Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sickbay

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 12:55 PM
Autore e lettore di Tarocchi.

And I third it. But that does not diminish your feelings in any way.

Old 04-24-2012, 10:11 PM
Turning trees into files

My aunt went through something very similar while still in her thirties. It actually turned out very well for her, as her mood swings stopped, she no longer worried about getting pregnant, and she just felt better.

I do wish your mother the best (surgery is not fun), but she will probably feel so much better not long after the surgery that you'll be surprised.
Document everything
CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Old 04-25-2012, 12:02 AM
misidiotaic

I'm 34 and have been without my ovaries since I was 30 or so. In my case, it wasn't due to fibroids but benign tumors, but the result was the same. I've been on HRT ever since and, honestly, I feel thousands of times better than I did when I was younger and the tumors hadn't even developed yet.

Old 05-05-2012, 11:19 PM
Assistant Manager

Thank you, everyone, I have passed on your words of encouragement to Mummy Rabbit and I would like to hope in some small way she feels comforted.

She's very scared at the moment. A little over a fortnight ago, she had her hormonal implant inserted into her tummy, and its gotten to work quickly; a bit too quickly for her liking. She had a week of very pronounced stomach cramps as though she were on her period, but it wasn't until the following week that she actually bled, and it was a lot, bless her (anaemia has been a problem also).

She's also starting to get hormonal. She has managed to keep her temper very well reigned, she's more emotional than anything, crying at sad news stories (I think she might have even teared up during Kung Fu Panda 2 earlier! Very unlike her!). She's very worried about lashing out at people, and feeling very strained and scared. We're just telling her to do what she feels is best for herself (her job has been warned, but is apparently not helping much, although the manager has offered her 2 hour shifts after she comes back after recovering from surgery- a very good idea, I thought).

She was alarmed by the increase in sex drive I did warn her about that though haha! Dad is amused by it. He keeps making jokes which seems to help her through it.

She is having difficulty seeing ahead right now, but before the hormones really kicked in, she seemed comforted by the fact so many of you described feeling great after the surgery was done with.

She's due to go on a cruise 8 weeks after the surgery (shes going to power-rest during her 6 week recovery), so I suspect that the holiday may actually be very well timed and she may come back feeling...well...like a new woman!

Thank you everyone...we have a long way to go yet, but I appreciate everyone's kind words and support
Closed Thread