Go Back   Customers Suck! > Site News > Site News

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 05:01 PM
Lantean Moderator

Bumping this up as a reminder folks. We aren't mind readers, so putting notes to the mods in a post is no guarantee that we will see it. If you aren't sure if you are posting in the right section, PM a mod.

RIP Plaidman.

Old 01-15-2012, 11:26 PM
Lantean Moderator

Bumping this one again because I've seen about half a dozen threads that include "Mods feel free to move this" just today. If you aren't sure you're posting in the right section, ask a mod.

RIP Plaidman.

Old 05-02-2012, 10:00 PM
Lantean Moderator

We've been seeing quite of a lot "mods feel free to move" posts lately so I'm giving this one another bump.

RIP Plaidman.

Old 05-03-2012, 12:20 AM
Customer

if i may say, i see that too but it doesn't hurt to go in and report the button, AND give a link to the thread and THEN say why you reported this that way it saves the mods time in having to find what you are talking about

I say this because I asked once, and one mod told me for future reference please post a link to the thread so i do that now, or is that wrong/has changed?

Old 05-03-2012, 12:21 AM
Is not a mind reader

Thanks for asking.

The report button is perfectly fine and saves us a ton of time. We appreciate that.

Old 05-03-2012, 12:29 AM
Customer

welcome. figured the more help the easier it is. i say this from past experience as a mod in a chat room back in the late '90s so the easier some made by giving detailed reports the better. and yes everyone has a life here but the mods have more responsibility

Old 05-04-2012, 10:22 AM
Lunatic posing as normal!

To give a bit of info/help:

We love when people use the report button to alert us to any problem from a simple "housekeeping" issue to an offensive post.

When a post gets reported, we mods have a direct link to the problem post, so it's not necessary to provide a link to the one you're reporting. Do give as much detail as possible for the report reason, though.

Now, if someone is reporting a duplicate thread topic, it is really helpful if they include the link to the other thread so we mods can have a look at both threads and possibly merge them.

Other valid reasons to report are:
  • post in the wrong forum
  • a double post
  • controversial comments
  • someone seeking medical advice in the venting forum for health care workers
  • any other violation of a site or forum rule
  • anything you feel needs to be reported for any reason
Don't worry about looking or feeling foolish for reporting.
Nobody ever went wrong by using the report button.
We mods really do prefer erring on the side of caution rather than posting within a thread hoping the OP or a mod will see the comment and act on it.
I know it seems like I'm this strong person who can get though anything, but inside I'm fragile. I've had so many things thrown at me, and each one has only made a crack. What I'm afraid of is shattering.

Last edited by Ree; 05-04-2012 at 10:25 AM.

Old 05-04-2012, 01:11 PM
Chairman of the Board

Quote:
Quoth Ree View Post
Other valid reasons to report are:
  • post in the wrong forum
  • a double post
  • controversial comments
  • someone seeking medical advice in the venting forum for health care workers
  • any other violation of a site or forum rule
  • anything you feel needs to be reported for any reason
As a regular member of this forum, I used to believe the "report" button was only used to report violations. I've since used the button as a way to say "you might want to keep an eye on this just in case." I believe I've even reported my own topic if I needed to request correcting a typo in the title.

I also wanted to ask a question. Is it appropriate to use the "report" button if you're nominating a war story? I admit to using it for that purpose recently, but not sure if that's the best way to handle that.

Last edited by Mr Hero; 05-04-2012 at 01:13 PM.

Old 05-04-2012, 02:36 PM
Lunatic posing as normal!

Quote:
Quoth Mr Hero View Post
I also wanted to ask a question. Is it appropriate to use the "report" button if you're nominating a war story? I admit to using it for that purpose recently, but not sure if that's the best way to handle that.
Yep. That's fine too.
You can also PM a mod to nominate.

Just a reminder, if you do nominate a war story using the report button, (or even if you PM), please be sure to include a good explanation of why you feel it deserves the nomination.
Just reporting and saying "War Story," or "I nominate this for War story," isn't good enough.
We like to know what it was about the story that made you think "War Story".
I know it seems like I'm this strong person who can get though anything, but inside I'm fragile. I've had so many things thrown at me, and each one has only made a crack. What I'm afraid of is shattering.

Old 05-07-2012, 01:49 PM
Front End Supervisor

*walks up to Mod Desk, paces impatiently for about five seconds, then obnoxiously drums desk with fingernails*

Siiiigh!!!! Well?!? Isn't ANY Mod going to help me? I've been waiting here for THIRTY MINUTES!!! How rude of you to WASTE TWO HOURS of my valuable time!

What? No, I'm not going to explain what I need; YOU SHOULD ALREADY KNOW!!!!!111ELEVENTY-ELEVEN AND ONETY-ONE111!!!

Mods, if this post is in the wrong forum, please move it. kthxbai

*ducks*

Last edited by DGoddessChardonnay; 05-07-2012 at 11:20 PM. Reason: consecutive with previous post
Closed Thread