X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some people are too stupid to be allowed access to cars

article here

"Automatic car features are supposed to make life easier for motorists, but they may be leaving some people without the know-how to do things the old-fashioned way. That’s what happened to a driver in Utah County who became trapped inside her own car.

A woman called Orem police Friday afternoon needing help because her battery died and she was locked inside her car.

When police arrived, they found the woman sitting in the car, unable to get herself out. She couldn’t hear the officers instructions through the rolled-up windows so she motioned to them to call her on her cell phone, according to police.

Once officers were able to talk to the woman on the phone, they were able to tell her how to manually operate the slide lock mechanism on the inside door panel to open the door and free herself.

“I'm just glad she had a cell phone to call for help,” an officer said."
    Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

OH MY GOD.... I'm about 20 miles away from Orem... I fear the stupid is spreading...
    Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

I can only headdesk myself from the sheer stupid.
      "I try to take reality one day at time, but sometimes several days attack me at once."

Comment

Don't most of the vehicles these days that have the auto/power locks still have that neat little feature wherein if you just pull the latch (to open the door) the lock for that door automatically unlocks? I've had power locks on my vehicles since '95 and they've all had that feature.

Comment

Quoth Luna Baby View Post
          Don't most of the vehicles these days that have the auto/power locks still have that neat little feature wherein if you just pull the latch (to open the door) the lock for that door automatically unlocks? I've had power locks on my vehicles since '95 and they've all had that feature.
          Yeah, sounds like hers did too, she just didn't know how to work it....
          "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

On the majority of cars these days, pulling the door handle to open the driver's or passenger's side door will also unlock the door in question.

This, I suppose, is intended to make it easier to get out of the car in an emergency and harder to get locked inside the car. Which is damn near impossible anyway, but there's always someone.
            "I'm not a crazed gunman, dad, I'm an assassin... Well, the difference being one is a job and the other's mental sickness!" -The Sniper

Comment

Why didn't she lift the lock thingy at the corner of the window?
              How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

BWAHAHAHAHA

Oh man, I wish I could've been there to see that. I'd have been messing with that woman SO bad. "I got her hubcaps!"

...seriously? I mean, really, though, seriously? Did I sleep through it and it's April 1 again already?
                "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
                  Because she didn't know how.
                  I AM the evil bastard!
                  A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

... This woman is driving around ... without knowing how to operate a door lock...

*Brain freezes*
                    Coworker: Someone hit her hard re-set button her brain crashed again!

Comment

Peter: Aww man! I hate Trivial Pursuit, it always makes me feel so stupid.

Brian: More stupid then that time you locked your keys out of the car?
                      (Cut to Peter inside the car with his keys lying outside his car door.)

Peter: Damn it! Hey! Hey! Somebody! Hey! Sir! Sir! Sir! You see those keys there? Sir! Si-! (man walks away) Screw you! (Sticks a bent straight hanger out of his window and trys to catch the keys on the hanger. The keys fall.) Oh waahhaahaaa!
                      The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

That reminds me of a story I heard wherein a woman's keyless entry remote bummed out on her, so she asked a passer-by to take her somewhere to get new batteries for it since she couldn't unlock her car. He showed her how to unlock it the good old-fashioned way.

Don't know if it was a true story, but after reading this article, I can believe it.
                        >++++++++[<+++++++++>-]<+.>>>++++[<++++++++>-]<.<++++++[<++++++>-]<+.>+++[<--->-]<..-.>>.<<---.>>.<+++[<+++>-]<++.---.---.-.>+++++[<----------->-]<.

Comment

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
                          Mine go flush when locked, to get out however all you do is pull on the handle inside...

In fact I think mine deadlock so the handle is inoperative to stop people from bending the doorframe back and using a wire to open the handle.

Hmmm, I feel an experiment coming on...
                          A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
                            Utah County
                            Quoth Fenrus View Post
                            OH MY GOD.... I'm about 20 miles away from Orem... I fear the stupid is spreading...
                            Fenrus, did you even have to read past those 2 words "Utah County" before you just knew something incredibly stupid was going to happen? Once I saw those 2 words I knew something that would make my IQ drop by reading was going to occur...
                            Last edited by Boozy; 06-10-2008, 12:55 PM. Reason: quote tags
                            If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

My mom once locked her self in my car. We were leaving for FL in February and it was early in the morning, still dark. We have three cars, and a two car garage. Mine was parked outside the night before, my dad backed his car out so my mom could put mine in.

She stars it up and proceeded to back up, she is not sure ho far to my dads car and wants to open the door to see since the mirrors were not adjusted to her. I have it sent to lock the doors when in gear. So when she puts in in reverse the doors lock. Se cant get out. I decide to get my keys which have the remote entry keyfob thing and unlock the door that way, except she used my keys. Eventyally I get a flashligt and coak her to unlock the doors and she runs out.

Now to be fair she had never driven my car more than a few miles and the light for the power windows and locks on the drivers side door was bunt out, but is was still funny.

Comment

Working...
                              X