Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mort Walker, Creator of Beetle Bailey, Dies at 94.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mort Walker, Creator of Beetle Bailey, Dies at 94.

Mort Walker, Creator of Beetle Bailey, Dies at 94.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

May he rest in peace.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

he was also an Alum of the University of Missouri at Columbia. One of his favorite hangout places was a place called The Shack smack in the middle of campus

Literally it was a shack with a beer bar old school pinball machines and decent food. The place started out as a Model T sandwich Truck back in the 1920's and evolved into the "run down" Shack pictured on this site
      https://muarchives.missouri.edu/beetle-four.html

After The Shack shut down and the Univ. took over the property they erected a statue of Beetle Bailey sitting at a Shack Booth
      https://muarchives.missouri.edu/beetle-two.html

The Shack died a horrible death by an unknown/undetermined origin fire in 1988. Those who got to experience it NEVER will forget THE SHACK
      The place was great and I miss it.
      Last edited by Racket_Man; 01-29-2018, 06:27 AM. Reason: added stuff
      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
      X