This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morons d'jour

It's a busy time at my WM we are backed and there are very long lines at the check outs. A service desk employee pages that people with 10 items or less can check out at the service desk. Amoung the people served were these winners.

Woman: I have 10 movies but they should only count as one item because they are all the same type of thing.

Man: I need to make an exchange. I have my reciept.
    SDW: Okay, what are you exchanging?
    Man: It's in the car.
    SDW: You need to bring it in with you.
    Man: But all i wanna do is exchange it!!! I don't want a refund.
    SDW: I still need to scan the item so we can process the exchange.
    Man. Oh. <leaves>

[QUOTE=Crow The Robot;95220]

Woman: I have 10 movies but they should only count as one item because they are all the same type of thing.

QUOTE]

Another one of those people who thinks items can be specified as more than one. Gotta hate those lol!
    Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

Comment

Man: It's in the car.
      SDW: You need to bring it in with you.
      Man: But all i wanna do is exchange it!!! I don't want a refund.
      I'm still trying to figure out the logic in this. Exchange usually works on the principle that you give the store an item you don't want in exchange for an item that you do want. If you don't bring the unwanted item with you...well, no new item for you.
      --Kim--

“It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane.” Philip K. Dick

Comment

I get people all the time wanting to exchange something, and when they come to me they haven't even picked out what they wanna get. duh, what am i supposed to do? pull something out of my ass for you? come up to the counter with what you're returning AND what you're getting in it's place. I am not here to babysit something that you don't even want.
        Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Quoth katie kaboom View Post
          I get people all the time wanting to exchange something, and when they come to me they haven't even picked out what they wanna get. duh, what am i supposed to do? pull something out of my ass for you? come up to the counter with what you're returning AND what you're getting in it's place. I am not here to babysit something that you don't even want.
          We do that for people. Usually people will come up with a return and the first thing we ask is if they want to get something else. If they do we'll hold it while they shop. Some people also just bring it up first, either because they don't want us to think they are stealing or they just don't want to carry it around (especially if it's a large item). Ideally, the person taking it will get their name and write it on a post-it so we don't lose it. We have been known to reshelve unlabaled returns because the cashier set it aside with no indication that it is waiting for exchange.
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I had a guy try to exchange a box of 2 month past date cakes that
            A) We don't even sell here;
            B) Swore he bought it "last week" despite it being 2 months old and growing more hair than him;
            C) Looked at me like I sprouted an arm offa my forehead when I asked him for a receipt;
            D) Ate 3 cakes out of the box (that he bought "last week" remember) never noticed the Moses beard on them, never noticed the date despite it being as big as my two thumbs.

He ended up getting a refund because he wouldn't listen to a word I said so I sent him to the head cashier. He's a snooty idiot, so I figured If the customer wanted to screw somebody over, might as well screw over someone with his own IQ level.
            Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

See, at our store, we need you bring the item your returning or exchaging to the Guest Service Counter first. Mostly because we can't get most people to understand that once you open a new CD, you can only exchange it for the exact same CD. No, this doesn't mean another title, you twits! See, if there was actually something wrong with the CD you just bought, why wouldn't you want another copy of it? Unless, you say, oh, burned yourself a copy. That's just slightly illegal, you maroon!
              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Shironu-Akaineko View Post
                He ended up getting a refund because he wouldn't listen to a word I said so I sent him to the head cashier. He's a snooty idiot, so I figured If the customer wanted to screw somebody over, might as well screw over someone with his own IQ level.
                Your HEAD cashier refunded that?
                ...but I'm a bastard and so desensitized to the scum of humanity that I'm immune to the Stun status effect.
                Quoth Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Cesii View Post
                  Your HEAD cashier refunded that?
                  If the store owner would have been there, he would have broken store policy and gave him a new box of cakes.

Heck, we actually exchange chicken from IGA! We're Provigo!
                  "But your policy is to exchange the chicken when we don't like it!"

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

come up to the counter with what you're returning AND what you're getting in it's place. I am not here to babysit something that you don't even want.
                    Personally? I'll make a return for a gift card, and go wandering afterward, I don't always know what I'm in the mood for.
                    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth HALFHUMANHALFZOMBIE View Post
                      Quoth Crow The Robot View Post

Another one of those people who thinks items can be specified as more than one. Gotta hate those lol!
                      This strip and the next 2 illustrate this quite amusingly. EDIT: Language warning
                      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Shironu-Akaineko View Post
                        I had a guy try to exchange a box of 2 month past date cakes that
                        A) We don't even sell here;
                        B) Swore he bought it "last week" despite it being 2 months old and growing more hair than him;
                        C) Looked at me like I sprouted an arm offa my forehead when I asked him for a receipt;
                        D) Ate 3 cakes out of the box (that he bought "last week" remember) never noticed the Moses beard on them, never noticed the date despite it being as big as my two thumbs.

Please edit quotes

For someone to be so ignorant and return spoiled food products I mean that's disgusting. I would explain to the manager.. Even the store manager if that's necessary if a CSM or a Head Cashier okays a disgusting return. How are these buttnuggets raised to keep shit in their house for several weeks and RETURN IT to the store!
                        Last edited by Ree; 03-17-2007, 06:29 PM. Reason: Editing irrelevant parts out of quote
                        Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

Comment

Quoth HALFHUMANHALFZOMBIE View Post
                          For someone to be so ignorant and return spoiled food products I mean that's disgusting.

Please edit quotes
                          We return chicken from the other grocery store because we like to buttkiss.
                          Also, nobody above the age of 20 can hear my voice in the store.

Me I wanna see these peoples' house for them to think it's okay to return tribbles labeled as Triple Choco Extreme cakes.

Another man tried to return a spoiled pot pie and was surprised to discover that "oh, you can't leave them on the counter for 3 months? they spoil?" Then tried to grab a free one. Since it was a male he was dealing with, he listened and let go.

Being 5'2" and "adorable" sucks [Primate spheres].
                          Last edited by Ree; 03-17-2007, 06:30 PM. Reason: Editing irrelevant parts out of quote

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                            This strip and the next 2 illustrate this quite amusingly.

Please edit quotes
                            Holy carp! I've been looking sooo long for that comic strip... it just kinda fell off the face of the net. Thank you, thank you, thankyouthankyouthankyou! *major hugs*
                            Last edited by Ree; 03-17-2007, 06:28 PM. Reason: Editing irrelevant parts out of quote
                            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Oh well

Please stop refunding goods like this, it just makes us all SUFFER even more
                              ...but I'm a bastard and so desensitized to the scum of humanity that I'm immune to the Stun status effect.
                              Quoth Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
                              X