This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charitable Requests

Due to a large number of recent requests for people to make posts soliciting help from the members, it was decided that we would create a social group where all of these requests will now be located.

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=41

The rules are simple.

Your charity request will still require approval from the mods, so please ask before posting, as always.
    It is a moderated group, so, just in case someone forgets to ask first, your post will not show until it is approved.

The request MUST be for a charitable or social cause, and it cannot be something that will benefit the member financially.
    This is not a place to advertise your own personal home based craft business or whatever.

You may link to your Social Group post in your sig line, but there will be no "Off Topic" or "Check it Out" posting to promote or bump your cause.
    Last edited by Ree; 09-05-2009, 04:16 PM.
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Quoth Ree View Post
    You may link to your Social Group post in your sig line, but there will be no "Off Topic" or "Check it Out" posting to promote or bump your cause.
    I'd like to add:

Please don't make your sigline LOOK LIKE THIS either.

The link that Ree has in her sigline to her cake decorating group is a perfect example of a siglink.

Thanks.
    "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
    HellGate: London

Comment

I just wanted to say thank you guys for setting this up!

I need to get full details and then I'll be over there.

Thank you again!!
      Today was going to be just one of those days...you know, full of zombies.

Comment

Bumping this thread.

We only have 5 members signed up to the group.

We really should have as many as possible if it's going to work properly.

Even if people don't wish to sign up, I really hope they check the group from time to time to see who needs help.

Comment

trailerparkmedic is the latest to post a request for help for a worthy cause.

Comment

Parrothead and Eireann are the latest to post requests.

I have had a couple more join requests as well.
            It would be great to see everyone joined so everyone gets the notices of new requests.

Comment

I feel silly for asking this here, but how do I join this group?
              "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
              "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

If you go to Ree's link there is a link to "join group" in the upper right corner area of the page. I just found it myself
                https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

PepperElf has a request up.

Comment

csquared has a request in the "Charitable" group.

Check it out and see if you can help.

Comment

Bumping this one to remind everyone of the rules regarding charity requests.
                      "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

The latest request is mine.

Comment

Jester has a request.

Please check it out.

Comment

Kagato is the latest member to have a request in the Charitable Request forum.

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/g...iscussionid=85

I hope you'll check it out.

Comment

Cooper has posted a request to help a woman with vet costs for special needs bunnies.

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/g...iscussionid=86

Comment

Working...
                              X