Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers

Old 11-13-2011, 08:03 PM
Cashier

The Overly-Compensated: This SC has a problem with their account and asks if they can be compensated. You check their account and see 60 of credit and a line rental discount for 6 months on there already, but they insist on more and get rude when you decline.

Old 01-12-2012, 09:15 PM
Produce, Cashier, Stock, Dairy

How about this one...

The "Can I See YOUR ID" Guy: The guy who tries to flip the script to avoid showing ID for an alcoholic beverage.

The exchange usually goes like this...

Me: A pack of beer? May I see your ID please?
SC: I'm clearly over 21... What about you? Are you old enough to sell me this in the first place?
Me: *Pulls out ID (Just to humor the guy)* I'm 21 years old... But It's mandatory for us to card ALL customers who buy alcohol regardless of how old they look. May I see your ID please?
SC: Oh... Well I was just making sure... Could you hold on while I go to the car to get my ID?
Me:

Old 01-12-2012, 11:16 PM
Pedestrian of the Apocalypse

Quote:
Quoth EnigmaticNinja3 View Post
How about this one...

The "Can I See YOUR ID" Guy: The guy who tries to flip the script to avoid showing ID for an alcoholic beverage.
How I wish it could go:

J2K: "That's not how this works. We have the booze you want to buy, therefore you have to abide by our rules. If you want your booze, you show your ID."
SC: "If you want my money, you show me YOUR ID."
J2K: "I don't have to. If I don't sell this booze to you, I'll sell it to the next guy to walk in the door, and you know what? I'll bet he'll show his ID without complaint. Want to take that chance?"
SC: "You're a real smart-ass aren't you?"
J2K: "Yup! Thanks for noticing!"

There are only four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Old 03-08-2012, 04:11 AM
Bagger

The Suspiciously Schizophrenic: Patient (or customer) enters pharmacy (any store) vibrating with potential hostile energy, shakily moves through social transactions with complaint after complaint after complaint until: ERUPTION!!! A Catastrophic Schizophrenic-like tirade of all of the ways you (personally), and the store (especially) are stupid, mean, rude, offensive, dishonest, slow, etc., despite meeting all of her needs, and placating her negative attitude & hostility. *Side note* Patient has no history of antipsychotic or antidepressant, sedative prescriptions; hence, the "suspicious schizophrenic".

Old 04-16-2012, 08:18 PM
Cashier

The Walkthrougher: Tells you, step for step, what you're supposed to be doing. It doesn't matter if you didn't ask for it, it doesn't matter how long you've worked here, you are on the other side of the register and need to be told how to do your job.

Related: The I'lltellyouwhat'swrong: Will begin to tell you how you screwed up her (and in my experience, it is always a her) order BEFORE YOU FINISHED MAKING IT. I didn't forget the whipped cream on your Irish Coffee, I had just finished pouring the coffee and was getting the cream from the fridge!!!

Old 07-11-2012, 01:28 PM
Unassuming Radish

Best Buddy: At my store, this guy is in a mobility scooter so he's more or less easy to spot. Thinks that because you drew the short straw to help him once that you're now bestest friends. Will seek you out no matter what you happen to be doing at the time, and plans out his journey through the store to take up the most time possible. When faced with a BB, cashiering is a very good defense but be careful if you get off register when he's still in the store. If you try to get away by telling him "I really need to do XYZ" he says "Oh that's OK, I'll talk to SM and tell him you were helping me"

Will fish for information on anything if given an opening (religion, why I'm wearing a piece of jewelry, etc). At one point I was tempted to wear a collar to work to scare him off, but he might see it as a challenge

Price Vulture: The PV always has a circular from at least one week ago (and might have multiples if they like a number of different sale prices) and expects to get those prices. Thinks that a cashier can just type in the little number under an item and that's how rainchecks work--no, you need the blue piece of paper and it has to be issued during the initial sale period.

"Customer Is Always Right": Knows the store's "Price Accuracy Guarantee" policy and will abuse it as much as s/he can, and knows which manager to go to to get their way. Has even switched shelf tags to do it; even though this has been witnessed firsthand, they're still not banned.

Last edited by Dreamstalker; 07-11-2012 at 01:43 PM.

Old 07-11-2012, 03:00 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
Has even switched shelf tags to do it; even though this has been witnessed firsthand, they're still not banned.
Heh, I used to be a security guard & when people pulled crap like this I would have them arrested for fraud. Very quickly knocked that shit off!

Old 07-11-2012, 05:20 PM
Unassuming Radish

Our sale tags are only attached to the shelf rail at the top; they're very easy to pull off by accident and if you know how you can reposition them to look 'right' for a few minutes. The regular tags are slid in, and extremely difficult to replace without taking the endcaps off (which basically means taking the whole shelf down) or being really obvious.

Old 07-17-2012, 03:45 AM
Bagger

I've been skimming through most of this thread and I haven't seen this one yet:

I don't have a cute name - but the people who don't know how to use their credit/debit cards - especially if they have a chip. I also enjoy the ones who will yell at me when the machine asks for their pin and they claim they don't have one and blame me somehow.

Old 07-17-2012, 10:49 PM
Gatekeeper of Health

Quote:
Quoth Evamarie41 View Post
I've been skimming through most of this thread and I haven't seen this one yet:

I don't have a cute name - but the people who don't know how to use their credit/debit cards - especially if they have a chip. I also enjoy the ones who will yell at me when the machine asks for their pin and they claim they don't have one and blame me somehow.
Might I suggest 'The Pinless Wonder'?