Customers Suck!

Customers Suck! (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/index.php)
-   Forum games (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Shadow of Death (IC) (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/showthread.php?t=99791)

Mytical 06-25-2013 02:08 AM

Shadow of Death (IC)

It was a bright cloudless day, and Sapputiyok was running late. As xe hurried into the main square, xer senses picked up two very unusual things. On one end of the street was a powerful glow, on the other there seemed to be a 'vacuum' of some sort swallowing energy.

Moments later the 'vacuum' stopped and something xe had never seen before appears out of nowhere. ((Imagine a wolly mammoth that is about 3x the normal size and made out of bone)).

One would think such a sight would send xer people scattering to the four winds, but although they tried to get out of this things way...it was not the panicked reaction xe was expecting.

On the other end of the street the glow was getting a bit brighter. A being that stood about 6'3", had long black hair tied in a pony tail, and sunglasses on just strolled toward the huge beast on the other end.

Just as xe was about to turn down xer power because the stranger was bright, xe heard the figure saying something. "Let the storm howl and the death bell toll" clouds start gathering in from nowhere "transform me now into electra soul" The cloud darkens and it starts to rain rather heavily. "Let lightning strike and thunder roll" The sky lights up with and xe can feel the power in the storm. "For I AM ELECTRA SOUL" A huge bolt of lightning hits the figure, and the power level of the figure spikes really high. Sapputiyok has no choice but to shut off xer sensing power or be blinded.

Where the figure was is another figure. Light blue hair that has electricity flowing through it, same with the eyes. It looks like somebody had taken solid fire and fashioned some sort of breastplate out of it. The figures gauntlets look to be made of solid stone, their boots made of solid water. A 'cape' made of solid air was on the figures back.

The skeletal creature lowered its head and tried to just run over the figure. The figure skids back, slowing the creature but not stopping it. Sapputiyok heard the figure talking seemingly to itself. "Guys...hey guys..I could use some help here. This thing is a LOT bigger then we thought!" A short time passes "What do you mean that it will be thirty minutes before help arrives?! I don't HAVE thirty minutes. I can not stop this thing alone. I have a feeling that electricity is not going to stop a moving bag of bones!"

Ghel 06-25-2013 06:26 PM

Curious, Sapputiyok watched with xer eyes only as the giant bone beast pushed the lightning-coated being down the street. If this bone beast could not be stopped, it would likely destroy the whole city. But that thought was secondary to Sapputiyok's curiosity. Xe wanted to know what was going on here, and the only place those answers might be found was with the lightning-wrapped being. Determined to help him stop the beast, Sapputiyok ran towards them, watching for objects xe might be able to throw at it.

Sapputiyok hesitatingly opened xer mind to the gift again. The lightning-coated being didn't overwhelm xer sense this time, but whether that was because he was behind the bone beast or some other reason, xe would try to find out later. Sapputiyok reached out with the gift and grabbed hold of the middle of a stone column, hurling it at the bone beast. People nearby scattered. The column piece struck the beast with a loud cracking sound, sending bits of bone and stone flying. That should get its attention.

Mytical 06-25-2013 06:42 PM

The stone column seemed to surprise the figure coated in lightning, but it did much more damage to the bone creature..as stone is much stronger then bone. It slows and falters, and this gives the form a chance to regroup itself.

"Alright, so you CAN be hurt huh. Lets try this!!!" A coil of electricity surrounds his stone gloves, and rips into the things bones, further making it unstable. "Dang, I put enough juice in that to take down a whole dozen humpback whales! What is it going to take to take you DOWN?!" He can't let up to do much else as long as the creature has any forward momentum or it will just trample over him.

Ghel 06-25-2013 07:13 PM

Sapputiyok winces visibly as xe sees the lightning surround the strangerís gloves, but xe is unblinded. Seeing that the bone creature appears unstable, xe begins grabbing the thingís bones, one at a time, and flinging them away from the main creature. Xe begins with the hind legs, as they are closest, which causes the bone creature to lose traction and scramble to try to keep pushing the stranger down the street.

Mytical 06-25-2013 07:20 PM

As it loses more forward motion, the figure it is trying to push is able to put less force to just keeping it in check. Soon as more and more bones fly off, the other figure is starting to push it back. The bones flying off forces it to have less and less mass (though its shape is the same, it is getting smaller and smaller). Soon it is only about as big as the other figure. The figure stops pushing on it, and reaches their hands to the sky. "SHIELD YOUR EYES!" he yells, and a few seconds later a large lightning bolt comes from the sky shattering the rest to pieces.

The figure falls to its knees ((Turns back to human, but of course Xe doesn't know what a human is)), panting hard, obviously exhausted.

Ghel 06-25-2013 09:29 PM

Sapputiyok throws xer hands up reflexively, squeezing xer eyes shut at the same time as closing off xer sixth sense. Xe sees the bright flash through xer eyelids and hears the accompanying boom of thunder. Sapputiyok peeks between xer fingers to see shattered pieces of bone scattered around the street and the stranger on his knees at the center.

Sapputiyok glances up and down the street. A few people are righting overturned carts or sweeping broken bone off of the front steps of their shops. A small child picks up an intact bone and swings it above xer head like a club before running off down the street. Other people are walking down the street, ignoring the stranger as if he looked just like any of them. Scowling at the others' indifference, Sapputiyok turns to the stranger, hoping to find some answers.

Xe walks up to the stranger and holds out xer hands to him, palm up, in the traditional manner of greeting a member of a higher class. Xe tries not to look disgusted by the stranger's hair or pinkish skin. "I offer you greetings, you who called lightning to fell the beast made of bone. I am Sapputiyok, one of the weilders of the Gift." The stranger looks up at xer with surprise, but xe sees no recognition of xer mention of the Gift. "Once you have rested a bit, I hope you will indulge me with answers about the creature we just fought and... about yourself."

Mytical 06-26-2013 04:40 PM

The figure holds up a finger, you notice a few things. First the light he was giving out is gone, as in he shows no ability for power at all. Second he is sweating and breathing heavily. When I say sweating, sweat is pouring off of him. Like he ran two marathons back to back at full speed the whole time.

His voice sounds like somebody who has been in the desert for several days without keeping hydrated. "I need w.." his voice breaks and it takes some time for him to continue "Wa..wat" he just can't seem to get the word out. Next thing xe knows..he falls forward and seems to be out cold.

Ghel 06-26-2013 06:50 PM

Sapputiyok inspects the stranger's aura, looking for signs of injury. Seeing nothing but decreased energy level, Sapputiyok takes the stranger by the shoulders and (lifting him slightly with the Gift) drags him to the shady side of the street, to one of the city's river-fed fountains set in the wall there. Xe props him up against the wall next to the fountain and dumps several double-handfuls of water on his head to cool him. Then xe dribbles a handful of water into his mouth, watching to see him swallow before feeding him more.

