Customers Suck!

Customers Suck! (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/index.php)
-   Tech help (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   It never ends (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/showthread.php?t=124002)

Eireann 10-23-2020 07:50 PM

It never ends

My PC won't connect to the Internet.

I have reset the network connection multiple times.

I can connect on my phone. My landlord says their Internet is working.

The PC says I'm connected. It says something about the Ipv6 not being connected.

I have tried various fixes. They don't work.

I reinstalled Windows 10. It doesn't work.

I ready to go back to Windows 7. I can't take any more from this fucking thing.

Nunavut Pants 10-23-2020 11:50 PM

Disclaimer: I don't have Win 10, so I am talking in generalities.

In Internet Settings, is there something that says "IPv6" that you can un-check? Or something that says "IPv4" or "ipv4 only" that you can check? It sounds like the programs are trying to use IPv6 but the connection isn't supported somewhere along the way.

Eireann 10-26-2020 07:03 PM

I took the computer to the place where I bought it today (they do repairs and rebuilds as well as sales). The guy found nothing wrong with it.

I took it home. It refused to connect.

The guy at the store sent his colleague out to my place to check it.

The colleague took a look, used his own laptop to try to connect (unsuccessfully), asked me some questions, and...

Shortened the cable.

You see, A Certain Little Kitty around here likes to chew on things, INCLUDING THE M*THERF*CKING CABLE!!!!

So he's the culprit. Now, they're both draped over my feet, as if he'd done nothing wrong.

dalesys 10-26-2020 08:07 PM

Quote:

Quoth Eireann (Post 1393513)
... A Certain Little Kitty around here likes to chew on things...

Gnawty, Gnawty!

Ironclad Alibi 10-26-2020 08:28 PM

Was it a CAT-5 cable?

Just a case of one cat dominating the other.

csquared 10-26-2020 09:01 PM

Quote:

You see, A Certain Little Kitty around here likes to chew on things, INCLUDING THE M*THERF*CKING CABLE!!!!

Years ago, I ran into the same things. Got refferred to a customer who was having issues with their LAN. Three other vendors had been out to fix the problems and failed. Turned out that one of the Shop Dogs had chewed on one of the network cables.

MadMike 10-30-2020 01:50 PM

Quote:

You have a cord chewer too? I've had two -- one cat I used to have (R.I.P. Orange Bastard) and one I have now (Thor aka Fatass.) I keep having to replace phone cords and low-voltage power cords (the thin kind) because he keeps chewing them up. And I usually don't notice until something stops working.

Kristev 10-30-2020 08:26 PM

There are cats, and then there are purranhas.

Arcus 10-31-2020 09:56 AM

Quote:

This is why I always have an extra cable around. You never know when it will be needed... Or why it's needed.

Ironclad Alibi 10-31-2020 09:47 PM

Now I know why they make armored cables.