Customers Suck!

Customers Suck! (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/index.php)
-   Site News (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Significant News (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/showthread.php?t=113541)

HawaiianShirts 01-17-2016 04:44 PM

Thanks, Raps, for giving us all this great community. I've made some friends and really enjoyed reading so many stories. And it's really been a community. We've supported each other in bad times and celebrated good times, and I don't think I've ever seen a troll here, so obviously you did something right.

Quote:

Quoth EricKei (Post 1302245)
We're looking into relaxing the cap on search results (currently 100 per search) to facilitate people getting their data; we'll let you know. In the meantime, the Advanced Search will let you restrict by date somewhat.

I would like to be able to click that "Find All Posts By..." link and actually get all posts. Don't know if that's possible, but it would be nice.

I also just want to throw out there that if we just want to keep the forum going without the rest of the site, there are free (usually banner ad supported) forum hosts available. I run two such forums at work, and I rather like the platform. If we end up going that route, I'd be willing to assist with the setup and/or moderation.

MadMike 01-17-2016 04:50 PM

Unfortunately, those free sites can't handle the amount of traffic we get here.

Trixie 01-17-2016 07:50 PM

I hope things workout somehow. I'd hate to lose this place to vent. Besides I just bought Christmas cards for this year's exchange.

Kitten in the box 01-17-2016 10:39 PM

It's been great being here, reading all the posts about customers, co-workers and random things. Ive gotten great advice. Let's hope whomever buys this domain keeps it live.

alogram 01-17-2016 11:04 PM

I remember when Raps took over. Seems crazy that I've been here that long. ��

Rapscallion 01-17-2016 11:06 PM

Quote:

Quoth alogram (Post 1302284)
I remember when Raps took over. Seems crazy that I've been here that long. ��

Me too :/

Rapscallion

Kristev 01-17-2016 11:19 PM

I'll be quite sad if this site is lost. Good luck in your future ventures, Rapscallion.

Dragon_Dreamer 01-18-2016 12:43 AM

:(

If I had the money, I would offer to take over the site. I have the skills, but not the immediate cash. :( I can only afford maybe a third of that.

I love this site, and have made so many wonderful friends. I hope someone also takes the time to save everything Plaidman posted.

Here's hoping whoever takes over will continue the forums.

Seraph 01-18-2016 12:46 AM

<floored>

...Understandable though. Long live CS, and the wonderful amount of stress relief it provided, as awell as a sounding board and advice giver. :D

prjkt 01-18-2016 12:57 AM

Quote:

Quoth smileyeagle1021 (Post 1302249)
*cough* Facebook CS Group *cough*
:angel:

Thanks for the link