Having fed the stranger what xe considers to be a sufficient amount of water, Sapputiyok begins to pace. People walk up to the fountain to get water, but pay the stranger little attention. One person asks, "Is xe ok?" Sapputiyok curtly replies, "Xe will be fine." The person hurries off. Sapputiyok continues to pace.

Mytical 06-26-2013 06:54 PM

Finally after almost an hour total, the stranger wakes up. You notice that his aura has slightly increased power now. "Where.." he looks around and sees you, and suddenly he knows. "Thank you for helping me."

He sits up slowly. "You have questions. Please ask." He touches a strange band on his arm.

Ghel 06-26-2013 08:26 PM

Sapputiyok hesitates a moment before speaking. "Politeness be hanged," xe mumbles, then lets out the questions in a rush.

"Who -- what are you? How are you able to call lightning like that? Who were you asking for help? What was that beast? How do bones walk around by themselves like that? What was that-" xe spread her hands in a gesture of uncertainty "void that the thing came out of? Did you know that thing was going to appear? Did you come here specifically to fight it? Why didn't people flee from that bone beast? Why are they acting like there's nothing strange about you?"

Then to xerself: "Okradloriktok is going to be angry that I didn't make it to the meeting."

To the stranger: "I could lose my job because of this!"

Mytical 06-26-2013 08:43 PM

"I am Derrick Soul," He shows you a badge with Interdimensional Police on the outside, and his name and badge number (1321-21-21) on the inside. And .. I don't call lighting, that is Electra. I ... turn into him. His name means Soul of Lightning, he is .. like living electricity. I can summon him into my body for a short time, because of some items I found a long long time ago."

He pauses to drink some more water, and you notice his power level increases a little more. Apparently he needs liquids to build up his power.

"I don't remember much after summoning him, but if he was talking to somebody it was probably the IDPD, the squad I work with and for. They should be here soon. As for WHAT that beast is, and how it gets around I am not one hundred percent sure. I am not sure even Electra would know...that was a first for me...and I've seen some weird things. Looked like a skeleton of a mammoth, but it was at least three times the size it should be."

He pauses to take a drink again, and this time the power level does not increase, so he is probably at that level until he starts building to summoning this 'Electra'

"The void was someTHING (he puts emphasis on the word) opening a rift in space and time. To summon that creature we fought. We sensed a buildup so in a way we knew it was coming, and a general idea of WHAT, but was not prepared for that."

He slowly gets up. "As for why nobody really noticed the creature, me, or Electra... most people only see what they want to see. Since you can see me, that means you can cross dimensional boundaries."

Ghel 06-26-2013 10:57 PM

Sapputiyok looks confused. "Dimensional boundaries?"

Xe shakes xer head, as if to clear it. "These others who are coming, are they like you?"

Mytical 06-27-2013 03:33 AM

He sits there and thinks for a few. "As much as you are like me, yes. If you mean my species. I don't think so, though I am not sure if Silk is coming or not. If you mean .. well just hold on..you should meet them. They are here.."

He stands and greets two others who seem happy to see him. One is a humanoid bulldog with a spike collar and spiked wrist bands. He wears two chains in an X pattern across his chest. Your character can feel he has some power, but it would be very minimal. This being stands about 6'7", with wide broad shoulders.

The other, however, is .. different. Xer sense of power seems to be .. confused when looking at the second one. Not picking up anything at all (which would normally mean the individual would be dead), but xer instinct tells her not to trust xer senses with this one.. at least not xer power sight. The individual's skin seems to be yellow ((Would your character know what gold is? if so, you would know that this person seems to be forged from gold)). They seem to be almost androgynous as your people. The individual has strange pointed ears, and long long flowing golden hair. Even the clothing, while it looks to be 'casual dress' is made of the finest gold. When they walk, they seem to more .. glide, almost as if their feet do not touch the ground. For some reason when the being known as Derrick sees this person, his cheeks turn a bit red.

"Pitbull! Goldie!! Am I glad to see you!" Derrick seems to brace himself for something.

The large canine individual rushes him, and picks him up in a bear hug. "Derrick! We had thought the beast had gotten you!"

"Can..t brea..the!" Derrick manages, and the larger being sets him down.

"Yes, yes, forgot about that! Just happy to see you old man!" even though the canine looks older then Derrick.

The golden ones voice is soft and musical. A bare wisper, but yet people can hear it well enough. "You must stop scaring us like that." You notice the golden one keeps their distance, however. Even though even Xe can tell the two want to greet each other more intimately.

"Oh! We better warn our guest." Derrick turns to you. "Please whatever you do, avoid contact with Goldie." He points out the golden figure. "Though we can often get people back, her touch turns anything she touches to gold. Good thing she does not require either food or drink."

Ghel 06-27-2013 01:48 PM

((I think my character would know what gold is, since it's a basic element. Let's say it's rare in this part of the world, but the merchant has traded gold or gold objects on occasion. It would normally register as an inanimate object on the sixth sense.))

Sapputiyok tries to hide the amazement on xer face as xe looks back and forth between the newcomers. Xe starts to put out xer hands to greet the newcomers, then puts them down. "I... My name is Sapputiyok. I am one of the weilders of the Gift." Again seeing a lack of recognition in their faces, Sapputiyok explains. "I can see things without looking at them, and I can move things without touching them. I used these abilities to help Derricksoul" (spoken run together, like a compound word) "-- or was it Electrasoul? -- defeat the bone beast."

Sapputiyok addresses Derrick. "Begging your pardon, but the Electrasoul is not you, but it uses your body? And you don't remember what it does while using your body? That sounds terrifying."

Mytical 06-27-2013 04:17 PM

Derrick nods "I remember bits, and pieces, but not everything. It's like a dream when I am away. I trust Electra, so it is not scary, but after? I .. die for a short time. I come back, but it is always hard. Now, you said that you might get in trouble with your boss. We have two options to handle that. You can come with us, and start a new job..with perks and salary which you could barely dream of, or.. we can speak to your boss. You would get in no trouble with them."

Ghel 06-27-2013 06:22 PM

Sapputiyok's eyes widen, a field of black against xer blue eyelids. "You want me to go with you? Across dimensions? To worlds where people like each of you are common? Where I could meet more strange and amazing beings? To help you fight creatures like the bone beast?" Sapputiyok's voice rises in pitch with each question. Still, xe takes a moment to consider.

