Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013 Christmas Card Exchange is over! Hope you had fun!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay I'm in. Managed to sort it and the sign-up appeared somehow. Must have just been a loading glitch
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Reminder: Final day to sign up for the 2013 Christmas Card Exchange event!

So far, patiokitty, BookstoreEscapee, Peppergirl, ParkingWitch, ArcticChicken, DaisyQueen, taxguykarl, EricKei, Elspeth, bhskittykatt, Pixi_kitty, PastryGal, TawnyMyst, Pixilated, DGoddessChardonnay, KatherineB, Trixie, protege, Carina16, Sarlon, Monica, Irving Patrick Freleigh, Kanalah, celticgrl, Bandit, HawaiianShirts, worddork, bonilaur, smileyeagle1021, Ironclad Alibi, morgana, Kiwi, lupo pazzesco, MistressOfTangents, MadMike, Kit-Ginevra has joined.
      Automated Poster for the Pep Squad!

PM BookstoreEscapee, Pedersen, or one of the mods. I'm not real!

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
        Maybe we can send him a caramel onion...

Jester would probably enjoy a caramel garlic...
        *Gasp* don't you know the sort of cruelty that caramellized fruits and veggies have to go through every day? That's why we here at People for the Ethical Treatment of Comestibles want your donation, a mere 99% of which will go to our executives, to help raise awareness of this issue, and fight the problem.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
          Yay I'm in. Managed to sort it and the sign-up appeared somehow. Must have just been a loading glitch
          Glad to hear you made it.
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

And Amina sneaks in there just under the wire!
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Announcement: Signups have closed for the 2013 Christmas Card Exchange event.

You have until November 02, 2013 to change your mind, and opt out of this event.

As of now, patiokitty, BookstoreEscapee, Peppergirl, ParkingWitch, ArcticChicken, DaisyQueen, taxguykarl, EricKei, Elspeth, bhskittykatt, Pixi_kitty, PastryGal, TawnyMyst, Pixilated, DGoddessChardonnay, KatherineB, Trixie, protege, Carina16, Sarlon, Monica, Irving Patrick Freleigh, Kanalah, celticgrl, Bandit, HawaiianShirts, worddork, bonilaur, smileyeagle1021, Ironclad Alibi, morgana, Kiwi, lupo pazzesco, MistressOfTangents, MadMike, Kit-Ginevra, Amina516 have joined the list.
              Automated Poster for the Pep Squad!

PM BookstoreEscapee, Pedersen, or one of the mods. I'm not real!

Comment

OK, folks...sign ups are closed. If you wanted to but didn't, well, better luck next year.

We have 37 people on the list, which means everyone has to send 36 cards.

28 are in the US
                6 are in Canada
                1 is in Australia
                2 are in the United Kingdom

If you think this is too much for your finances, or want to bow out for any other reason, you have until this Saturday, November 2 to do it.

To opt out, click here.
                1. Log in (as you did when you signed up).
                2. Click on "2013 Christmas Card Exchange" (see image #2 in the first post in this thread if you need a visual aid)
                3. Where it said "Sign up" before, you should instead see links to (Update Address) and (Opt-Out Of This List). Don't click the opt-out link unless you really mean it, cuz you won't get back in if you do.
                Once the opt-out period closes, "Pep Squad" will post a note in this thread and the list will be sent as a pdf to your email address (you can print on standard 30-to-a-sheet address labels). If you do not receive the list, check your spam folder, and if it's still not there, send me a PM with your email address and I will forward it to you.
                Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 10-28-2013, 02:43 PM.
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                  And Amina sneaks in there just under the wire!
                  Do the Limbo Rock, Knurse Kn........
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                    Do the Limbo Rock, Knurse Kn........
                    It's what I'm known for!lol. Ok, not so much. I suck at limbo, especially limbo on roller skates.

In any case, I somehow missed this thread until late yesterday. Glad I could sneak in. I love getting the cards for all over.

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
                      ... I suck at limbo, especially limbo on roller skates.
                      Blame Canada the buffalo herd!
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I'm sure Amina would be a super little limboer...apart from a couple of bumps :P
                        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Just ordered cards to be printed. This will be my first year. I'm not artistically inclined enough to make them by hand, but I did design them!
                          Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                            Blame Canada the buffalo herd!
                            One of the more bizarre videos I've seen on Youtube. No plans on bathing in a birdcage anytime soon.

Comment

*whistles merrily and putters about in his glitter-proof outfit*

*fires up an audio recording program*

*pauses and addresses the screen*

...What, you didn't think I'd be evil enough to make you listen to Glittermas music before Halloween was over, did you? ^_^ My own, in particular...?
                              Last edited by EricKei; 10-31-2013, 01:02 PM.
                              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                                ...What, you didn't think I'd be evil enough to make you listen to Glittermas music before Halloween was over, did you? ^_^ My own, in particular...?
                                A chain store near my house had "Joy to the World" playing today in their Christmas section as I walked past. At least it was a mash-up of "Joy To The World" that you hear at Christmas (ie "the lord has come, let Earth receive her kin") and the "gospel" one (that goes "joy to all the boys and girls/joy to the fishes in the deep blue sea).
                                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
                                X