Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 09:08 PM
Chairman of the Board

Why do people get so ornery about being asked for their ID? Are they wanted by the FBI? I think it's great being asked. But, like someone else noted, these people pitch a fit about being asked for ID, yet are the same ones that gripe when no ID was asked of whomever stole their card.

Old 05-04-2012, 09:42 PM
Lantean Moderator

I'm just going to nip this in the bud right now. Credit card/ID threads never end well. Let's focus on the fact that the customer was taking up the issue with someone who was not in a position to make policy changes.

RIP Plaidman.

Old 05-04-2012, 11:42 PM
Hello there.

First, to !
There's aplenty if you're of age, and bacon by the bushelful, and, of course to help you forget lovely people like this coming through your line ^_^

Quote:
Quoth NoMoreRetail View Post
the credit card company will just reimburse the customer and they get the money from the retailers that the card was used at.
I always wondered why credit card companies seemed to be so generous when it came to refunding fraudulent transactions >_>

Last edited by EricKei; 05-04-2012 at 11:52 PM.

Old 05-05-2012, 12:57 AM
Insert clever title here

Quote:
Quoth Merriweather View Post
SC's don't want the inconvenience of being asked for ID with credit cards when it's them, but if someone else had their card you should be be asking for ID. Hence the need for ESP. Also helpful in knowing which customers want small talk and smiles, and which want serious business attitudes. And numerous other uses.
Yeah, we're supposed to have these godlike powers, yet still work for minimum wage and allow the SCs to treat us like scum on their shoes.

Old 05-05-2012, 02:07 AM
Trainee

Talking

Great posts guys thanks for the welcome I didn't know ID threads don't end well and I don't want my first ever thread locked lol! The reason I always ask is because when I first started there awhile ago I wasnt resolute told what the proper procedure was and ended up taking two stolen cards with 5k worth of merchandise charged to them!! The guy was caught but from that point forward I always ask whether you like it or not I'm not losing my job and I cover my own ass if it happens again as long as the names matched and the ID looked legit I'm in the clear. I'm just honestly surprised that she had an attitude with me considering up until her all my customers are happy when I ask.

Old 05-06-2012, 02:18 PM
Chairman of the Board

Quote:
Quoth NoMoreRetail View Post
Sadly it is against the credit card companies rules. If you go to the Mastercard page, their is a place where you can file complaints, and one of the reasons is "store asked for ID" If a person files a complaint using that reason, the store can be fined and even loose the ability to be able to accept those kinds of cards. Apparently if a card is stolen the credit card company will just reimburse the customer and they get the money from the retailers that the card was used at.
Quote:
Quoth Dave1982 View Post
I'm just going to nip this in the bud right now. Credit card/ID threads never end well. Let's focus on the fact that the customer was taking up the issue with someone who was not in a position to make policy changes.
In light of CS being a forum for "what is", and my comments on the matter being in the realm of "what should be", I've posted them here.

Old 05-06-2012, 02:43 PM
Chairman of the Board

Welcome to the world of retail where anything inconvenient to the SC is illegal.

Old 05-06-2012, 03:58 PM
Area Manager

In order to shut them down at the gate, as soon as they mention anything about "illegal" and "credit card", it might be beneficial to say, "If that's how you feel, I can only take cash at this point, and can no longer take a credit card. Again, your total is (blah blah)"

Old 05-07-2012, 08:34 AM
Supports Sleeping Gas Use

Ew, a certified EW. EWs are ew. "I could report you so bow down & lick my boots" was what she was thinking I bet. BTW welcome!

Old 05-10-2012, 01:58 PM
Swiss Army Monkey

We recently had someone use a card stolen out of a mail box that the thief had signed themselves. We checked the signature (which of course matched) they even gave us the card owners correct address for warranty! I had to fight with the bank tooth and nail because of all this.

Now any purchase over a certain amount we ask for ID (its not thing over here in Australia) and I am waiting for someone to get snippy... so far no one has gotten upset but I know ill end up with someone getting pissy about it.
Closed Thread