"I would no longer have to work for that lazy, egotistical child of a kelalogak." Sapputiyok pauses to look each of the strangers in the eye, with an intense, serious expression. "I will go with you. I simply ask that I be allowed to say goodbye to my parent and siblings. Can I take a few things with me? Will I be able to return, to visit, in the future?"

Mytical 06-27-2013 06:26 PM

It is the one called Goldie who responds. "You may say goodbye, but make no mention of the IDP or traveling dimensions. Feel free to take anything you think you need, and you may returns as often as you want..however, at no time can you explain to anybody about us, the IDP, or crossing dimensions."

Ghel 06-27-2013 08:43 PM

Sapputiyok barks a laugh. "Ha. As if anyone would believe me anyway. No one paid much attention to the bone beast or to Electrasoul. They would think I spent too much time out in the sun."

Sapputiyok looks uncertain, as if afraid that the strangers will disappear before xe returns. "So, I'll just run home and say goodbye to my family and pick up a few things. You'll wait here for me, then?"

Mytical 06-28-2013 02:59 AM

Bulldog gives a hardy laugh "If Derrick tells you that the sun is made of pudding, get out your spoons. Never known him to say anything that is not the truth. Can't say the same for Electra, but Derrick would sooner eat lava then tell an untruth."

Derrick looks a little embarrassed at the outburst. "We will be here, and shall wait for you."

Ghel 06-28-2013 03:23 PM

Sapputiyok rushes off down the street and returns about an hour later with a bag across xer shoulder. "I'm ready to go."

Mytical 06-28-2013 03:39 PM

Derrick nods and gives a bit of caution. "You said you can sense power, now I am not positive how that works, but if you can..you may want to turn it off in the nexus. The nexus IS power. The power of a thousand universes run through the place. I am not sure how good an idea it would be to try to see it's power. Any other power would be drowned out by it."

Once he gets the ok, and that you are ready..and he opens a portal. "Stay close by me, prepare yourself. Some of the species you will see will be very odd. You think us three strange..some make us seem perfectly average." He steps through the portal.

((Assuming you follow, if not .. ignore :D ))

You step through and .. it seems a bit normal. Exactly what you thought it would be. Which seems strange. What is not normal, however, are the people inside.

You see..floating jellyfish with visible brains, all the animal species but they are humanoid. All the insect species, but again humanoid size, walking upright. Some of the predatory looking ones (shark, tiger, etc) are a bit frighting, but they don't seem to mean any harm.

You see floating balls of light of all shapes and sizes. One small light ends up on your nose, and you notice it is a very tiny beautiful person with wings. It giggles and flies away, its laughter like music.

Finally you get to a room where there is another that looks like Derrick (sort of...ie he is a human looking male) but he has .. machines for part of his body. His eye and left hand are robotic. "Captain Strongarm. I would like for you to meet.." Derrick turns to you "I am sorry I have trouble pronouncing your name..you should introduce yourself."

Ghel 06-28-2013 04:18 PM

Sapputiyok closes xer mind to the sixth sense and follows Derrick through the portal. A look of amazement on xer face, xe glances around at all the strange creatures roaming around. When the small light lands on xer nose, xe flinches, scowling at it as it giggles and flies away.

When introduced to Captain Strongarm, xe holds out xer hands, palm up, and says, "I offer you greetings, Captainstrongarm. I am Sapputiyok. I am one of the weilders of the Gift... which means that I can see things without looking and move things without touching them... as well as a few other things." Sapputiyok glances around in uncertainty, but continues. "I offer my services to the... Interdimensional Police" (spoken slowly, as if trying to remember how to say it) "to help protect worlds from beings such as that bone beast."

Mytical 06-28-2013 04:44 PM

To xer total surprise he lays his forearms on xers and speaks "Greetings Sapputiyok wielder of the gift, you may call me Strongarm. If you wish to aid us in our struggle, I ask that you meet a few people, and among them and the one you know as Derrick choose who would be your training partner."

Ghel 06-29-2013 12:57 AM

Sapputiyok responds, "Thank you, Strongarm. I would be honored."

Mytical 06-29-2013 02:36 AM

For a few weeks it is mostly getting situated, finding how the Nexus works, and training with seven individuals to see who you would like the most. ((See OoC list for rundown of these people..of course Derrick is one option))

The individual in charge of your hand to hand and melee training is Goldie..who you learn her real name is mostly sounds. A birds song, the rustling of grass on the wind, and a chime. You are able to reproduce all but the middle part (the rustling of the grass) which is more then a lot can do. You come to realize that most of the people here have some sort of 'nickname' because others can not always pronounce their real name. Bulldog's real name is some sort of bark, a harump, and a growl. You can actually reproduce his name, but he seems to prefer 'Bulldog' (Which is what Derrick nicknamed him).

Inside the nexus, you don't have to worry about language barriers. The nexus automatically translates it, and outside you are given an ear piece and special instrument that translates for you. Which is handy.

You learn that the Nexus is .. sentient. Maybe not technically alive, but it can make robotic forms or holograms to interface with for those more comfortable doing so, and even interface psychically for those who find that easier. And though you are still getting use to the whole 'gender' thing, it seems to come off as female most of the time..though it can adjust itself to talk like anything you prefer. It can even adjust its power output so that you can use your gift..except in one room. The Core. The core seems to exist as pure data. Every square inch is dedicated to a number of some sort. What it's function is, not even the nexus seems to know..or if it does it is not telling.

You don't really need to spend your salary on anything. Food, shelter, etc is all taken care of with but a thought. Now a lot of what the Nexus makes can not be taken out of the Nexus, but clothing seems to be immune to that at least. (That could be awkward if not).

Because of the fact that time is relative in the Nexus, you seem to get plenty of rest despite it seeming that all you do is train. Strongarm handles a lot of the training. Firearms (mandatory, even if you don't use them in the field), how to tell natives from something that came through a dimensional rift, and basic police procedure. Though it is a LOT more lax then Earth Prime's (Our dimension) law enforcement procedures.

Finally though you are brought into the room with the people you have been training with..and asked to chose a partner for 'field training'.

Ghel 07-01-2013 02:18 PM

During training, Sapputiyok asks each of the people xe's training with to let xer try to use xer power on them. If asked, Sapputiyok explains that in an emergency situation, xe might need to catch them, lift them, etc., and xe wishes to know how much energy to put into it without harming them.

During the firearms training, Sapputiyok is amazed by the velocity and force of the bullets. Xe asks to experiment with slowing or stopping the bullets. Sapputiyok finds that it's fairly easy for xer to stop bullets if xe knows they're coming, by targeting the bullet directly, as well as put up a general field around xerself to deflect bullets (and other projectiles). Both require a lot of effort, and xe becomes mentally and physically exhausted after only a short time.

