Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I lurked for about two years before joining this site. I learned a lot about the members here, and about general human nature.
    Plaidman was a good man. I don't make value judgements on people as a thing unless it's fairly obvious and fairly consistent. Name-calling I can toss off... value judgments are a lot touchier-- and even then... .
    Good men deserve better than what he got; I will pray that his soul has found peace.
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

• My heart goes out to Driver's family and friends. Anything I can say would be inadequate in the face the loss of a son, a brother...

My faith believes that prayer can speed a soul to paradise. Driver's soul was beautiful and good. He was of comfort to me during time of distress as he was for so many others. Doubtless the journey home for him will be short but I am praying for him.

May the angels guide you and bring you into paradise;
      And may the saints come forth to welcome you home.
      May the angel chorus sing to welcome you;
      And may you have everlasting rest.
      The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

• I think what hurts me the most is that in the past couple weeks, he seemed more...I don't know, happy? Jovial? Maybe I was just misreading things and I wish I had noticed something.
        "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

• Damn....I didnt know Plaid well, but he was such a kind soul. May he find peace.

My heart goes out to his friends and family
          "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
          "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

• I have been a member of this site for quite sometime and although I do not post often, I do come on here everyday to read posts so i have become familiar with everyone here. I have read every post by Plaidman and he was such a nice person yet troubled, I know that he just wanted love and acceptance and I know he was well loved by many members here. We are a community who accepts people for who they are as a person, and for that I am grateful. I am saddened that Plaidman felt this was the only way for him but he will never be forgotten in the hearts and minds of this community! RIP

Comment

• I will always regret that I didn't get to know him better.

He was always trying to help people, and I looked up to him for that. I know what it's like to feel all alone. To me he will always be a beautiful, kind and loving person.

RIP Plaidman, you will be missed.
              https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

• RIP Plaidman. I wish I had gotten the chance to know you.
                "There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't."

Comment

• RIP Plaidman, I'm sorry you felt this was the only way

Comment

• Just a heads up - his family said it was OK to make donations to NFNetwrk.org in his name (Driver Liles). I posted it on my FB wall, if you're friends with me feel free to report / share / whatever.

Quoth Greenday View Post
                    I think what hurts me the most is that in the past couple weeks, he seemed more...I don't know, happy? Jovial? Maybe I was just misreading things and I wish I had noticed something.
                    When I saw the news I thought the same exact thing.
                    Quote Dalesys:
                    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

• I've been trying to figure out what to post for a while, now, but it's so very hard to gather up my thoughts and put them together into something worth committing to the ether, and both Ree and Jester have covered the gist of how this makes me feel.

It's just so terribly heartbreaking that this came to pass. My thoughts and prayers go out to him and all of those he left behind who loved him more than he ever realized.

Would someone who can be at the service take him a yellow rose for me?

^-.-^
                      Last edited by Andara Bledin; 06-29-2011, 03:25 PM.
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

• It is a common thing that people who are contemplating suicide tend to seem happier right before they go.

here is a link to the webmd's list of suicide warning behaviors. http://www.webmd.com/depression/guid...gns-of-suicide

Wanted to add....

Please don't beat yourself up over not helping like you wish you could. It is hard to deal with and recognize that someone needs help or that they are contemplating this unless they tell you. Go hug a friend or loved one.
                        Last edited by monolayth; 06-29-2011, 03:38 PM. Reason: wanted to add.
                        My sanity has been dripping out of me my whole life, today they turned on the faucet.....

Comment

• Well, crap.

I didn't know him well enough to know he was suffering from anything. I hope his passing means he's happy and peaceful now <3
                          "You are beginning to damage my calm."

Comment

• RIP Plaidman
                            there's some people with issues that medication, therapy or a baseball bat just can't cure

Comment

• Quoth monolayth View Post
                              It is a common thing that people who are contemplating suicide tend to seem happier right before they go. here is a link to the webmd's list of suicide warning behaviors. http://www.webmd.com/depression/guid...gns-of-suicide Wanted to add.... Please don't beat yourself up over not helping like you wish you could. It is hard to deal with and recognize that someone needs help or that they are contemplating this unless they tell you. Go hug a friend or loved one.
                              Thank you for posting this. I have kept saying, "He seemed fine last I talked to him. Things were going well." That was a couple of weeks ago.
                              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• The first I saw about this was Dave's sig and I got a little confused, then I did a search on the board thinking "nah, can't be" and then I found this, my reaction was pretty much

"Aw FUCK"

Not sure what to say but you'll be missed mate.
                                If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

Working...
                                X