Go Back   Customers Suck! > Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Boston, MA
Old 05-03-2012, 02:10 AM
Substitute Teacher FTW

Default Boston, MA

Kabe and I (and possibly a friend; we're seeing if he can go) are heading up to Amesbury, MA for the Run For Your Life marathon there. The event is most of the day Saturday; we're driving up on Friday.

It's a hour away from Boston...and we've never been to the area. Any suggestions for how to spend Saturday night? We're planning on doing a drive thru on Friday night because Boston's the only place in the US so far to have a Wagamama's and I fell in love with that restaurant when I was in Ireland.

Last edited by Kheldarson; 05-03-2012 at 04:42 AM.

Old 05-03-2012, 04:02 AM
Will Work for Bacon

Not a clue; and I thought I knew my home state.

Old 05-03-2012, 09:34 PM
doing other people's jobs....

if you can... catch a Red Sox game while you are there. There are a lot of famous pubs in the area, so Cheers is a must.

Old 05-03-2012, 10:46 PM
Cashier

Which one are you going to? Fanuiel hall? Pru? Or Harvard Square? There are a ton of bars in the Fanuiel hall area. The North end is a short walk away. You can get some great Italian pastries at Modern Pastry or Mikes ( I recommend Modern, less tourists)

The Prudential center is near Fenway Park and Landsdowne street. Again a lot of bars and things to do.

Harvard Sq Cambridge is also a good time. Rocky Horror picture show starts at midnight.

Old 05-03-2012, 11:30 PM
So it's supposed to do that?

I can only suggest being very careful crossing the street. The one time I was there all the drivers had a "take no prisoners" attitude.

Old 05-04-2012, 12:50 AM
■ˇrr mjǫlnir

Boston isn't an hour from Amesbury unless you drive very slowly.

Take the T in. It's easier. Just make sure you know what time the last trains are.

I'm from a few towns over (in NH) from Amesbury.

Last time I was there - Boylston Street stop (Green line) had a lot to do - the green line also runs past North Station and into the museums. I think the Orange line also runs by Northeastern Univ and a few museums.

Old 05-04-2012, 02:48 AM
Substitute Teacher FTW

Quote:
Quoth Slayergrrl View Post
Which one are you going to? Fanuiel hall? Pru? Or Harvard Square? There are a ton of bars in the Fanuiel hall area. The North end is a short walk away. You can get some great Italian pastries at Modern Pastry or Mikes ( I recommend Modern, less tourists)

The Prudential center is near Fenway Park and Landsdowne street. Again a lot of bars and things to do.

Harvard Sq Cambridge is also a good time. Rocky Horror picture show starts at midnight.
I think I pulled the directions for the one in Harvard. Rocky Horror sounds awesome, but midnight would be hard since we're going to be up around 5 am each day of the weekend >.< Shoot me.

Quote:
Quoth draggar View Post
Boston isn't an hour from Amesbury unless you drive very slowly.

Take the T in. It's easier. Just make sure you know what time the last trains are.

I'm from a few towns over (in NH) from Amesbury.

Last time I was there - Boylston Street stop (Green line) had a lot to do - the green line also runs past North Station and into the museums. I think the Orange line also runs by Northeastern Univ and a few museums.
That might work. I'll look up a schedule.

Our hotel's in Hampton, NH...that close to you?