Mytical 07-01-2013 02:30 PM

None of them have any issue with you using your power on them. The only one you have difficulty with is Hardcore. It seems not only is he heavier then one would think (and with his mass that would be pretty heavy) but a lot denser also. It is almost as if the earth has a 'pull' on him. Interestingly enough, when you try to hasten his fall with your power, it is a lot easier to do then it should be. Good thing that he is tough. ((So if you are trying to move him any direction but down, or to slow his decent if he is falling it takes more effort. If you are trying to move him down, or to hasten his falling it requires very little effort)).

Goldie is a bit ..odd. When she resists it, it is like her whole body is covered in some sort of mental grease. It is hard to keep ahold of her. If she isn't trying to resist however, it is just as easy as anybody else.

Now Derrick is a human, so no problems there..but there is with Electra. Even when he wants you to, you can not seem to move him at all. It's not until xe realizes that there is no mass, only energy, that you finally can start moving him at all. Even his armor, which looks like it would weigh quite a bit, seems to have no mass or weight to it. Yet, when he braces himself, and plants his feet, it is like trying to move a mountain.

Ghel 07-01-2013 04:29 PM

Sapputiyok chooses to work with Goldie for the field training.

Mytical 07-01-2013 07:52 PM

For the first official field mission, Strongarm wants you to do something 'easy'. A ex IDP gone rogue has been running between dimensions smuggling exotic animals. Since he doesn't stay long enough to get a pinpoint on him, yet, this is about containment of one of the more exotic animals. A rare phoenix. It has broken loose from it's cage, and has been causing a bit of havoc on a frog 'humanoid' world, and you and Goldie should be able to convince it to return to its home dimension.

Ghel 07-01-2013 08:29 PM

Sapputiyok asks for a description of the phoenix. ((OOC, I want to know if it's anything more than a red and/or gold-feathered parrot which bursts into flames when it dies, then comes back to life.))

Sapputiyok also asks for a description of the frog people (which would have to include an explanation of what a frog is, since xe has never seen an amphibion).

Mytical 07-02-2013 03:55 AM

((http://www.onmarkproductions.com/html/kappa.shtml the solo hand drawn image next to the 'weeds' is the best description I can give for the frog people))

((As for the phoenix http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-O8A28G-3W3.../Phoenix-3.jpg.. it ain't no parrot :D))

After the above is described to xer, she is given a warning. When this IDP person captured it, he used 'compression field technology'. It made the phoenix a lot smaller then it would normally be. Some phoenix can be as large as a mountain. Now this one is young, so it is only about 30' long, but even young Phoenix can be pretty dang potent. It is understandably angry. It was kidnapped from its home, forced to go to a strange place, and kept in a cage. Approach with caution. The one good thing is, they do not like the cold, and the world is a bit more chilly then some.

IF it can be calmed down, it can communicate..but right now it is doing what some children do. It is throwing a tantrum. Speed is of the essence, as it can do a LOT of damage when angry.

((So the question is, before you head there, are you going to get anything to take with you?))

Ghel 07-02-2013 06:13 PM

"Begging your pardon, but you want us to herd a huge, flying, flaming beast back to its home dimension? And you call this 'easy'? I'm not saying we can't do it, but I don't expect it to be easy."

Sapputiyok looks at Goldie and says, "I have no experience with wild animals, and little with children. Do you?"

((Regardless of Goldie's answer: )) Sapputiyok asks for flame-resistant clothing. Xe asks if they have some way for them to fly if they need to, in order to reach the phoenix if it flies away. Xe also asks Goldie for her advice on what equipment they should take.

Mytical 07-03-2013 02:40 AM

Strongarm laughs "If it was too easy, we wouldn't be needed. However, despite it being young, the phoenix is an intelligent creature. If you can get it to stay still long enough to explain you can get it back home, it will follow without incident."

You are able to find a Microfiber suit that is perfect for what you requested. Not only does it resist heat well, but it has nanotech in it that allows the wearer to modify it for flight (not to mention style, size, etc). It won't take heat for too long at a time, but a couple hours at a time (with a rest ratio of 2:1 ie, for every 2 minutes in extreme heat you have to let it cool for 1 minute).

Goldie thinks. "I think maybe some CO2. If we can make the area around it cold, except for a path back to its entry point, that should convince it to follow said path. It certainly won't hurt the creature, even a direct blast, but it will deter it."

Ghel 07-03-2013 03:27 PM

Sapputiyok accepts these provisions and prepares to depart.

Mytical 07-03-2013 04:37 PM

This would be your characters second ride in an automated transport. (Ie vehicle)

Because the dimension is rather distant from the Nexus, you and Goldie actually pass through a few dimensions to get there. While the nexus stretches through all the dimensions, sometimes a direct path would be too hazardous.

On the way to the dimension, Goldie gives a little 'background' about the three 'spheres of influence' of which the Nexus is one. "Think of the Nexus as the neutral one. It is what maintains the primal balance between the other two. All three spheres stretch and are in all the other dimensions, though in some it is rather hard to get to, and some nobody at all can get to."

Goldie swerves to miss what looks like a rainbow colored crystalline lifeform. Sapputiyok could swear xe sees it wave in a friendly gesture, but the vehicle is moving so fast xe can't be sure. The next dimension you go into is both beautiful and frightening. It looks like a crystalline cloud, with 'columns' of rainbow colored 'tornadoes'. The vehicle is flying, but that does not seem to worry Goldie any.

"Then there is dimension 777, known to us in the Nexus as Utopia. The perfect blend of science and magic, and when the people there 'ascend' they become beings of pure energy. Until then, they are .. flawless. I mean that literally, their physical bodies are without flaw. Like our perception filter, every being in that universe becomes the perfect form for whatever species is looking at them. The most beautiful, desirable, and 'pure' being of that species. Some believe they are what Earth Prime saw as Angels. I can not say if that is true or not. Even their physical forms are truly immortal though. Can't be killed, do not die of old age. The only time one of them is 'lost' is when they become pure energy. Then a new one is 'born' and the cycle begins again."

As you enter the last dimension before your target dimension, it is pure ice..she has a bit of trouble controlling the vehicle, but somehow manages. "Which leads to what we call dimension 999. Otherwise known to us in the Nexus as Rutopia. Some of the beings from 777 were not..perfect. They chose science over magic, and it.. corrupted them. They are not quite as powerful as those in 777, but they can be just as alluring. They are what some think were the demons on Earth Prime. 777, 999, and the Nexus are the only dimensions that stretch to all other dimensions. The people of 777 are constantly trying to keep the beings of 999 from corrupting the other universes. BUT that is not to say all from 999 are bad, or all from 777 are good. No, sometimes the beings of 777 are way too strict, and sometimes the beings from 999 have helped other dimensions."

