Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucky sales staff, sucky customers, and no less than three different penises

I think the heatwave here has made everyone crazy. That can be the only explanation for the week I've had. I mean yes, I know it sucks when it's hot, I know you're uncomfortable, I know the whole city smells like rancid beer farts, but let's not take it out on each other, hmm?

Who am I kidding. This wouldn't be Belfast without pointless hostility and grudges.

TL;DR: People are dicks

If I don't respond to a question or when you say "excuse me", then don't start screaming at me/just shove me out of the way and give me the evil eye... why not try, I don't know, coming round and addressing my face rather than my back?

It's got to the point where I have to explain to strangers that I've gone almost completely deaf in my right ear (thanks to a misspent youth of rock shows and festivals and giant speakers within a foot of said ear) because no one seems to be willing to give anyone else the benefit of the doubt.

Does anyone else have this problem?

The Day Of The Three Penises

Has anyone else ever seen no less than THREE penises belonging to complete strangers in a single day?

(NB: Sheldon, if you are reading this, you are obviously exempt from this question. )

Penis The First: While walking into the town, I turned down an alleyway to cut through to Boots... and promptly interrupted a drunk man peeing behind a bunch of bins. Nice. I wish I could say it was the first time this had happened, but it's not. It's not even the first time this WEEK... in fact, it happens enough that there is strict etiquette around such a situation. Eyes should be averted, no words should be exchanged, and no one should break step or even hesitate - in other words, pretend you saw nothing.

This drunk did not follow said etiquette.

Drunk: *steps back from bins, waving penis* Ayyyyy lovie, what youse think of this, huh?
    Me: *eyebrow raise* Cold, is it?
    Drunk:

And then he peed on his shoes.

Penis The Second: In Poundland, I was picking out the usual plethora of travel items, when I felt a tug on the back of my skirt. There was this little kid standing there, maybe about three years old, big blue eyes, messy brown hair... and COMPLETELY NAKED.

Me:
    Boy: Hihi!
    Me: Uh... *crouches down to his level and strategically positions bag to shield the poor kid a little from the main thoroughfare* where's your mummy and daddy, sweetheart?
    Boy: They went away. *grins* I went weewee in the sweets.
    Me:

(Poundland has many, many sweets, and I pity the poor person who found wherever it was this kid went "weewee.")

Boy: Then I showed that lady my peepee. *grins more*

Oh good, this just keeps getting better and better. I sighed, grabbed the kid's hand, and started looking for a sales assistant.

Enter Man.

Man: Hey, that's my son! Get away from him!
    Me: This is your son? (because I can think of 101 things I want to do to you if he is, you neglectful douche.)
    Man: Yes, he's my son! Give him to me! *reaches out for the boy, who cowers behind me*
    Me: OK. *picks up boy and covers him with bag* Can you prove you're his father?
    Man: What the hell do you mean, PROVE I'M HIS FATHER?
    Me: Well, he doesn't seem to like you all that much...
    Man: FUCK, just GIVE HIM TO ME RIGHT NOW YOU BITCH, I-
    Boy:
    Me: Look, as far as I know, a man I've never met has come up to a little naked kid in a store and tried to take him away. You could be his father, or you could be a sicko. Either way, unless you can show me something like a photograph that proves he's your kid, you're not taking him. *grabs passing assistant and gets him to page security*

This one I did not care for at all. That isn't to say I enjoy drunks waving their dicks at me, more that it raised uncomfortable questions with me about what exactly is going on in this kid's life. For one thing, who the hell lets their tiny toddler out in public, let alone LETS HIM LOOSE IN A SHOP, while he's COMPLETELY BUTT NAKED???

Hell's bells.

Penis The Third: Before heading home, I stopped into one of the local shopping centres to use the loos. There are some much quieter ones on the ground floor, which is nice because I have a weird thing about peeing when other people can hear me... but it does also kind of leave you open to stuff like this.

Me: *walks into bathroom*

There was a man PEEING IN THE GODDAMN SINK.

