This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
    Is this a stealth brag about having a brain so big a normal head couldn't hold it?
    I've got a brain the size of a planet, but if I tell them that all the diodes down my left side are hurting, does anyone listen?

Comment

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
      It's not a question of shape--merely of size. I seem to have an inhumanly-large cranium. I have found a total of three different hats that fit me so far, in a couple of decades of looking. One was a straw hat made on a "humongous" form just in case someone like me wandered by the booth; one was an actual Size 8+ hat, and one is the big floppy "Sunday Afternoons" hat that I wear when going outside for any amount of time.
      This would seem to warrant springing for some custom work. Aside from Google, you might ask around local clothing- or shoe- repair places (such as those often found with laundry services), or any SCA-type groups you might know about.

Comment

I just accept that I'm not much of a "hat person". My wife stumbled upon one hat that actually did fit me and offered good sun protection, so I promptly stole it from her. She made me order a couple more of them...

https://www.sundayafternoons.com/p/adventure-hat/

I wear one like that most of the time I am out in daylight for more than a few minutes.

I definitely am not as smart as Marvin the Paranoid Android, nor do I claim that my noggin makes me the smartest person in any given room. I think it's mostly just a thicker skull; a notion firmly supported by my wife who occasionally tries to get ideas through it....
        “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
        One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
        The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

... a notion firmly supported by my wife who occasionally tries to get ideas through it....
          The answer is obvious: UBH!

Use Bigger Hammer! Though that could end like the time our gang of 12-13 year olds were digging an underground hut with picks. I discovered a *large* buried rock and told my best friend and good buddy (our muscle kid) it was too tough and could he loosen it up?

Mighty Swing! Klang! ... and he's stretched out in line with the pick handle, vibrating like a gong.
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

In all fairness I can't tell ages either. Unless you have grey hair or wrinkles, I'm probably going to ID you because 99.9% of the time they drove here and if they drove they have to by law have their drivers license on them. If you're over, take it as a damn compliment. We get a lot of underage checks here because of the amount of money we're talking about (and because it's a legally binding contract) we have to insure the customer is legally allowed to make the purchase (19+, appears sober and mentally sound) and that they are who they say they are. I personally don't want it on my head because someone made an $80,000 purchase with your information. Even if you're an old old fart, we still have to confirm identity with at least one piece of govt issue ID that has a picture and DOB. I don't get why ppl get all pissy about it. Like hello! Trying to make sure someone isn't about to commit fraud here with *your* information. Not to mention I would be criminally liable if I failed to ask for ID and you weren't who you claimed to be. If it's fake and I get fooled well at least I have covered my ass and can avoid any criminal charges. I hear jail's unpleasant.
            Don’t worry about what I’m up to. Worry about why you are worried about what I’m up to.

Comment

Not to mention I would be criminally liable if I failed to ask for ID and you weren't who you claimed to be. If it's fake and I get fooled well at least I have covered my ass and can avoid any criminal charges. I hear jail's unpleasant.
              Prisoner 1: Whatchoo in for?

Prisoner 2: Grand theft.

Prisoner 3: Agravated Battery.

AkaiKitsune: Failure to card someone at the store.

Prisoners: O_O Holy shit! We got us a badass up in here!
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                Prisoner 1: Whatchoo in for?
                Prisoner 2: Grand theft.
                Prisoner 3: Agravated Battery.
                AkaiKitsune: Failure to card someone at the store.
                Prisoners: O_O Holy shit! We got us a badass up in here!
                Prisoner 5: Litterin' ... and creating a public nuisance.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                  Prisoner 5: Litterin' ... and creating a public nuisance.
                  Did they have the 27 8x10 color glossie pictures with the circles and arrows?

Comment

Quoth smfrazier View Post
                    Did they have the 27 8x10 color glossie pictures with the circles and arrows?
                    Happened Thanksgiving, 1965. Album released 50 years ago!

The (12/26/17) cover photo at arloguthrie.com is so sweet!

Comment

I remember when some women would come in carrying a baby, only to discover the baby was a much younger sibling, or worse, a baby they had "borrowed" to make us believe that would pass as being twenty-one or over. Never worked.

Comment

I just accept that I'm not much of a "hat person". My wife stumbled upon one hat that actually did fit me and offered good sun protection, so I promptly stole it from her. ...
                        When I was in high school I had a heck of a time finding a had that we wore with our band uniforms that fit my head. In my case, though, it was very thick hair. If I let my hair grow any further than about earlobe length during that era, I'd have to wear it stuffed into a nylon stocking since we all wore our hair up under these hats except for those with Marine buzz cuts. On top of my hair being thick it was also dark auburn and very curly and frizzy, so when I took my hat off my hair expanded like a red mushroom cloud. Then, when I'd brush it out afterward, it'd stick out on all sides and make me look like I hit a hot wire. So, I kept it cut very short. When I got married 20 years ago my husband asked if I'd consider growing my hair longer, and I told him this story. He never asked again.
                        Last edited by EricKei; 01-02-2018, 03:22 AM. Reason: snip

Comment

Working...
                        X