She comes to a stop near what looks like a volcano, in a dimension where it is snowing. "There is a reason I am telling you about these other two. Sometimes a 'runner' will enter either 777 or 999 to avoid us. Unless invited in, never ever go to either dimension. Let the runner go if need be." She looks up at the top of the mountain where a rather large fiery bird is circling, blazing fire as it goes. "We are here..since you are in training, I want you to tell me our next move."

Ghel 07-05-2013 01:14 PM

Sapputiyok stares at the phoenix for a moment before responding. "The phoenix seems to be... possessed by the same void that summoned the bone beast. I suggest we approach carefully. Perhaps we should use the 'CO2' to cool the flames as we approach?"

"How will the heat affect you? I can put up a small field of cool air around us, if need be."

Mytical 07-05-2013 05:37 PM

Goldie thinks. "Neither cold or hot really bother me, my skin is made of a magical metal..but I have a question."

Both of you are getting near the Phoenix. "If you can make the air cool around us..can you make the air colder around it, with a 'corridor' like toward there." She points to where the creature entered the dimension. "It is already snowing, and it can not be comfortable, so making it colder might just make it ready to move on."

Ghel 07-05-2013 06:26 PM

"I will try." Sapputiyok concentrates on the area surrounding the phoenix.

((Goldie probably wouldn't be able to tell, but Sapputiyok is imagining a horizontal cylinder, with the temperature unaffected in the middle, and a layer around the cylinder and around one end with the tempurature lowered, but open on the end Goldie indicated. With a look of total concentration and effort, Sapputiyok slowly moves this "cup" of colder air in the direction Goldie indicated.))

Mytical 07-05-2013 06:38 PM

It seems reluctant at first, its anger still lingering. However, finally the cold drives it toward the opening. As it starts to vanish, you see the vortexs disappear.

((Remember none of you yet know it is 'death', just a power that seems like a vortex))

A mental message of thanks comes to you, from the phoenix, and a cryptic message. "The shadow has noticed you young one, and it will not be pleased you helped me home. Please..be careful."

Ghel 07-05-2013 07:17 PM

As soon as the phoenix disappears, Sapputiyok collapses to the ground, groaning in pain. Xe puts xer hands to xer face, pressing the heels of xer hands into xer eyes. Expecting Goldie to be concerned, Sapputiyok says, "I'll be fine. That took a lot of effort, though. My head hurts as if I stood next to the warning bell as it rang."

Sapputiyok takes a deep breath. "Did you hear what the phoenix said? Right before it disappeared?"

Mytical 07-06-2013 05:21 PM

Goldie shakes her head no. "Whatever it said was meant for your ears only." Just as she was about to say more her IDP com goes off. "Go for Goldie" she says.

"Ok guys, this ones no training run. We have a runner not far from you, with a load of corn headed to dimension 328. Runners are bio-enhanced. Proceed with extreme caution."

It was Strongarm's voice, but Sapputiyok has an odd feeling about this communication. Something is wrong..it just a vague feeling though, nothing concrete to go on.

Ghel 07-07-2013 11:08 PM

Sapputiyok doesn't voice xer misgivings about Strongarm's message. Instead xe says, "What is corn? What is dimension 328 like, and why are the runners headed there? Do you know?"

Mytical 07-08-2013 04:48 AM

"It's easier to show and tell about corn." She whispers some strange words that the translator can not seem to translate and a couple of small images appear in front of you.

One image is of corn still in the fields waiting to be harvested, the next is corn on the cob, and the last is kernels of corn. "It is a food source. However, in dimension 328 it is highly volatile, able to produce large explosions. One of these," she points to a kernel "Can cause damage in a 5 mile radius. The people of 328 are at war with each other, so they will give just about anything for such weapons, especially because they are so easily concealed. The runner is probably a smuggler who wants to sell something cheap and plentiful in his or her home dimension for something expensive in his or her home dimension." She pauses. "I just can not figure out why Strongarm would send a trainee on such a risky mission. We even have to travel a little further then somebody who is in the Nexus. I am sure he has his reasons though." She looks unconvinced.

"Come, let us try to intercept these runners. If they make it to 328, it is only one dimension jump to 999. I'd rather not have to get permission to go into that place." She heads toward the vehicle.

Ghel 07-08-2013 01:30 PM

Sapputiyok follows Goldie and gets into the vehicle. "Have you been to dimension 999 before? What's it like?"

Mytical 07-14-2013 03:57 AM

Goldie has a look on her face that speaks volumes, and lets Sapputiyok know it may be best not to chase this question too far.

"Once. Imagine one vast city, covering the whole world. No plants, no animals, just building after building. Each reaching way into the sky. There are not that many actual people, but they grow whatever they need in bio vats. Then there are the prisons. This race can make you see and experience the absolute worse thing you can think of, at will. They are sadistic and vile. They ENJOY giving people pain."

You see a vehicle up ahead, and she flips the lights on. Must be whoever you are after. You are passing other dimensions, so this one he is headed toward must be difficult to get to.

You zoom past a wild west looking world, and a semi comes racing toward you and Goldie, trying to knock you from chasing the car. Goldie doesn't even flinch, and mutters some sort of spell, then flips a switch on the car. A shield goes up, and the semi just bounces over your vehicle when it smashes into some sort of shield. She calls it in, but does not give up the pursuit.

You catch up to the vehicle just as it is nearing the dimensional border. "We have to keep it away from that border. I've used up my magical energy protecting us from that Semi." She pushes a button and a nasty looking firearm drops down in your lap ((Sapputiyok)). Do whatever you have to to stop it. I will get as close as I can."

Meanwhile elsewhere at the Semi (Where Colt is)

It flips over a couple of times, but is built sturdy so it ends up on its tires and starts tearing through town trying to catch up with it's target.

Colt Walker is chasing down a fugitive on horseback, who is trying to lose him in town. He hears a monstrous roar behind him, and sees the semi. Finding it odd that nobody else seems to be aware of it, even if they are getting out of the way. The passenger side door opens, and a humanoid male jumps out. As he hits the ground, he transforms into some sort of humanoid canine halfbreed, all teeth and claws. The monster starts tearing everything apart that is in it's path, headed toward the bank. Probably figures with the IDP already busy, they can make some easy money.

As the beast nears Colt, the semi comes covers the other side of the street, there is nowhere to go, he is trapped. Another vehicle, this one is an all black transam with a skull painted on it's hood, comes just in time for somebody to grab him, and they crash through the bank door. An oriental female with short cropped hair, dressed in matrix style clothing. wearing sunglasses (like Neo wore) jumps out with a shotgun. "Come with me if you want to live!" she holds out her hand to Colt, just as the beast crashes through the wall, snarling.

