Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 09:02 PM
Assistant Manager

Quote:
Quoth Argabarga View Post
Quote:
Quoth sstabeler View Post
making a mistake flying a plane, and you can get a Powered Flight Into Terrain.
The NTSB calls it "CFIT"

or "Controlled Flight Into Terrain" essentaily, it means there was nothing wrong with the aircraft, the pilot(s) simply flew it into the ground
Exactly. ( you're probably right about the term, since I don't know that much about planes. I've played a few flight games, ( CFIT was usually the result, since i could never get the hang of the controls) but that's it.)

As for the knife, WTF? why did the supervisor not call the police if they thought the guy was actually threatening you with a knife?

Old 05-04-2012, 11:36 PM
Assistant Manager

Quote:
Quoth Little Retail Rabbit View Post
"Stanley"

There was a packaged Stanley knife on the counter, and he picked it up and started making a show of holding it, and said several times "You're stupid to argue with me, I have a knife! You should do what I want, because I'm holding a knife."

He was very aggressive and belligerent, but I felt he was trying to make a bad-taste joke. However, I held back the urge to snap "At my last job I WAS threatened with a knife, so thats not funny!" Lets face it, he was definately an arsehole and not going to suddenly become sympathetic.

One of the supervisors got him down the Trade area, mainly just to get him away from us. I don't know if his issue was resolved or not.

My supervisors said they weren't personally bothered by his comments, but they also felt he hadn't been joking. I've been told that if I encounter anything like that when I'm alone, I'm to hit the panic button.

Why the name of all that's holy did someone not call the cops?!

Old 05-05-2012, 03:52 PM
Puncher ... of Tickets!

Quote:
The "Pilot"
MG: Thats just stupid, if you're new you can't do your job. I am a pilot and when I was first learning how to fly they didn't have me flying planes!
This man is not a pilot and has likely never been up in a plane. You don't even need a licence to be able to be given control of a plane; I've "flown" for hours, starting at the age of 14 - I've never taken off or landed, but I've had control all the time in the air. If you can't do that, there's no point in taking you through the ground exercises!

Old 05-05-2012, 10:45 PM
Assistant Manager

(No police call was made likely because the knife was still packaged. I woulda been on that panic button and grabbing for our under-the-counter mallet if it had been unwrapped!).

(And yes, the store is the one with an ampersand in its name )

BIG UPDATE

Turns out I know exactly what the issue leading right up to the "Stanley" story was! And would any of you be at ALL surprised to learn it wasn't our fault at all?

I'm sure none of you will be...

Yes, he bought this overly expensive Trade Point tape measure at the self-service checkout. Yes it should not have been sold to him at all, but then again he was at self-service, easy enough to slip through.

I can't tell you what the brand of this tape measure is or exactly why it deserves such a price tag, but it turns out that the "overcharge" was not an overcharge at all. It was the right price.

He just wasn't paying attention to the screen when he bought it, and realised later he'd been charged (I can't remember exactly if it was 99.99 or 999, even though I think I said in the OP the latter...all I know was there were multiple nines and it WAS super expensive ).

So apart from the fact that he shouldn't have been able to put his hands on the item in the first place (it was likely placed in the wrong place by staff), this was not out fault at all.

But of course, he was more than happy to yell at us, say we ought to give him said tape-measure at a much much lower price as "good will" for his "inconvenience" and was so hacked off by "our" fuck up, started to make threats with a knife

So he was even more of a prick that first thought! I am just soooo surprised to learn this, howabout you guys? :P

My fiance was PISSED when he found out! I won't lie, it did cross my mind later that I could have gotten that mallet and smacked it down on his hand and say "Awwww, how you gonna hold your little knife now?" I have a feeling I would be sacked for it, but my name would go down in the store's history as some kinda Mallet-weilding hero

Old 05-05-2012, 11:09 PM
Pune Massacreeist

Quote:
...I could have gotten that mallet and smacked it down on his hand...
Bang! Bang! Rabbit's rubber mallet came down on his ...

Old 05-06-2012, 01:23 AM
Assistant Manager

Quote:
He just wasn't paying attention to the screen when he bought it, and realised later he'd been charged (I can't remember exactly if it was 99.99 or 999, even though I think I said in the OP the latter...all I know was there were multiple nines and it WAS super expensive ).
um, what kind of tape measure costs $99, let alone $999? ( I know you can't tell us. it's a reaction to the price.) especially since it's in a trade buyers section, since that's usually cheaper. the only thing I can think of is if you just have to point at whatever you want measured, and it measured the object itself... I'd have thought an ordinary tape measure? he'd have been better off accepting the refund, and getting an ordinary tape measure instead.

second, how did the store screw up? it was run through self-checkout, so for all I know, he did grab it from wherever the tradepoint stuff is kept in your store. (I don't know how it's dealt with in your store, so if it is kept separate by more than being a different section, feel free to correct me)

in short, an extremely sucky customer, who needs to learn to keep a better eye on what he buys.

Old 05-06-2012, 03:06 AM
Chairman of the Board

Quote:
um, what kind of tape measure costs $99, let alone $999?
It might be a laser tape measure. Those can get very expensive. A quick Google search revealed models priced from US$100.00 to US$800.00.

The sale of a laser tape measure could easily be restricted to those in the trade due to the safety issues with lasers.

Old 05-06-2012, 03:24 AM
Area Manager

I see now that it was a packaged knife, but a threat is a threat.

Next time something like this happens, you need to not only have someone call 911, but secretly stall the guy and intentionally slow yourself down. The guy will become MORE irate and harp on you, but you'll know the cops are on their way. Eventually the guy will keep getting angrier and angrier and either storm out so you (hopefully) won't have to worry about him, or he'll stay there, and you'll have your line of witnesses to help you out.

Old 05-06-2012, 04:11 PM
Chairman of the Board

I wonder what would have happened if the store had a display of machetes - and a wannabe Crocodile Dundee.

Old 05-06-2012, 05:00 PM
Never surpassed.

Quote:
second, how did the store screw up?
Simple. Something went wrong on the self-checkout, as it failed to run the Summon(Genie) subroutine in order to instantly make someone appear who could fix the problem caused by his own inattention.

Either that, or they failed to go along with his likely scam attempt, trying to get an expensive, easily resellable tool for a fraction of its actual worth. And, as we know, the customer is always right, so that makes them at fault for not letting him cheat them...

Quote:
Quoth emax4 View Post
I see now that it was a packaged knife, but a threat is a threat.
Indeed. A person who would threaten you with a packaged knife would also likely not think twice before ripping it out of its packaging and continuing to threaten you.
FFXIV:ARR - Erickei Dunsinae, BLM on Sargatanas
Closed Thread