Me: ...What the hell are you doing?????
    Man: Gerrout o' here youse in the men's!
    Me: No, YOU are in the LADIES.
    Man: FUCK YOUSE THE LADIES DON'T HAVE NO URINALS
    Me: No, but that doesn't change the fact that this IS the Ladies, and YOU'RE peeing in a sink.
    Man: *looks around* *yanks up zip and runs*
    Me:

Bonus cat story!

A couple days back, my cat Francis got into the cupboard and into a box. Said box promptly slipped (the cupboard is not organised. Rather than the neat stacks I aspire to, the boxes resemble some twisted storage version of Jenga) and fell inside another box. This short-circuited the poor cat's tiny mind and he spent the next TWO HOURS howling to be let out... while I had to to dig my way through the piles of junk to find out where the hell he'd managed to trap himself

Well, fuck you too

One of my many stops on my epic mission for cheap travel items was M&S, sainted land of large cup sizes and small back sizes and, in this case, modest swimwear (I don't just mean any bathing suit that isn't a tiny string bikini thing that your ass hangs out of, I mean bathing suits that cover more than the average sundress.) Now, I have bikinis. In fact, I have five, which is a ridiculous number for someone who lives in a country where the number of sunny days per year can be counted on one hand, but that is irrelevant. What IS relevant is that I am visiting a very modest, religious area (Gaza) and while I do intend to go to the beach one day with my host's family, that doesn't mean it's T&A o'clock.

After a hunt around, I find a black one-piece suit with a flared mini skirt attached and a high backline. Perfect. Clutching my prize, I head to the fitting room, take the number card from the assistant, and-

Assistant: Nice swimsuit.
    Me: Thanks? (NB this swimsuit was good for what I needed, but was in no way nice)
    Assistant: They're great if you don't have the figure for a bikini.
    Me:

I mean, really? Yes, I'm not a stick, but I'm also not a heifer. I mainly go to M&S because I have giant recalcitrant boobs that tend to break free of any bra of less-than-solid construction! The suit was UK12 (US8)! That's NORMAL! And more to the point, even if I was a size 00 or 50, it's not your place to comment on it! It's NO ONE'S PLACE, unless they are specifically asked their opinion, and even then only if they are close to the suit-wearer!

Bitch.

I'm sure there was more, but my housemate is bitching me out because her computer is broken and I said we could watch Malcolm in the Middle on my computer. Sigh. If I remember any more, I'll post them in the comments.

Anyway, soon, I shall be in Gaza, and I'm sure there are SCs there too... so tune in next week and I should have some good stories for you
    "Asking an Irish girl to tone it down a notch is about the same as asking a wolf to leave the sheep alone. Good luck with that. " - Jester, about me

Good on ya for not turning the rugger over to random stranger.

Five bikinis? Sounds about right - one for each day of the year you can use one. . .

Comment

Does anyone else have this problem?
      One of my old supervisors ... I think English was his second language. So sometimes I didn't always understand what he was saying (plus he mumbled). Even worse was when he tried to mumble something at me while facing away from me.

His usual response was to snap at me to clean out my ears. I think he'd have written me up if I'd said what I was thinking back at him though... ("Learn to talk and I won't have to!") Usually I just pointed out that if he wants me to understand him he can face me at least.

three
      Nope. Not live at least (I don't count videos). Not even when I watched boylesque (boy burlesque acts).

bikini comments
      All I can think is ... what a good time to say back, "Oh so you have this suit too eh?"

Comment

Oy, seeing one penis uninvited is too many, but three?

Excellent response to Penis #1, though.
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Marlowe View Post
          Me: ...What the hell are you doing?????
          Man: Gerrout o' here youse in the men's!
          Me: No, YOU are in the LADIES.
          Me: No, but that doesn't change the fact that this IS the Ladies, and YOU'RE peeing in a sink.
          Sounds like the man in question:

A) is drunk.

