, legs, and hands are bad enough. I can't even imagine that...

For those unfamiliar...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_ant
                                Last edited by mjr; 03-25-2021, 02:58 PM.
                                Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Working...
                                X