Customers Suck!

Customers Suck! (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/index.php)
-   Sucky Customers (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Microwave Mayhem (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/showthread.php?t=121739)

Nunavut Pants 05-06-2019 05:49 PM

Quote:

Quoth taxguykarl (Post 1379838)
It is not unusual for a restaurant portion to be too big to eat at one sitting...

Are you sure you're from Chicagoland? Because that's something I pretty much never heard a Midwesterner say, despite spending most of my first 21 years in IL. :lol:

taxguykarl 05-07-2019 04:50 PM

Quote:

Quoth Nunavut Pants (Post 1379840)
Are you sure you're from Chicagoland? Because that's something I pretty much never heard a Midwesterner say, despite spending most of my first 21 years in IL. :lol:

That is not a rare complaint from Mrs. TGK, while she was born in Illinois she lived a sizable part of her adult life in California.

Nunavut Pants 05-07-2019 05:53 PM

Hahaha!!! Me too... Born in Champoo-Bana, spent time in Chicagoland, now live in Silicon Valley...

CyberLurch 05-07-2019 11:47 PM

I guess it would make sense for the upper-scale hotels to not have microwaves. I think the expectation would be that the guests dine out or (the hotel hopes) order room service.

otakuneko 05-08-2019 01:25 AM

Yeah, the higher tier hotels tend to charge for, or flat out not offer, services that a lot of midgrade "everyman" places give away free. They expect a clientele that is not sensitive to being nickel and dimed, that's not interested in the gauche pastries of a free "continental breakfast" but doesn't blink at plunking down 10 bucks for a "gourmet" muffin, and who'd rather order someone to bring them food than to push a few buttons on a...microwave. How dreadful!

Sparklyturtle 05-11-2019 10:10 PM

This past February I stayed at a motel in Chico, CA that had a frig and a microwave. However, I was expecting to stay with my sister who's got strange eating habits, so I checked that the motel actually provided these things. She didn't get to go, so I had the room to myself, and I did use the microwave and the frig while I was there.

telecom_goddess 05-13-2019 05:41 PM

Quote:

Quoth RealUnimportant (Post 1379779)
I've stayed in some seriously high-class places, and even they only had minifridges and kettles... Microwaves? Hell no!

Oh, there's occasionally an iron or trouser press - I've heard they can be used to make bacon? :D

Actually you use the iron and ironing board to make grilled cheese sandwiches :lol::lol: Who all remembers what film that was in?

Seanette 05-14-2019 02:04 AM

And can't forget the role of the tennis racket in quality mashed potatoes. :lol:

figgyx 05-18-2019 08:33 AM

Every hotel I have stayed at in the last several years have always had microwaves. Even the 60 room one I work at has them.

CyberLurch 05-18-2019 11:49 PM

Quote:

Quoth telecom_goddess (Post 1380037)
Actually you use the iron and ironing board to make grilled cheese sandwiches :lol::lol: Who all remembers what film that was in?

.... and Pop Tarts. and reheating pizza. And heating sandwiches from the deli down the road.
No movie involved learning these. I learned 'em at camp in the 1970s. But I didn't learn them from the counselors....