Tyg3rW01f 07-14-2013 08:02 PM

((Think modern day, just a bit more Wild West... ask him, he'll explain.))
Jorge Garalla had knocked off three banks in NYC, one in D.C., five in Chicago, and the Federal Territory Bank of Tombstone TWICE, then vanished into the ether five years before. When the FBI and the CIA had failed to find him (BIG surprise. Not!), the young mulatto thought himself safe. He had not counted on Colt "The Hound" Walker getting his case.

I can do the Impossible, Miracles take a few days. was the rawboned Tennessean's motto, and he stuck to it. Most thought Colt insane, but they never argued with his end results. The Hound had sniffed and hunted and scratched and fetched for Garalla's arse, now worth $500k to the bounty hunter who brought him in, and had tracked him down in San Jacinto just three weeks before.

Now, some Kelly Hu-wanna-be and a werewolf -of all damned things- had just run Garalla over with her "Mad Max the Road Warrior" International and was trying to order Colt around after bashing him through a wall, killing the best stud racehorse for nine states, and costing Colt five hundred large. Not happening; not today. From behind the transaction desk, Colt drew his rifle and put four three-round bursts into the beast's chest, tossing it onto its back. Then, removing himself from the lap of the prettiest young Navajo he'd ever had the pleasure of landing on, Colt aimed at the Matrix Woman.
"Well, as I highly doubt your Model 1887 can out-shoot my L85 here, and you just cost me $500 large by running over MY skip, my answer is not only 'No' but--"

At that moment, the "werewolf-thing" got up, growled and braced to pounce!

Colt leaped over the desk, drew his pistol and emptied the 14-round magazine into the thing's chest as he tackled "Kelly Hu" into the truck. Not even looking at his surroundings, I'll figure out when Garalla slipped me the peyote later!, he shouted, "DRIVE, DAMN YOU!!" at the driver and reloaded.

Ghel 07-15-2013 12:54 AM

Sapputiyok takes the firearm and leans out the window to aim at the vehicle xe and Goldie are chasing. A look of concentration shows on xer face as xe steadies the weapon. Sapputiyok "looks" with xer sixth sense, trying to find a weak spot on the vehicle. Finding one, xe shoots it.

Mytical 07-15-2013 05:15 AM

Sapputiyok shot not only hit the mark, but at the impact xe felt a 'pull' on her powers from the weapon..and it sent the vehicle flipping several times into the air. Somehow the weapon can draw power from it's user, and amplify it's own.

Goldie pulls in right behind the overturned vehicle "Oooh, don't think anybody's getting up from that any time soon." She was wrong however. Two figures emerge, barely looking scratched. One transforms into a panther looking humanoid creature, the other into a cheetah humanoid creature. Goldie utters the first curse word Sapputiyok has ever heard from her ":censored: were creatures. So that is how they are enhanced." She looks at Sapputiyok "Fire or silver are the only things that will keep them down. They can be hurt, but not killed except by the fire or silver. I can't do silver, I can do fire. What trick do you have up your sleeve?"

Meanwhile the oriental female is surprised at the maneuver for about maybe 2 seconds. "Dump your worthless ammo" She slaps the dash and Colt sees all kinds of silver bullets in the glove compartment, even ones that will fit his weapon. "Only chance we have. I can't let that thing take this bank." She spins the vehicle around and says "Reaper, show 'em what you got." The vehicle starts driving backwards on its own, as she leans out the window firing her gun. The wolf is FAST though, and is managing to dodge her barrage. She curses colorfully, and the car does a 180 and she talks to 'Reaper' again..whoever and whatever Reaper is. "Reaper, can we do a merge with an extra person in you?"

To Colts surprise the car answers back. "Fraid not beautiful, don't worry I still got a few tricks!" Flame comes from its tail pipe, hitting the wolf, but only slowing it a little. "Dang what the heck they jacked up on?!" says 'Reaper'

Tyg3rW01f 07-15-2013 05:53 PM

"Och, fer th' love o' Sent Paytar," ((Translated: For love of Saint Peter)) Colt shouted in an OBVIOUSLY FAKE Irish accent, reloading his rifle and pistol as he did so. Then, putting action to outburst, he began crawling over everyone to get out of the cab. With a laugh that could only be uttered by the mad... or the exceedingly desperate... he sticks two fingers in his mouth and whistles loudly and shrilly enough to match nails on slate.

"Hey UGLY!" The wolf looks around, as does the panther. "Why don't you drag your f-ugly pelts over here and take on a REAL fight?!"

You are going to get yourself killed, you know, his inner monologue noted.
He gave this retort, Shut up. If I pull this off like John Wayne and Clint Eastwood, I might get a chance with the pretty Navajo. What a figure, and she did pinch my butt.

Just then, the wolf took up the charge with a howl. Colt knew this trick, though. Charge in as a buddy does the same, the noisy one goes high and the quiet one goes low; classic knife-in-the-back.
He waited, then turned and jumped toward the leaping wolf. Right on cue, there was the panther, behind Colt. Three rounds of silver 5.56 NATO slammed through the panther's face, and blew its brains and the back of its skull all over "Reaper"s side panels. The wolf landed in the gore, only to receive nine rounds in the back. Colt kept sliding along the floor another foot from the slight recoil.

Ghel 07-15-2013 08:05 PM

Sapputiyok starts climbing out of the vehicle and says to Goldie, "Use your fire. I'll--" Sapputiyok's words are cut short as the werecheetah trips xer, knocking xer to the ground. Sapputiyok sits up to see the cheetah turning around to charge at xer again. Xe scrambles to ready the firearm, shooting it as it nears. The recoil sends Sapputiyok flying backwards, and xe "grabs" hold of the ground to right xerself and land on xer feet.

Out of the corner of xer eye, Sapputiyok sees a fireball erupt in the vicinity of the panther. Xe keeps xer focus on the cheetah. It appears injured, but it is still moving. As it rises to its feet, Sapputiyok reaches out and grabs anything flammable xe can - bunches of dried grass, newspapers out of a vending machine, etc. - and heats them to make them burn as xe throws them at the cheetah. Xe lucks upon a half-full bottle of alcohol, which bursts into flame as it smashes at the cheetah's feet.

It barely slows the cheetah down. It rushes at Sapputiyok, who almost instinctively throws up a shield of protection. But it pushes right through it, bites down on xer shoulder, and throws xer at its vehicle. Sapputiyok "looks" around for other things to throw at it and "sees" a nice, full, gas tank in the vehicle. Xe rips the gascap off and feeds a stream of gasoline at the cheetah. The gas ignites as it hits the already flaming cheetah, which tries to run, but only makes it a few steps before being taken down by the flames. Sapputiyok watches as the cheetah's aura goes out.

