This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love Cracked.com

They've made me laugh many times, but I've never seen one that outlines how I feel sometimes until today.

It's a list of 8 small things including a stranger's hug, a puppy's lick, or a song on the radio that has prevented people from ending their own lives.
    I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

It's a wonderful article. The link should be posted all over the net. There are so many people who could benefit from reading it.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Good stories. But I am reminded of people who use the threat of suicide to get what they want, or do it to get attention/act-out/etc. The people who aren't serious about it, but see it as a way to mess with other people. Grrrr.
      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

the part about the roommate and the firing pin = hmm there seems to be some dust in my eye.

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
          Good stories. But I am reminded of people who use the threat of suicide to get what they want, or do it to get attention/act-out/etc. The people who aren't serious about it, but see it as a way to mess with other people. Grrrr.
          Unfortunately that is how I have appeared in the past when I have been suicidal-that is, I've acted out, or used it for attention. I haven't intentionally done it with those aims however, I have seriously wanted to die before. I now have something to live for.

Amazing article though.

ETA: The guy at No. 2 has appeared in magazines before around Australia. Every so often, they'll do a story on Lifeline or similar and he was featured in one of them.
          Last edited by fireheart; 09-04-2011, 01:53 AM.
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I take it this thread is stickied to act as the Cracked Round-up CS-Style?
            if so... then...
            AwwwwYEEEAHHHHHH~
            Criminals, who turned into HEROES.
            *guitar-riff*
            Last edited by teh_blumchenkinder; 09-04-2011, 11:54 PM. Reason: ... *cough*
            "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
            "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Okay, I like this one.

http://www.cracked.com/article_19431...n-experts.html

I didn't know about number 3. Kind of neat with that.
              I AM the evil bastard!
              A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

... no wonder captchas are obscure, difficult to read, and generally a pain in my ass. >_> neat crowd-sourcing, I say!
                "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Okay, the captchas is pretty cool, but one thing doesn't make sense to me.. If you are translating words for the computer - how does the computer know when you put the wrong thing?

Comment

I suspect it compiles results from many people and chooses the most common returned result.

Rapscallion

Comment

I like this one.

Especially the pizza twinkie sammich.
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

http://www.cracked.com/article/181_t...-places-earth/

Do not read with the light off... and unless you (like me) have a strong stomach, do not click on the link for the suicide forest blog!
                        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Want to write your own version of 50 Shades Of Crap? Here's how!

http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-tips-t...o-best-seller/
                          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                          My DeviantArt.

Comment

http://www.cracked.com/photoplasty_5...ldhood_p24/#24
                            Here's a bunch of things that will ruin your childhood. Good read.
                            "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

I'mma just leave this here.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-moment...test-american/
                              My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Working...
                              X