B) hasn't been to "welcome centers" for a particular state. They have 3 bathrooms, with no fixed signs - instead they have a pocket where a sign can be inserted, with the signs being "Men", "Women", and "Closed for cleaning". Since any of the 3 bathrooms can be assigned to either men or women, all 3 are equipped with both urinals and tampon vending machines.

For example, it's time to clean the men's room. The "Men" sign is put onto the former "Closed for cleaning", and "Closed for cleaning" is put on the former men's room. Once they finish cleaning it, and need to clean the women's room, the washroom that had been "Men" the last time it was open becomes the new women's washroom.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
            Sounds like the man in question:

A) is drunk.
            He was. Very. The smell off that guy could have pickled an ox at thirty paces. Of course, it is possible he chose to bathe in the alcohol to try and hide the odour of sweat, evil, and old farts, in which case I must salute his originality.... but even if that was the case, he failed. And adding the booze smell to the mix just made it that much more awful.

Incidentally, there are some bathrooms at a bar near there where four doors (cleaning closet, men's, women's, exit door) open out into one small square room, with the exit door back to the bar opposite the cleaning closet door. All the doors are mirrored (and I do mean ALL the doors... I have to cover my eyes while using the bathrooms at that bar because I am so put off by the full length image of myself upon the throne)... which I assume led to this:

I'm in the women's bathroom washing my hands when I hear screams. This is nothing unusual for Belfast, or indeed for this bar - the chefs fight with razor-sharp implements on a regular basis over the smallest of infractions. Then the screams become sobbing cries for God and salvation. And the bathroom door starts rattling.

Curiosity piqued, I open the door... to see this red-faced, hysterical guy running in circles screaming "I'M TRAPPED OH GOD I'M TRAPPED OH LORD SAVE ME THERE'S NO WAY OUT" etc etc over and over.

Me: Uh... sir?
            Man:
            Me: Sir? SIR!
            Man: ... Wha?
            Me: Sir, are you alright?
            Man: Where... did you come from?
            Me: ...the bathroom?
            Man: Do you... do you know the Way Back? (seriously, it was said in these tones )
            Me: ...Yes. Yes I do.

And I led him back to the bar. He was very happy and told his friends I had saved his life... then twenty minutes later he passed out in a corner and they put him in a cab. I kind of wish he'd sobered up a little before that so I could try and understand where the hell his brain went in those few minutes...

Quoth wolfie View Post
            B) hasn't been to "welcome centers" for a particular state. They have 3 bathrooms, with no fixed signs
            They had those in a bathroom in Serbia I went to. That place was a nightmare bathroom-wise. I read Cyrillic, and I speak reasonable Serbian (bit rusty now though) but the kind of Serbian I spoke was the standardised version, not this evidently local dialect (it was about two-three hours out of Belgrade.) I went to that bar a LOT while I was there (come on, it was a fake Irish bar in SERBIA! How could I NOT go there??) and lost count of the number of times I walked in on one or more men taking a hearty piss in the trough on the adjacent wall

I'm just hoping I don't do that in Israel/Palestine... I mean, some of the places I'll be I have to wear a hijab and they segregate buses, heaven knows what'll happen if I invade the men's bathroom
            "Asking an Irish girl to tone it down a notch is about the same as asking a wolf to leave the sheep alone. Good luck with that. " - Jester, about me

Comment

Quoth Marlowe View Post
              Penis The First:

And then he peed on his shoes.
              I don't care who you are, that is GOLD right there.

Penis The Second:
              To answer your question, I believe you need to look at the URL of this website.

Bonus cat story!
              Poor kitty. Although cat jenga sounds like a fun game

Well, fuck you too
              [/QUOTE]

I have a feeling that she was TRYING to make a compliment about the swimsuit, but it came out wrong. I'm also another one who prefers one-pieces or tankinis to bikinis both due to my knockers (18/40E) and the fact that I prefer to cover up.
              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Marlowe View Post
                Anyway, soon, I shall be in Gaza, and I'm sure there are SCs there too... so tune in next week and I should have some good stories for you
                What are you doing with all your cats while you're gone?
                Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
                  What are you doing with all your cats while you're gone?