Sapputiyok winces at the pain in xer shoulder as xe stands to help Goldie with the panther. Having survived the initial fireball, it is advancing on Goldie. Goldie is pulling off her gloves. The panther seems to take this as an invitation to fight, and it snarls as it pounces on her. Goldie rolls with the attack, flipping the panther onto its back on the street. Barely a second later, she is standing up from a gold statue of a panther. Sapputiyok still sees the panther's aura, but it is muted. Goldie retrieves her gloves.

Goldie sees the cheetah's body smoldering in the street. Sapputiyok says of it, "horrible way to die." Goldie frowns, "I've seen worse."

Tyg3rW01f 07-15-2013 08:18 PM

Remembering the first time he'd shot either opponent, Colt waited for them to get back up, as he was not in a good position to fight. True, he'd just used up half a magazine of ammo that likely cost more than Garalla had been worth, ALIVE, but damn if Colt was going to lower his guard just yet.

Mytical 07-16-2013 04:37 AM

Sapputiyok

Goldie is obviously exhausted from the effort put fort from the fireball and transforming the werecreature into a golden statue. Her magic must have limits, and that includes her 'golden touch'. Whatever arcane energy she had drawn on obviously depleted, she won't be able to draw off of any time soon.

Sapputiyok sees the 'vortex' appear near the bank that Colt and his mystery partner is. That can not be good.

Colt

Back at the Bank both of the were beasts start transforming back to their human counterparts, obviously quite dead. Colt sees something like a shadow pass over the wolf one however, just for a split second. The werewolf stops transforming, and reverts back to its werewolf state..and gets up, gaping holes still in its chest area. It is moving slower at least. It's eyes have a milk white film over them, and it is lurching as if its muscles are resisting movement.

Colts mystery partner says "What the FRELL?" She pumps its face full of silver, but the wounds heal almost instantly "What the bloody FRELL?!" As Colt is no longer in the vehicle she shouts. "Reaper! Merge!"

The vehicle shimmers, and seems to overlap the female. Soon it is a Mech looking like suit of armor. The beast rips into it, it's strength seemingly even greater then before, and a huge chunk is taken out of the Mech armor. It starts repairing, but it is going to take a little time.

Tyg3rW01f 07-16-2013 05:07 AM

"Aw, s***." Colt scrambled to his feet. Looking around quickly, he noted the chunk ripped free of the mech slightly resembled a blade. Thinking on the run, he snatched up the piece of shrapnel and swung it like a huge blade, severing the beast's head and cutting into "Reaper" slightly.

Mytical 07-16-2013 05:13 AM

The beast stumbles, stops..and picks up its head. It tries to reattach the head, but doesn't seem to have any luck. So it tucks it's head under its arm. At least now there is one arm taken away.

"We need fire, lots and lots of fire..what they frell is this thing!"

Tyg3rW01f 07-16-2013 05:19 AM

Colt goes white as death as he watches this spectacle. "Oh... dear... Lord... We are so dead."

Mytical 07-16-2013 05:33 PM

'Reaper' springs two gatling guns from it's 'arms'. It unleashes a barrage of silver ammo that rips into the werebeast. Chunks of flesh go flying from it, and its head is made into mush. When the firing stops, and the smoke clears..a huge skeletal figure still stands..but there is nothing left of it's head. Still it lumbers toward the two. "Friggin Frell! I just pumped enough silver into the thing to take down an army of them, how is it still moving? Better yet, how does it seem to know where we are?!"

Elsewhere

Goldie knows nothing about the vortex, gets in her vehicle, and fires a couple of missles, reducing the other vehicle to slag. "Should we head back to the town to see if our partners have cleared up the semi yet?"

Ghel 07-16-2013 05:56 PM

"Yes. Let's go." Sapputiyok picks up the firearm and jumps back into the vehicle. "We should hurry. I sensed another one of those void - vortex things near the semi. Like I sensed when the bone beast arrived at my home. Our 'partners' may need help."

As they drive, Sapputiyok examines xer shoulder. ((I'm going to assume there's an (at least) modern first-aid kit in the vehicle and that first-aid was part of the training.)) Xe uncovers xer shoulder and sprays it with some liquid bandage to stop the bleeding. Xe moves and twists xer shoulder to make sure nothing's broken.

Mytical 07-16-2013 06:10 PM

((Yes first aid would be covered, and there is a first aid kit. Now as for Goldy not paying attention to a wound..she is still getting used to 'flesh'. She doesn't get wounded ((well unless a chunk is taken out of her)), and still has no idea that people not made of metal can))

Sapputiyok develops a little headache, and suddenly 'sees' from the viewpoint of the werewolf that is near Colt. Xe can hear something like the pounding of drums, and feels like something is trying to pull her toward the drums. Xe gets snapped back to xer body, and realizes xe is snarling and xe has teeth and claws, for about a second and then they are as they should be.

Ghel 07-16-2013 06:41 PM

((Sapputiyok would not be the type to complain about a wound, unless it was likely to interfere with xer duties.))

Sapputiyok glances at Goldie to see if she noticed xer momentary transformation. "I feel... a bit strange. Whatever enhancement those 'were creatures' had - is it catching?"

Mytical 07-16-2013 06:44 PM

Goldie shakes her head "No, they were created in a lab, each strain would be specific to the individual.. one way to make sure though." She uses a device to scan you. "Trace elements, but you won't transform. Might have some other odd side affects however."

Within moments Goldie and Sapputiyok arrive outside the bank.

Ghel 07-16-2013 07:35 PM

Between the use of xer powers and the momentary vision, Sapputiyok's head is pounding. However, xe pulls xerself together long enough to take stock of the situation. The semi is blocking the road, but xe senses two living auras in the armored person and the aura of a second person (Colt) in the middle of the bank. Xe takes note of the auras of other people cowering under desks or behind counters, but pays them little mind.

Sapputiyok rushed up to the opening the werewolf made in the wall of the bank, searching with xer mind to attempt to find whatever the vortex had summoned. When xe notices the skeletal werewolf, xe flashes back to xer earlier vision. That only stops xer for a second. Sapputiyok shakes xer head as if to clear it and "grabs" individual bones off the werewolf, flinging them in different directions.

((If Shem, Reaper, and Colt notice Sapputiyok, they see a bald, blue-skinned, androgynous humanoid standing in the hole in the wall. More description in the OT thread.))

Tyg3rW01f 07-17-2013 12:08 AM

Colt sees the blue-skinned humanoid and just plain snaps.
The next few moments of activity from him involve a lot of swearing, a great deal of using various objects to smash and crush and break the bone-thing into teeny bits, and, finally, holding both the mecha-oriental and the blue-skin at gun-point.

