Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mytical, I wish more customers understood that. If you can't pay then, don't commit. I'd love to trust people more, but there are too many scammers and deadbeats in society (and I honestly think my non-payer was one of the latter rather than the former), not to mention people who think they can pay until a month later when they suddenly have to pay for car trouble or something and the money dries up.

My biggest problem with my problem customer was that up until that point, her feedback had been pretty good. Within a three-month span of when she stopped talking to me and I canceled and gave her a neutral (she was good with communication to that point, and not sucky in attitude), she suddenly got a rash of neutrals and negatives that dropped her from a 90%-something rating to 50% because she told the same story to other people and didn't pay for items she'd committed to buy. The saddest feedback had to be the seller who left a positive with the note that the item would be shipped once the money order arrived (I suspect there was no money order to be seen in that transaction).

Quoth Kanalah View Post
    Koga, (can I call you Koga?)
    You know, I haven't had anyone ask to shorten my handle before. Why not?
    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
    - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
      Don't even get me started on the ones who order something custom made, get exactly what they ask for, ask for a new one/try to cancel then turn around and say "Since you won't be able to sell that one, I'll take it for <ridiculously low price>" I've seen people do that with Paint (among other things) a LOT.
      this occurs in the food biz too. customer suddenly is not home or can not come up with the money or only has a large bill for a small order or some dimwit accosts you and tries to get you to sell them a pizza at a huge discount. NOPE no happening. bye bye scammer
      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
        Don't even get me started on the ones who order something custom made, get exactly what they ask for, ask for a new one/try to cancel then turn around and say "Since you won't be able to sell that one, I'll take it for <ridiculously low price>" I've seen people do that with Paint (among other things) a LOT.
        When I worked in the (now non-existent) paint dept at my store, I had a couple come in and order several gallons of our most expensive paint (at the time, was like $28 a gallon for semi-gloss and well worth it) about half an hour before the end of my shift (around 10:30pm). Now, I was really the best paint mixer there and could match pretty much anything given to me exactly. Man I loved that job. Anyway, they got like 12 gallons of paint, all the same color. Two days later they brought it back saying it was way off from the color they had brought in to be matched.

When I saw that, I was pissed. They knew we would mark it down to half price or less and send it to the markdown shelf. So I took each can and added just enough tint to each one (a different color per can) to make it look like shit when they painted it on the wall unless they mixed all the cans together first.

Guess what was gone when I came in the day after that? LOL I hope, really strongly hope, that they have subtle but noticeable stripes on their walls.

I hate seeing people rip my store off.

Comment

Two days later they brought it back saying it was way off from the color they had brought in to be matched.
          You guys take custom paint back? Or is it just a case-by-case thing?

One of my friends former BFs was a real asshole. When one of the big box home improvement stores wouldn't let him return custom paint, he poured it out in front of their store. The gigantic red blotch is still there. I don't miss him at all.
          "You are beginning to damage my calm."

Comment

Quoth Betweenshades View Post
            You guys take custom paint back? Or is it just a case-by-case thing?

One of my friends former BFs was a real asshole. When one of the big box home improvement stores wouldn't let him return custom paint, he poured it out in front of their store. The gigantic red blotch is still there. I don't miss him at all.
            Yes, we did. My store has a 90 day return frame, which is why we were getting used lawn mowers, generators, swimming pools, etc back all the time. And they wonder why they can't make any money.

I do think that's part of the reason why we no longer custom-mix paint. Shoot, we barely carry paint at all now...

Comment

Working...
            X