View Single Post

Old 04-02-2017, 07:23 PM
The Hero CS Deserves

Ugh. Were you able to capture any video/a screenshot or any other info to help tack it down? ^_^;>

PS, In the meantime, please allow me to make a suggestion -- for everybody. Snag the free version of SpyBot: Search & Destroy, run the updates, and then run "Immunization." It sets up blacklists in certain browsers (IE/Edge and FF, unsure which others) and in your Windows HOSTS file which cause ads & popups from known malicious sites to simply redirect to "localhost" as their source...so, even if your browsers doesn't have its popup blocker turned on, the worst you'll get from a blacklisted site is a completely empty popup window. This would explain why I've never seen any such problematic ads, myself The spyware scanner itself is quite helpful, as well.

SpyBot itself is true freeware, no ads, no limited uses/expiration, no hidden "helper" programs (from what I've seen), etc., just make sure to DL it via Safer Networking, their publisher (link below). Worst it'll do is show a plain box attached to the main window offering an upgrade.

Worth a shot!

https://www.safer-networking.org/

"Sexual intellectuals. They're f@%#ing know-it-alls" - Chuck Yeager
"Good men don't need rules; today is not the day to find out why I have so many." - The Doctor
"[Friendship,] like philosophy, like art, like the universe itself … has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival.” ~ C. S. Lewis

Last edited by EricKei; 04-02-2017 at 07:31 PM.