"I DON"T GIVE ONE FLYING F*** WHO OR WHAT THE G******* HELL YOU THINK YOU ARE! FREEZE! YOU'RE ALL UNDER ARREST!!"

He was twitchy, and confused, and had just been pushed WAY too far out of the norm. (Even for him.) The muzzle of his auto-rifle pointed in Reaper's general direction, and the .45 pointed at the blue-thing. Everyone could see each vein and tendon in his neck, and every muscle in his forearms as well, and his breathing was ragged.

"One... wrong... move..." He didn't need to finish his thought; the order was lethally obvious.

Mytical 07-17-2013 02:34 AM

Thankfully this one doesn't just shrink like the mammoth did. Sapputiyok is able to pull it apart. It stays down, in pieces.

Reaper chuckles as most conventional firearms are no threat to it, but Shem says "Relax, no need for that. Goldie, since I am in Reaper, show him the badge."

Goldie nods and slowly brings out her badge. Although it says IDP on it, there is no doubt it is authentic. "We too are police officers."

Tyg3rW01f 07-17-2013 04:06 AM

Colt slowly lowered his weapons at the sight of the badge; it certainly LOOKED authentic enough.
Holstering his pistol and reattaching his rifle to its 3-point sling (which allows him to carry the rifle like so when shooting his pistol), he calmly looked Shem.
"I was chasing down Jorge Garalla, a rather notorious bank robber back East. Before your armor-suit/truck-thing turned him into bloodstains and roadkill, he was MY case, MY skip, and worth $500 thousand dollars. So. Whose bureaucratic ass am I gonna hafta insert my boot into for the money your Department now owes me? Hm?"

Mytical 07-17-2013 04:34 AM

Goldie chuckles, and goes to a chair. She touches it, turning it into pure gold. "Money is of little interest to us. You can go to Strongarm if you feel you must" It's an obvious shot to him, seeing if he will raise to the bait. "Or, if you think you can handle more..dangerous bounties" she indicates the creatures. "You can go with Shem, and she will show you things that you've certainly never even dreamed of..let alone seen."

Goldie chuckles. "Now if you are afraid, and can't handle it, I can certainly reimburse you for your troubles. Then you can slink off to wherever you want. Your choice."

Ghel 07-17-2013 11:51 AM

As the bone werewolf is destroyed, Sapputiyok slumps against the wall, wincing against the pain in xer left shoulder. Xer eyesight and xer sixth sense are blurry, xer head pounding with a giant migraine. Sapputiyok doesn't even have enough energy left to throw up a shield when the person points a firearm and starts yelling. Xe is relieved that Goldie handles it.

Sapputiyok examines the yelling man's aura briefly. Hardly more power than an average human. Xe dismisses him as insignificant, and xe slumps to the floor.

Tyg3rW01f 07-17-2013 11:56 AM

Colt blinked, thought. "So, what you're telling me is you guys are not with Indian Defense Forces, nor the Indian Affairs Administration, and this whole incident wasn't some peyote-induced trip."

When they simply looked at him, Colt "the Hound" Walker considered his options. The last time he'd heard of a deal involving reimbursement and slinking off, Colt had lost, then found, an old high school flame in an abandoned warehouse in Deadwood after a two year search. Yeah, not on his dime.

"Last time I heard about an offer that involved such terms, somebody I knew as a kid got their throat sliced open from ear to ear. You admitting to your involvement in that case? Or are you guys trying to recruit me for some sort of Men In Black government agency?"

When the blueman slumped to the floor, Colt nodded in its direction. "Is Blue Man gonna be okay?"

Ghel 07-17-2013 01:56 PM

Sapputiyok doesn't look up as xe responds, a hint of irritation in xer voice. "'Blue Man' will be fine. 'Blue man' just needs some rest to stop this aklark from chewing on my head." Sapputiyok presses a four-fingered hand against xer temple.

Mytical 07-17-2013 03:28 PM

Shem unmerges with Reaper. "The Men in black wish they had the resources, tech, and power we have at their disposal. This is way beyond anything you have ever encountered. Our blue friend over there would be testament to that. We don't have all week, however, so if you can't handle it fine. Just say so now. Otherwise, its down the rabbit hole we go."

Tyg3rW01f 07-17-2013 06:14 PM

"You mentioned bounties. I do those. I find things, too. And trust me, I do the Impossible; Miracles, on the other hand, take a few days."

Colt looked at his two trusty friends, the rifle and his pistol, considered. "Hell, the government has been badgering me to do more for them lately... If I'm in, I want some better firepower, please."

Mytical 07-17-2013 06:23 PM

Goldie grins "That we can do." She opens a portal. "Shall we?"

Shem looks at Sapputiyok "We will get you looked at once we are in the Nexus."

((Remember Colt will see the Nexus as he expects to see it))

Ghel 07-17-2013 06:38 PM

Sapputiyok nods at Shem and rises unsteadily to xer feet to follow the others through the portal.

Tyg3rW01f 07-18-2013 03:16 AM

Colt blinked, "Nexus? What's a--" He paused and reconsidered. "Know what? Forget I asked."

Stepping through, however, he walked into the midst of a M.A.S.H. camp. Even more disturbing was the fact the signpost even looked like the one from the TV show.
"The frack is 317," he asked no one in particular. "Zero-Zero-One? 999? 777?! The frell am I?!"

Mytical 07-18-2013 04:27 AM

If he thought the look was unusual, the inhabitants were even more so. A two headed giant, well over 20' tall lumbers past, something that resembles a Leprechaun is talking to a hologram, filling out a report. A female with leathery bat wings (and very little of anything else on) takes a break at the water cooler, her pointed tail swishing back and forth. Finally they all make it to Strongarm's room.

Shem takes Sapputiyok to the medical lab to be looked at. They tell xer that the bioenhancer has done SOMETHING to xer, but xe will not turn into a were creature. They are not sure exactly what it has done, but at least for the most part xhe will not be sprouting fur at least. Xe has a mandatory week rest just to make sure nothing too funky happens, so xe can scout around the Nexus..ask questions and the like. They also treat the wound, and it will be fine in no time.

Meanwhile back at Strongarm's office Colt pretty much is told the same as Sapputiyok was, then asked if there are any questions.

Tyg3rW01f 07-18-2013 05:56 AM

Colt blinks at the huge man. "Three questions before I hit ya between the eyes with the major one. One: Do I get a badge? Two: Where's the Armory; I need heavier-hitting weapons. And three: May I train with Shem?"
He grins at her protest, then comes out with the jaw-dropper. "What is it you need found? You folks wouldn't have found or brought me here if you didn't know I can find damn near anything."