This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pure Sucky Driver Ownage

Oh man, I never went from being so pissed off and near death to absolute hysterics in my entire life.

So I park my car at work today and decide to walk about a block and a half down to the 7-11 for some wonderful sugar and caffeine.

I stand at the crosswalk and see the little green man that tells me it is okay to cross. I get almost all the way across when a douchewaffle with his cell phone surgically implanted into his ear decides to turn right against the red, nearly pancaking me in the process. I literally leap backwards. What does he do? BLOWS HIS HORN, ROLLS DOWN HIS WINDOW and YELLS AT ME!

Him: Hey asshole, get out of the road!

Me: I have a green crosswalk you asshole, you are supposed to yield to me, but since you have that phone in your ear your dumb ass wasn't paying attention, so this is YOUR FAULT! (I am mad, and scared at the same time seeing as how I almost got ran over).

What does he do? He RAMS HIS GAS to give me the "attitude" peel away and sticks his middle finger out the window as he is driving away.

Only the finger he stuck out the window also happened to be clenched to his cell phone...........which he dropped into the street........and it immediately got run over by the car behind him

I walk off laughing as he continues to speed away as there is no way he can stop and pick up his wittle squishey wishied phone

Instant car-ma. Gotta love it.

Comment

Soooo awesome. Only way it could have been better would be if the police had pulled him over right after!
      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

I was so waiting for the..."And the car he cut off as he tried to right on red was a cop car...." but losing the cell phone is better....I think.

Comment

If only it hadn't gotten run over. You could've ransomed it back to him, grinning all the while. >:-D You'd know his name and address and everything, with enough research.
          SC: "Are you new or something?"
          Me: "Yes. Your planet is very backwards I hope you realize."

Comment

I guess this could be called Phoneage.
            "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth slavetotheman View Post
              Instant car-ma. Gotta love it.
              Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
              I guess this could be called Phoneage.
              Oh god, the puns. They burn.
              "Honestly officer, he asked for a shot and I gave him one. Why do you need the handcuffs?" - MannersMakethMan

Comment

Quoth KMMCurly View Post
                Oh god, the puns. They burn.
                Kind of an eyesore, aren't they?
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                  Kind of an eyesore, aren't they?
                  I'm more of a sigh whore.
                  "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

hah yeah, there is never a cop around when you need one. Oh well, his phone is in itty bitty pieces. That's all that matters to me

Comment

There are a number of intersections here -- especially within the city proper -- where you cannot turn right on Red. It's one of the few traffic laws they make a point to enforce. I assume they have something similar there?

Then again, some of those NRTOR's are indirectly "enforced" by the presence of streetcar tracks -- they don't exactly stop on a dime
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

"Traffic Lights Enforced By 25-ton Rail Vehicle."

Comment

The main intersection in my town needs one of those signs...although it would probably result in more morons deciding to "test" the theory.
                          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

A couple months ago there was an accident here where 4 kids were killed by a train. Alot of people were ready to blame the train driver when there was video from a nearby business that showed cars stopped and the rocket scientist driver pulling around those cars. The resulting video looked like one of those shark movies where you see the fish swimming and the shark come from out of nowhere. And then Amtrak released the cab video which clearly shows the gates down and the car driving around them. So even when everything is working you still have morons.

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
                              A couple months ago there was an accident here where 4 kids were killed by a train. Alot of people were ready to blame the train driver when there was video from a nearby business that showed cars stopped and the rocket scientist driver pulling around those cars. The resulting video looked like one of those shark movies where you see the fish swimming and the shark come from out of nowhere. And then Amtrak released the cab video which clearly shows the gates down and the car driving around them. So even when everything is working you still have morons.
                              For those of you who haven't seen the video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOPtw5ZLX_c . Impact is 11 seconds into the tape,
                              emergency brakes go on immediately, dynamics kick in a couple seconds later, train finally halts at :55. That's 44 seconds from 70 miles an hour to stop, which is pretty damn good for a train. The report said nobody in the train was injured, but they're lucky nobody was in the restroom having a piss at the time, or waiting for his order in the cafe car, as they'd have gone flying when the brakes went on.

You know who I feel sorry for? The engineer of the train. He's doing his job, minding his business, when this moron (driving on a suspended license, according to the reports) drives out in front of him, and there's not a damned thing he can do but sit there and watch. Not to mention that poor conductor who had to walk around the train and see what was left of the five people in the car. (at 2:19 into the tape).

I remember an interview (in TRAINS magazine) with an anonymous engineer who said he refuses to feel guilty if/when he hits someone, which he'd done four times in his career. His attitude was, he owns the piece of real estate his train is running on, he declares that ownership by virtue of the flashing lights, the horn, the bells, the gates, and all the rest of the safety equipment. Nobody but he has the right to be there until he's done with it, and anyone who gets in his way is a tresspasser and has nobody to blame but his own self. Callous? No, realistic. Can't beat yourself up for something that you couldn't prevent.

Comment

Working...
                              X