My housemate is going to babysit. I'll only be gone for ten days, but I'm going to put my pyjama top on my pillow before I go so Mr Francis can snuggle up to it... he is such a momma's boy

Comment

Quoth Marlowe View Post
                    Penis The Second:
                    Enter Man.

Man: Hey, that's my son! Get away from him!
                    Me: This is your son? (because I can think of 101 things I want to do to you if he is, you neglectful douche.)
                    Man: Yes, he's my son! Give him to me! *reaches out for the boy, who cowers behind me*
                    Me: OK. *picks up boy and covers him with bag* Can you prove you're his father?
                    Man: What the hell do you mean, PROVE I'M HIS FATHER?
                    Me: Well, he doesn't seem to like you all that much...
                    Man: FUCK, just GIVE HIM TO ME RIGHT NOW YOU BITCH, I-
                    Boy:
                    Me: Look, as far as I know, a man I've never met has come up to a little naked kid in a store and tried to take him away. You could be his father, or you could be a sicko. Either way, unless you can show me something like a photograph that proves he's your kid, you're not taking him. *grabs passing assistant and gets him to page security*

This one I did not care for at all. That isn't to say I enjoy drunks waving their dicks at me, more that it raised uncomfortable questions with me about what exactly is going on in this kid's life. For one thing, who the hell lets their tiny toddler out in public, let alone LETS HIM LOOSE IN A SHOP, while he's COMPLETELY BUTT NAKED???
                    I wonder how this episode ended? Did security save the naked kid from the evil man?
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Well not exactly urinals but ... I did have one ladies room that had a troth thing sticking out of the wall, but still in stalls. Dunno why - it was just a small indoor sports field house.

when we were in a hurry we'd just hover and pee.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                        Well not exactly urinals but ... I did have one ladies room that had a troth thing sticking out of the wall, but still in stalls. Dunno why - it was just a small indoor sports field house.

when we were in a hurry we'd just hover and pee.

I took a train in Russia, and the train's sole bathroom (with a long-distance overcrowded train full of people, you can just imagine what that thing was like) was basically a hole in the floor of the car with the tracks visible underneath. Just looking down that thing made me dizzy. Plus, as you might imagine, the train was VERY shaky. And there were no grab rails. (and even if there were, there was no way in hell I'd be touching those things.)

I managed to last almost 18 hours before I just HAD to pee. And after that, every bathroom, however horrific, has paled in comparison.

Actually, except the horrific one me and my friend found at a carpark near Snoqualmie, WA. It was basically what looked like an overturned white trash can painted white, over a drop pit, in a tin shack. It had flies circling over the bowl, and it looked APPALLING. I decided to just take my chances and pee in the woods.

(And here is said Snoqualmie bathroom, in all its horrendous glory...)

(Incidentally, that is not me. That is my far-hotter-than-me friend Jackie. I... did not want to touch the door of that hell toilet. Also, that brown stuff you see in the white cylinder thing where you're meant to sit? That's... not rust. )

Comment

Quoth Marlowe View Post
                          I... did not want to touch the door of that hell toilet.
                          lol - I notice Jackie doesn't want to much either - she's doing the pulled down sleeve grab there.
                          Hope she burned the hoodie later...

Comment

Quoth Marlowe View Post

Actually, except the horrific one me and my friend found at a carpark near Snoqualmie, WA. It was basically what looked like an overturned white trash can painted white, over a drop pit, in a tin shack. It had flies circling over the bowl, and it looked APPALLING. I decided to just take my chances and pee in the woods.
                            Meh, I've seen worse. Done my business in worse, too.

You get used to it when you visit national parks on vacation.
                            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

"(NB: Sheldon, if you are reading this, you are obviously exempt from this question. )"

Well, I never!
                              "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Working...
                              X